+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A level results day.

A level results day.

Daughter knocked it out of the park.
    First member of the family to get to Uni.
    Really proud.

Re: A level results day.

Congrats!

Looking forward to the press coverage, as always.

My son has just gone to get his results but his place at Cardiff Uni is confirmed so he is thrilled.

My lad got three B's which is fine but he was expected to get higher results but he was on the Linear A level system whereas some students are on the old modular system. Frankly it's a shambles and some students will, rightly be hacked off today. Gove made a complete **** up of this.

Yes, my daughter was on the new linear system - she was shocked at how hard it was compared to gcse's.
    Hope your lad got into his choice of uni - if that's what he wants

Quote Originally Posted by My Name is Dave. View Post
    Yes, my daughter was on the new linear system - she was shocked at how hard it was compared to gcse's.
    Hope your lad got into his choice of uni - if that's what he wants

Well done to your daughter Dave. Yep Chris had Cardiff as his first choice but I feel a little flat with his results as he was predicted A grades. I suspect there may be a story developing here. My lad goes to Cotswold state school which is a very good Comp but the results seem well down at the school this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Well done to your daughter Dave. Yep Chris had Cardiff as his first choice but I feel a little flat with his results as he was predicted A grades. I suspect there may be a story developing here. My lad goes to Cotswold state school which is a very good Comp but the results seem well down at the school this year.
    A Levels are only an application to go to uni, they mean nothing afterwards. Be proud because three B's are excellent grades. Good luck to him from me mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A Levels are only an application to go to uni, they mean nothing afterwards. Be proud because three B's are excellent grades. Good luck to him from me mate.
    Thanks Zenith.

Used to love a-levels results day

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    This. Once you get your degree nobody really gives a toss about your A levels.

Congrats to all the posters and parents on their achievements, be proud and celebrate your success.

I agree ,I think there may be a trend of exaggerating the predicted grades so that it's a better picture for clearing.
    So glad neither of our kids have to go through that nightmare!

Congrats to the people who made it 👊🏽

Congrats to both of you and your kids!

I picked up my AS Level results today and I'm pretty pleased

Really proud.
    Congratulations to your daughter Dave

My son has just gone to get his results but his place at Cardiff Uni is confirmed so he is thrilled.
    As Zenith says Pearcey, they are just just a way of getting into Uni. What course is your son taking at Cardiff? My son completed an access course and is going to study media and journalism at Cardiff Uni as well

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    As Zenith says Pearcey, they are just just a way of getting into Uni. What course is your son taking at Cardiff? My son completed an access course and is going to study media and journalism at Cardiff Uni as well
    Hi Neil. He is doing History. Chuffed he is going to Cardiff. Cracking place for him to spend three years. He is a bright lad but unlike me he is very practical too.

Hi Neil. He is doing History. Chuffed he is going to Cardiff. Cracking place for him to spend three years. He is a bright lad but unlike me he is very practical too.
    Same here. My son was also offered a place at Swansea, but he said there's no way on earth would he go there . Good luck to your son and I hope everything goes well.

Really proud.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    Same here. My son was also offered a place at Swansea, but he said there's no way on earth would he go there . Good luck to your son and I hope everything goes well.
    Is your son doing History too? If he is give me a shout. My lad is Chris Pearce

Is your son doing History too? If he is give me a shout. My lad is Chris Pearce
    Presume you are buying him a flex ticket rather than a seanon ticket so he can opt out after 6 games in the unlikely chance he does not get bitten by the bug! Congrats to Chris and proud Dad!

my daughters got 3 grade 'A's in her subjects

Well done Mozzetta jnr.

Unfortunately the course my daughter wants to do they don't do in Cardiff, but they do it 30 miles west....

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Great results. Well done to your daughter

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Presume you are buying him a flex ticket rather than a seanon ticket so he can opt out after 6 games in the unlikely chance he does not get bitten by the bug! Congrats to Chris and proud Dad!
    If only. He hates football and supports England in the rugby. Younger son is passionate and supports Reading and Wales...dunno where he gets it from.