+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kick abouts in lockdown?

Kick abouts in lockdown?

So not sure what the rules are about this? Ponty park is nearby and back open, and fancy taking my boy down.
    But there are people patrolling.. know its allowed in England is it ok here?
    Should mention i'm not affiliated with anyone in government so it would need to be the normal rules

Heisenberg

Re: Kick abouts in lockdown?

Just say that your back has been playing up and you're not sure if you can exercise safely - so you're practicing exercise to make sure that it's ok to exercise.

Job done.

I don't see a problem with this.
    Exercising with a member from your own household.

Great will get the ball pumped up for later, will drive down to barry island first to check my eyesight will be ok to play

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Great will get the ball pumped up for later, will drive down to barry island first to check my eyesight will be ok to play
    I just want to say I think you are acting with great integrity by doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I just want to say I think you are acting with great integrity by doing that.
    im just like any other loving father.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    So not sure what the rules are about this? Ponty park is nearby and back open, and fancy taking my boy down.
    But there are people patrolling.. know its allowed in England is it ok here?
    Should mention i'm not affiliated with anyone in government so it would need to be the normal rules
    There's a football field near where I live. I've been there with my 7 year old almost once a week since lockdown. Only once have we seen anyone else down there. It's been the only chance he's had to have a really good run around and burn off some energy. Had anyone been using it, we wouldn't have bothered. It's 5 minutes walk away.

You're allowed to exercise with someone from your own house in Wales aren't you? Seems fine to me.

are things that strict in Wales then ? ?

I took my daughter up our football field for a kickabout and throw around the Frisbee ( i am still waiting for it come back in fashion since the 80's ) and we arrived to see a full on game on the go, late teens / early 20's, with bibs on, nets up, the works, i guess it was 2 football teams had decided on having a game

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I took my daughter up our football field for a kickabout and throw around the Frisbee ( i am still waiting for it come back in fashion since the 80's ) and we arrived to see a full on game on the go, late teens / early 20's, with bibs on, nets up, the works, i guess it was 2 football teams had decided on having a game
    Well it does generally help if there are 2 teams involved in a football match. (I do know what you meant )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Yes that does seem to be the most likely explanation.

Drove past Roath Park rec about an hour ago and it was full of people playing football together and families sat down having picnics

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Drove past Roath Park rec about an hour ago and it was full of people playing football together and families sat down having picnics
    Well we haven’t had gone that far but after success of a policeman walking past saying nothing we’ve now been down for four kickabouts with my youngest getting stuck in too. Quiet down there mind but nice to see the kids play rather than just walk
    The advice I think has been to exercise which should “usually” be to walk, jog or cycle
    A bit like where your insurance company asks where your car is “usually” parked. I guess all the rules will become open to interpretation and subject to people using sense.
    Reckon I’ll be off to fill my boot at the butchers in Durham on the weekend