+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Field of dream - they will come

Field of dream - they will come

Vincent,

Over 16,000 there today - an improvement.

You are learning your lessons well, we have, at last, got a proper manager, one of the best, and you have listened to mum and returned us to blue. We have the stadium and the infrastructure in place, all we need now is for you to believe as well and make the necessary investment come January and the world is our oyster. Maybe not this season, but with confidence in the man you have appointed and a little more investment, we can get back to the promised land, in blue this time and stay there.

Cheers

Re: Field of dream - they will come

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Vincent,

You are learning your lessons well, we have, at last, got a proper manager, one of the best, and you have listened to mum and returned us to blue. We have the stadium and the infrastructure in place, all we need now is for you to believe as well and make the necessary investment come January and the world is our oyster. Maybe not this season, but with confidence in the man you have appointed and a little more investment, we can get back to the promised land, in blue this time and stay there.

Cheers
    Quite right, it is a field of dreams. Dream on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Quite right, it is a field of dreams. Dream on.
    That's what life is all about, dreams of something better.

If you build it he will come.

Banned

No way was there 16000 there today more like 12000 and if we carry on playing like that it will drop further.

It looked less than previous home games. But I can only assume, for various reasons, many season ticket holders didn't bother turning up.
    Spedger

Vincent,

Cheers
    He's building a baseball team!!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He's building a baseball team!!!!????
    Well, he's got the bit about the amount of time the ball spends in the air right .
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 04-12-16 at 01:57.

Vincent,

Cheers
    Credit to Vincent Tan, he's appointed a proper manager of a type I never thought we'd see working at Cardiff City under him and, not only that, things like the decision to revamp the Under 23 team strongly suggests that Neil Warnock is being allowed to get on with doing what he does best. I daresay the real test for Tan will come in, say, March if we are still in the same position as we are now, because then the transfer window that Warnock is placing so much store in will have come and gone and the feeling around the club will be far more panicky than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    It looked less than previous home games. But I can only assume, for various reasons, many season ticket holders didn't bother turning up.
    Spedger
    Yes, I think you are right.
    Also helped by what looked a very good following from Brighton.

No 'offers' this week to boost the crowd and I don't think it will be a lot better for Wolves or Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yes, I think you are right.
    Also helped by what looked a very good following from Brighton.

No 'offers' this week to boost the crowd and I don't think it will be a lot better for Wolves or Barnsley

Were we not told at the last Supporters Meeting, that the club were limited on HOME DEALS, by the league. ?

Wasn't it 4 or 5 home games a season they can do deals. ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Were we not told at the last Supporters Meeting, that the club were limited on HOME DEALS, by the league. ?

Wasn't it 4 or 5 home games a season they can do deals. ?
    Yes.
    The club are limited as to what more they can do.

We need some more positive results and performances and the support of those who care now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    No way was there 16000 there today more like 12000 and if we carry on playing like that it will drop further.
    If we continue to defend well, put in gutsy performances and get good results attendances will drop?

Instead of constant complaining and telling us how how great a (now unemployed) former manager was, why don't you support the new manager and the club?

Those running this club (and if Tan was being criticised when going wrong he should get his fair share now) seem to be making many positive moves. I cannot see why Slade was given the chance at being a DoF other than we didn't want him as manager but respected what he had done, I wish Trollope had been either kept as number 2 or had Warnock as his DoF, but now that hasn't worked out we seem to be a lot closer to where we'd want to be even if our disastrous transfer window run is still hurting us.