Ralls - 5
    Bacuna - 4
    Vaulks - 5
    Ojo - 6
    Moore - 6

Morrison - 6
    Murphy - 6

Re: Player Ratings

I think you’re being a bit generous to Bacuna ( it took me 30 minutes before I realised he was actually playing!) , I’d give him and Flint 2 each, the rest I more or less agree with - though it was such a poor quality game you could probably justify marking everyone down a further mark on the above and therefore Bacuna and Flint would be a one

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I think you’re being a bit generous to Bacuna ( it took me 30 minutes before I realised he was actually playing!) , I’d give him and Flint 2 each, the rest I more or less agree with - though it was such a poor quality game you could probably justify marking everyone down a further mark on the above and therefore Bacuna and Flint would be a one
    Totally agree actually and maybe should have marked down Bagan for losing Woodrow for the second

Moore deserves... more. He worked his socks off. Ralls was OK, I don't even remember Bacuna touching the ball and Ng was better than a 5. I like him, he doesn't look out of place at this level at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Moore deserves... more. He worked his socks off. Ralls was OK, I don't even remember Bacuna touching the ball and Ng was better than a 5. I like him, he doesn't look out of place at this level at all.
    Some of his play is just silly. Keeps running rtowards the channels and corner flag rather than staying centrally

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Some of his play is just silly. Keeps running rtowards the channels and corner flag rather than staying centrally
    He's a lone striker in a team that hits it down the channels. If he doesn't run the channel, he'll never get the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Thats because the only ball Ralls can play is the percentage ball into the corners so Moore knows thats his best chance of actually getting anywhere near it - not having a go at Ralls here as even though he's having a poor season he is still by far our best midfielder.
    Bacuna tonight was shocking as was Hoilett and Flint
    What on earth has happened to Nelson?
    Pack can pass the ball but he is too slow and needs to go to league 1 ASAP (along with Flint)
    Vaulks is like Charlie Oatway or Paul Wimbleton - all hustle and bustle but no finesse

Our midfield is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Thats because the only ball Ralls can play is the percentage ball into the corners so Moore knows thats his best chance of actually getting anywhere near it - not having a go at Ralls here as even though he's having a poor season he is still by far our best midfielder.
    Bacuna tonight was shocking as was Hoilett and Flint
    What on earth has happened to Nelson?
    Pack can pass the ball but he is too slow and needs to go to league 1 ASAP (along with Flint)
    Vaulks is like Charlie Oatway or Paul Wimbleton - all hustle and bustle but no finesse

Our midfield is a mess
    Agreed.

Ojo, Murphy, Ng, Baglan and Moore all did ok.

The rest were poor. Flint & Pack needs to go asap.

MM is shrewd enough to have noticed that even though we had an extra midfielder we still looked overrun. It needs addressing in this transfer window

Bacuna was appalling. 1.5 at best. £3m transfer 4 and a half year contract and supposedly one of the highest paid players at the club. He must have a good agent - anyone know ?

So the idea that Bacuna was going to transform our midfield hasn't quite worked? Well, bugger me with a fish fork. What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Agreed.

Ojo, Murphy, Ng, Baglan and Moore all did ok.

The rest were poor. Flint & Pack needs to go asap.

MM is shrewd enough to have noticed that even though we had an extra midfielder we still looked overrun. It needs addressing in this transfer window
    I take it your opinion of Pack was formed over longer than the fifteen seconds or so he was on the pitch last night

As for Bacuna, I was listening to Radio Wales and they only mentioned his name once before he was taken off.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I take it your opinion of Pack was formed over longer than the fifteen seconds or so he was on the pitch last night

As for Bacuna, I was listening to Radio Wales and they only mentioned his name once before he was taken off.
    I didnt watch last night but Bacuna was almost completely anonymous last home again apart from the last 10 minutes.

Barnsley have played nice football this season but joined us in the sky-tennis. On that pitch, I don't think yesterday was enough to comment on whether those three deserve another go in midfield or not, especially when they did so well together last season.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Barnsley have played nice football this season but joined us in the sky-tennis. On that pitch, I don't think yesterday was enough to comment on whether those three deserve another go in midfield or not, especially when they did so well together last season.
    They didnt do well together.

The partnership that was ok was Bacuna/Ralls with Tomlin at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    They didnt do well together.

The partnership that was ok was Bacuna/Ralls with Tomlin at 10.
    Something tells me Tomlin isnt going to get a sniff under Mick

The first half was the worst half of ‘professional’ football I have ever seen.

Junior, Flint and Bacuna were terrible.

Flint could get a call up for the 6 nations on that performance, shocking, absolutely shocking

As far as I'm concerned, in the two games he's played for us, Perry Ng has been the best man on the pitch - by a long way. The only one doing his job properly.

Bacuna was anonymous. As some have already said I didn't even notice him on the pitch and he wasn't on or anywhere near the ball then.

Flint goes for the same ball as another defender on the first and is beaten to a ball by Bagan who has to come from the left back position and manages to get in front of Flint for the second goal. Bagan was bullied and came off a very distant second best but for a centre half the size of Flint it should be meat and drink. It happens time and again. I won't even start on him letting a high ball bounce.
    I'm hoping Mick sees his limitations sooner rather than later.

In short I hope they can see the flaws and make additions before the end of January. Centre midfield was a problem when Harris arrived and is still an issue now he has departed.

If you watch the first goal again, Andersen actually comes off the front post and Moore is still trying to do his zonal job. Flint is the spare man, and then Andersen comes from way in front of the front stick round the back and ghosts in completely unmarked. Flint has completely misread the flight of the ball, if he is in the right position he has an easy header. Doesn't help that Andersen is completely unmarked and untouched!

For the second goal, Flint is miles away from Bagan, he's picking up Helik. Our issue last night was Barnsley had 4 or 5 players who are very good in the air, and we have 3 so there's going to be a mismatch. It had absolutely bugger all to do with Flint.