+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best/Worst Signings

Best/Worst Signings

With only a handful of players still at the club who weren't brought in pre-OGS, who would you say was each manager's best/worst signings? I'd go:

OGS - Morrison/Berget
    Slade - Peltier/Revell
    Trollope - Bennett/Lambert
    Warnock - Hoilett/Chamakh

Re: Best/Worst Signings

Chamakh was on a glorified trial here not sure id put him as the worst signing. Probably Tomlin pound-for-pound

Hard to argue with any of them.

Jones - Whitts/J Lloyd or Bywater

Mackay - Gunnars/Cornelius

Gabriel Tamas for Slade? At least Revell scored some goals and actually played in the league

I think Zaha should be up there for OGS, good player now, but what a disappointment when he joined

I had Tamas in my list, but he was here for such a short space of time and played just the once, that I took him out. Revell taking Kenwyne's place just about summed up Slade's reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    With only a handful of players still at the club who weren't brought in pre-OGS, who would you say was each manager's best/worst signings? I'd go:

OGS - Morrison/Berget
    Slade - Peltier/Revell
    Trollope - Bennett/Lambert
    Warnock - Hoilett/Chamakh
    I can't really argue with them but Berget has some serious competition. Eikrem, Cala, Burgstaller, ALF, Guerra, Dikgacoi, Adeyemi and Macheda. I'd say Berget probably trumps them because of the money we paid and he made zero impact.

I don't think Chamakh was a total disaster, I'd say Camp has probably been the worst as he's been injured and hasn't contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I can't really argue with them but Berget has some serious competition. Eikrem, Cala, Burgstaller, ALF, Guerra, Dikgacoi, Adeyemi and Macheda. I'd say Berget probably trumps them because of the money we paid and he made zero impact.

I don't think Chamakh was a total disaster, I'd say Camp has probably been the worst as he's been injured and hasn't contributed.
    Fair point about Camp, but a manager can't foresee injury I suppose. Although the type of deal he signed protected us, Chamakh is a player with talent. He could have been great, but just didn't seem bothered.

Fair point about Camp, but a manager can't foresee injury I suppose. Although the type of deal he signed protected us, Chamakh is a player with talent. He could have been great, but just didn't seem bothered.
    He was signed with an injury in fairness. Of all the players we signed that weren't up to much, at least Richardson and Chamakh did something, and were on short term deals.

Sorry, I stand corrected. Another OGS signing that really bombed was Ravel Morrison. At least, he got one Morrison signing right.

Didn't Gabby and Young sign Morrison? Or even the famous transfer committee?

He was signed mid-August 2014, a month before OGS was sacked.

Was he? I thought he was an emergency loan in October? I remember it coming completely out of the blue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29320258

That's a week after OGS got the chop.

Sorry, thought you were referring to Sean!

Sorry, thought you were referring to Sean!
    Oh! Sean is possibly the best signing since we got relegated! Credit to OGS for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    Chamakh was on a glorified trial here not sure id put him as the worst signing. Probably Tomlin pound-for-pound
    Too many pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Too many pounds?
    He must have been on a crash diet at Forest then....to not be subbed when they were down to 10 men at Burton, as well as play 90 mins on Saturday and score the equaliser late on

Durban: Mike Ford / Carlton Leonard. Worst ever years of supporting the city were under Durban.
    Spedger