+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Positivity

Positivity

So to move away from the general feeling here.

I think everyone has forgotten we were massive underdogs to stay up.

Bit annoyed at the last two home games as I felt the crowd were subdued. Appreciate the games were shit but up til then we’d stayed behind the team whatever happened.

Have people forgotten what warnock did last season? And he’s performed a miracle so far this season keeping us outside the bottom three (apart from today ) people calling for his head?

Everyone seems to think Murphy was a waste of money all of a sudden. Had a great start to the season and just needs to learn to track back better. I think he should still be starting.

Reid on the other hand needs to train on his physique good technique but nothing to him.

At the start of the season and especially after the first few games we’d have loved to have been in this position even JUST inside the bottom three but with two new strikers coming in.

Have a reality check and get behind the players and manager

Re: Positivity

Positivity alert.
    2 new strikers. Ken on his way back.
    More signings to follow.
    It's to much for some to take on this board

It’s nothing to do with having a reality check!
    I think most on this message board recognise and appreciate what a great job Warnock has done in his time at the club !
    What is depressing and confusing everyone is the tactics and performances since the Leicester win !

Can you honestly say that the 4 games we have played in 2019 , we have “had a go” ? We have failed to score against a team 2 divisions below us who are 18th in their division. We have hardly registered a shot on target in all 4 games and played 2 teams below us in the table , games you would think we would be trying our best to win !
    By the way , Huddersfield had 8 successive losses before our game and Newcastle ..no wins in 5 and a poor home record !

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    So to move away from the general feeling here.

I think everyone has forgotten we were massive underdogs to stay up.

Bit annoyed at the last two home games as I felt the crowd were subdued. Appreciate the games were shit but up til then we’d stayed behind the team whatever happened.

Have people forgotten what warnock did last season? And he’s performed a miracle so far this season keeping us outside the bottom three (apart from today ) people calling for his head?

Everyone seems to think Murphy was a waste of money all of a sudden. Had a great start to the season and just needs to learn to track back better. I think he should still be starting.

Reid on the other hand needs to train on his physique good technique but nothing to him.

At the start of the season and especially after the first few games we’d have loved to have been in this position even JUST inside the bottom three but with two new strikers coming in.

Have a reality check and get behind the players and manager
    I feel Murphy is a waste of money because we do not play him. I would feel this whoever the player was if he spent most of his time on the bench having made a record transfer.

We paid a record fee for a player who we now do not play because he does not track back that well.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I feel Murphy is a waste of money because we do not play him. I would feel this whoever the player was if he spent most of his time on the bench having made a record transfer.

We paid a record fee for a player who we now do not play because he does not track back that well.
    Exactly. It appears Warnock is the one who thinks he’s a waste of money seeing as he won’t play him.

I understand playing a winger better than him defensively against the big boys but can’t accept it at home to Huddersfield. That’s just utter negative bollox.

The crowd need to have something to feed off and 1 shot on target against 2 relegation rivals is not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Exactly. It appears Warnock is the one who thinks he’s a waste of money seeing as he won’t play him.

I understand playing a winger better than him defensively against the big boys but can’t accept it at home to Huddersfield. That’s just utter negative bollox.

The crowd need to have something to feed off and 1 shot on target against 2 relegation rivals is not good enough.
    It winds me up that, how many of the best wingers in the world track back really? You want him doing damage the other end and have your defensive midfielder filling in that gap there are other ways of playing football and we're not exactly asking us to play like Barcelona ffs

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

The most laughable part of this is they talk as if it is something he has started doing since he has been here.
    If you want a winger that tracks back then why shell out £11 million or whatever it was to Norwich for a winger that does not track back?
    That is ludicrous.

We also signed Paterson and then Warnock made it public that they couldn't play him right back as he couldn't defend.

What are our scouts doing? What is the manager doing when he is going to watch these potential signings?

Add to this the fact we shelled out £4 million for a back up keeper and £4 million more for another left back who hardly features while we have a gaping hole at right back and it all doesn't bode well.

We can play the hard luck card all we like, and usually do when transfer windows open, but all that money spent and not improving the side is purely down to bad decision making from the management.

Add to this the fact we shelled out £4 million for a back up keeper and £4 million more for another left back who hardly features while we have a gaping hole at right back and it all doesn't bode well.

We can play the hard luck card all we like, and usually do when transfer windows open, but all that money spent and not improving the side is purely down to bad decision making from the management.
    Not improved our squad? Last year our second-choice LB was Armand Traore but now we have proper LB competition and cover if there was an injury. Likewise, our back-up GK was Lee Camp or Brian Murphy when we expected Etheridge would be in Asia for up to a month. Not sure we can complain about a lack of depth in our squad and also moan when relatively small fees are spent strengthening it.

Could we have made more of the Tomlin, Madine money? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Not improved our squad? Last year our second-choice LB was Armand Traore but now we have proper LB competition and cover if there was an injury. Likewise, our back-up GK was Lee Camp or Brian Murphy when we expected Etheridge would be in Asia for up to a month. Not sure we can complain about a lack of depth in our squad and also moan when relatively small fees are spent strengthening it.

Yes cunnigham and smithies have pretty much done what they were bought for. We had to strengthen those 2 positions so no fault there.

However yes tomlin and madine were ridiculous signings, and the Murphy and reid signings are looking more and more pointless every week (as they never play)

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I'm thinking more the first team rather than the squad.

Warnock has gone on record numerous times saying how scarce money is.

When there is finally some available I expect it to improve the starting 11 at least slightly.
    Keeping his signings on the bench is not doing that.

Hopefully, even as I type this the players are training and being encouraged to attack from the off, get the ball down the wings and into our two new strikers. We have got to start games on the front foot. What has been apparent since the Man Utd game, at least, is that teams have sussed us out

The most laughable part of this is they talk as if it is something he has started doing since he has been here.
    If you want a winger that tracks back then why shell out £11 million or whatever it was to Norwich for a winger that does not track back?
    That is ludicrous.

We also signed Paterson and then Warnock made it public that they couldn't play him right back as he couldn't defend.

What are our scouts doing? What is the manager doing when he is going to watch these potential signings?
    Because he clearly saw Paterson's talents could be utilised elsewhere

There are legitimate criticisms to be made regarding Warnock in the transfer market, but complaining about the signing of Paterson is just ridiculous