+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin.....where us he?

Tomlin.....where us he?

Not one for starting conspiracy theories 😀 but it does seen strange that Tomlin has disappeared without trace since his suspension.
    Anyone had a sighting of him recently?

Re: Tomlin.....where us he?

Pretty sure that I saw him sat in the stands when we played Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Not one for starting conspiracy theories �� but it does seen strange that Tomlin has disappeared without trace since his suspension.
    Thought it was, "he's put on a few pounds/kilos, since signing a new contract ??

Thought he might be sulking after Wilson replaced him as the main man.

Not one for starting conspiracy theories 😀 but it does seen strange that Tomlin has disappeared without trace since his suspension.
    Harris has said he's injured

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What's Harris's injury ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Funny that he got injured when he was suspended.
    We need him urgently as Wilson needs a break.

International

He's played what, 2 1/2 games? He's a professional athlete, why does he 'need' a break?

This is what Harris said about him last week.......’ Tommo, the ongoing battle, which it will be for the rest of his career, is getting him fit as often as possible to get him on the pitch.’

That being the case, why did Harris give him a new contract this year?

Unless it was on the basis of pay as you play, it’s a waste of probably a very decent salary.

Tomlin’s been here three years and all the talk each week, is whether he’s going to be fit to play.

He’s looked tubby and overweight when he’s played this season, but when I saw him on Queen Street with his family last week, he looked surprisingly slim.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He's played what, 2 1/2 games? He's a professional athlete, why does he 'need' a break?
    that's what I thought

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    that's what I thought
    You cannot play 3 games a week for a month at the level pro footballers play without risking serious injury. That's why Harris has been rotating his squad. Wilson will need to he rested, if not this Weds, certainly Saurday. Hopefully Tomlin will have got over his latest injury by then.

Why would a 23 year-old who's played about half a dozen games since July need a break?

International

You cannot play 3 games a week for a month at the level pro footballers play without risking serious injury. That's why Harris has been rotating his squad. Wilson will need to he rested, if not this Weds, certainly Saurday. Hopefully Tomlin will have got over his latest injury by then.
    3 games a week? For a month? I must have missed some. how many did he play before he joined us ffs?

3 games a week? For a month? I must have missed some. how many did he play before he joined us ffs?
    When he's crocked you'll be the first to say we miss him.

International

When he's crocked you'll be the first to say we miss him.
    I doubt it. you'll be saying "I told you so!"

Tomlin will be in the squad on Wednesday.. everyone calm down

Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    Tomlin will be in the squad on Wednesday.. everyone calm down
    Hope you're right.

Hope you're right.
    Me too, for Harry's sake

#prayforharry #weareharry

With Tomlin maybe it's attitude and injury

International

I recall last season when I questioned his motivation and his worth I was castigated for it. Everyone leaping to his defence saying he'd been in 'a bad place' and his attitude was good now and he was well and fir and eager.
    Well if this is him being well and fit and eager I don't want him here when he is not. If he wasn't here the team wouldn't rely on him and the club may have made a serious effort to replace him with a play maker. So long as he keeps promising and then not delivering he is more liability than asset.

I recall last season when I questioned his motivation and his worth I was castigated for it. Everyone leaping to his defence saying he'd been in 'a bad place' and his attitude was good now and he was well and fir and eager.
    Well if this is him being well and fit and eager I don't want him here when he is not. If he wasn't here the team wouldn't rely on him and the club may have made a serious effort to replace him with a play maker. So long as he keeps promising and then not delivering he is more liability than asset.
    There is something true in what you say. I think Tomlin likes to be the centre of attention and if he becomes sidelined he gets into a bit of a sulk.
    I hope I'm wrong, hope you're wrong, and that this injury of his(which I don't doubt) is not an excuse to largely sit the rest of his contract out.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Me too, for Harry's sake

#prayforharry #weareharry

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    This is what Harris said about him last week.......’ Tommo, the ongoing battle, which it will be for the rest of his career, is getting him fit as often as possible to get him on the pitch.’

That being the case, why did Harris give him a new contract this year?

Unless it was on the basis of pay as you play, it’s a waste of probably a very decent salary.

Tomlin’s been here three years and all the talk each week, is whether he’s going to be fit to play.

He’s looked tubby and overweight when he’s played this season, but when I saw him on Queen Street with his family last week, he looked surprisingly slim.
    Because he was fit, playing well, and the difference between us and mid-table mediocrity.