+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bellamy on Injuries And Depression.

Bellamy on Injuries And Depression.

Might be of interest to a few on here seeing as what happened with him at the club and the discussions we've had.

Re: Bellamy on Injuries And Depression.

Just seen this. Very interesting and telling in regards to Bellamy. In some aspects confirms what I’ve always thought and highlights what the games culture was and entailed.

Cheers butt.

Very interesting, informative and enjoyable. Thanks for posting it.

looks fit , get him back

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Very interesting, informative and enjoyable. Thanks for posting it.
    It was. It was quite saddening to hear that he seemed to resent his father for sending him back to Norwich after weekends home. From what i could gather there still seems to be an element of resentment. It makes you wonder how it was handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It was. It was quite saddening to hear that he seemed to resent his father for sending him back to Norwich after weekends home. From what i could gather there still seems to be an element of resentment. It makes you wonder how it was handled.
    He said he'd always been very close to his dad until then and the relationship between them has never been the same since. Yet he says his dad was right. That must be quite an internal conflict to be taking into a role coaching under-18s and, from what I can make out, seemed to be the root of the problems he had here. We've never really got to the bottom of that though so there's no point in speculating any more about it. Considering how open and honest he was in that interview, self-deprecating too, it was interesting that he didn't bring up his coaching experiences here once. Every example came from Anderlecht.

It was a terrific programme though, so much interesting stuff in there put across with insight and humour. Having squirmed through 4 hours of Lance Armstrong earlier in the week I'd probably have been impressed and entertained by an interview with Dave Jones but I find Bellamy very watchable. Thanks again for putting the interview up.

Good watch that and one of the very few lockdown interviews without a bookcase (Letting everyone know “I’m a massive bookworm intellectual”) on view in the background.