+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock tonight

Warnock tonight

I went to watch a question & answer night with Warnock tonight in the Rose and Crown in Pontypridd.

I came aware incredibly impressed by the guy and i honestly think we're in good hands with him.

He was honest and didn't dodge any questions and he definitely didn't give the impression that hes here for just a quick fix like some people think.

I was buzzing that he is looking at "holistic" improvements right throughout the club rather than just focusing on Saturday to Saturday.

He spoke about the fact that he could offer a bit of football guidance to the owner and chairman who he says definitely want the best for this club.

Re: Warnock tonight

Second that, thoroughly enjoyed it. top bloke who also spoke highly of the behind the scenes set up. his thoughts on u23's were interesting

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Second that, thoroughly enjoyed it. top bloke who also spoke highly of the behind the scenes set up. his thoughts on u23's were interesting

He seemed like a top top guy mate and i really believe we're in good hands

Will there be any reports (or video) coming from the event tonight?

WalesOnline there, and/or someone from the messageboard and/or Trust who will write it up? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Will there be any reports (or video) coming from the event tonight?

WalesOnline there, and/or someone from the messageboard and/or Trust who will write it up? Thanks.
    I'm not sure whether anything will be published Jon. Warnock said he will be doing a few more of these elsewhere. If you can go along i recommend it cos he comes across really well

I liked the video screen of Warnock at the ground Saturday with the words "my kind of people" so great to hear about him taking time to meet the fans, sounds like those that went enjoyed it, great to hear

He's already sussed out a venue for one in Maesteg

there was a small camera filming it but dont know whether the club will show anything

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He was brilliant tonight,answered all the questions raised and spoke with such infectious enthusiasm for well over an hour
    It's easy to see how he can get the best out of players who want to improve.

Loved the fact that he stated he had wanted to sign Whitts at a few different clubs he had previously managed and joked that he thought whitts was around 43 when he arrived

He was there for ages after having photos taken with fans and signing autographs etc

Great night well worth going to if you get the chance to hear hm talk about football, you could listen to him all day

Well done to the Rose and Crown as well for the money raised for Velindre

Sounds excellent. Great to see him out in the Valleys. Long term lots of loyal support and good that he appreciates that and is making the effort.
    Can't remember any other recent manager going north of Whitchurch

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm not sure whether anything will be published Jon. Warnock said he will be doing a few more of these elsewhere. If you can go along i recommend it cos he comes across really well
    It sounds very good and I would like to get to one of these - but I'm a bit out of the way (South Yorkshire) so it's unlikely. Hopefully there will be an edited clip or two on CC Player in a few days.

If you are going to be playing Malky/Slade/Warnock side of the spectrum football then it works best when creating a strong in-group atmosphere. Slade might have been able to do that for the players but he was a damp fish for supporters and media and therefore that sort of football also became watched like a damp fish.

Warnock is not perfect but he does have a charm and a clear desire to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Sounds excellent. Great to see him out in the Valleys. Long term lots of loyal support and good that he appreciates that and is making the effort.
    I thought perhaps either Malky or Dave Jones, or both ventured into the valleys once or twice? Could be wrong, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If you are going to be playing Malky/Slade/Warnock side of the spectrum football then it works best when creating a strong in-group atmosphere. Slade might have been able to do that for the players but he was a damp fish for supporters and media and therefore that sort of football also became watched like a damp fish.

Warnock and City - seems an excellent match.
    Just what we need.

PS 'damp fish' is a way better simile than wet fish, cold fish or damp squib(/squid).

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Pretty sure it's already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Not only that but you always got the impression that Slade never had no authority or balls to approach those upstairs to tell them things that are wrong with the club. You can see that Warnock is clearly different in this area and his main objective is to see Cardiff City as a thriving football club on and off the pitch.

There have been many divisions among our fanbase since the rebrand fiasco mate but last night had the feel of the pre-rebrand Cardiff City with everyone united behind the club.

I know quite a few lads who completely lost interest over the last few years who have had their interest reignited lately.

How come its' not announced as a world tour via Ents 24 ,we could all get a chance to see the messiah ,as long as we can get tickets before the touts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I thought perhaps either Malky or Dave Jones, or both ventured into the valleys once or twice? Could be wrong, of course!
    Malky came to Bridgend (Bryntirion) football club, but I'm pretty sure it was AFTER he'd been sacked, to honour an already agreed appointment .

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Malky came to Bridgend (Bryntirion) football club, but I'm pretty sure it was AFTER he'd been sacked, to honour an already agreed appointment .
    He was looking for employment

Malky Mackay went up to Rhydyfelin for a 'meet the fans' event shortly after taking over as manager. That's definitely north of Whitchurch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Malky Mackay went up to Rhydyfelin for a 'meet the fans' event shortly after taking over as manager. That's definitely north of Whitchurch.
    Phew lucky escape, glad he didn't stop off at the Royal Oak, the only real safe haven for city fans in Whitchurch

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Cheers Dave.

Although last time I went to Rhydfelin I had my wallet nicked from the changing room after spending the afternoon battling against their very handy local psychos.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Yeah, it was after

I saw Malky in Maesteg do a talk with some City players when he first came to the city.