+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One for the cricket enthusiasts

First Team

One for the cricket enthusiasts

What on earth do you make of this innings by Sri Lanka?

It is one bad shot selection after another against a pair of spinners whom they ripped apart the other day.

Re: One for the cricket enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    What on earth do you make of this innings by Sri Lanka?

It is one bad shot selection after another against a pair of spinners whom they ripped apart the other day.
    The pitch is a lot more difficult to bat on than it was in their first innings and I would say that 150 will take some getting in the fourth innings (especially if Root is out quickly), so I could understand an aggressive approach to start with, but you would have thought they would have reined it in a bit once they lost, say, four wickets. I reckon if Sri Lanka can get to 100, it's a fifty/fifty game.

First Team

You called it Bob.

The hope is that that the SL tail showed that any demons in that pitch are manageable but England look so poor, especially the two openers, against spin that the traditional middle order collapse may shuffle up the order.

Once again it may all hinge on Root.

Sri Lanka’s innings have apparently been the only instance in test history where the seamers took all the wickets in the first innings and spinners in the second.

Interesting chase on now.

They had to go for it.

But its a weak Sri Lanka side.

A much tougher test in India and i struggle to see England getting 20 wickets.

England made what I thought was a testing ticket look easy in the end, but I thought they were helped on their way by some poor Sri Lankan captaincy.