+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Salah does it again.

Salah does it again.

He’s just scored a goal which could rival the one he scored against Man City. BT Sport are saying it’s better, but I think you need to take into account the opposition - Watford are pretty hopeless and I hope they go down.

4-0 to Liverpool.

Re: Salah does it again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s just scored a goal which could rival the one he scored against Man City. BT Sport are saying it’s better, but I think you need to take into account the opposition - Watford are pretty hopeless and I hope they go down.

4-0 to Liverpool.
    It was a lovely goal.
    That roll of the ball with his studs was fantastic.

An excellent goal. Not quite as good as the one against Man City in my opinion. I can't see Ranieri saving Watford. Who are they going to finish above?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    An excellent goal. Not quite as good as the one against Man City in my opinion. I can't see Ranieri saving Watford. Who are they going to finish above?
    They’ll finish above Norwich, but find two more teams will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s just scored a goal which could rival the one he scored against Man City.
    Surely you weren’t watching Premier League football, Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Surely you weren’t watching Premier League football, Paul?
    Didn’t see any of the first half and was switching between the two games in the second half, saw one Fulham goal and all three by Liverpool - I’m still not really into this season’s Premier League, but Salah’s goal was something special.

The close control was superb, I shudder to think of Flint & Morrison facing that. They’d both be in intensive care this afternoon having their legs untangled.

Overrated player. He’s having a half decent season and all the experts think he is the best in the world. Where was he last season when Liverpool were average ? I could probably score some of the goals he’s put away. I can kick a ball equally as good with both feet., unlike Salah .

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Overrated player. He’s having a half decent season and all the experts think he is the best in the world. Where was he last season when Liverpool were average ? I could probably score some of the goals he’s put away. I can kick a ball equally as good with both feet., unlike Salah .
    You’re up front with Keiffer tomorrow Ivor.

Overrated player. He’s having a half decent season and all the experts think he is the best in the world.
    Who do you think is better on current form?

Thinly veiled "Man Utd are my second team".

I didn't watch any of the 3pm kick-offs. I wish I'd watched Villa/Wolves now.

All the talk of Salah had my mind wandering, wondering what would have become of our Sala..........A huge success, his goals keeping us up? ............A Madine like flop & back in France or wherever with a large pay off? .............Still with us, him keeping us up leading to us attracting better players and establishing ourselves in the top flight? ..........A success leading to him leaving for massive fee?......... Still with us, scoring a few here and there and becoming part of the furniture with no great shakes? ..........if only eh.

Just seen his goal and fair play, he's got lightening quick feet.

Defenders are shit scared to touch him when he's in the box though as he is rather prone to throwing himself to the floor roughly

Slightly OT but not worth a thread of its own, looks like becoming a 3-horse race in the EPL after MU's second defeat against "lesser" opposition.
    Could well see OGS beat Steve Bruce to the chop. He's got two great striking teams but a very average defence.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I didn't watch any of the 3pm kick-offs. I wish I'd watched Villa/Wolves now.

I watched Man City, loads of possession but could have been caught napping once or twice at 1-0. They do need an out and out goalscorer in my opinion. Aguero in his prime was a vital cog. Haaland maybe??

Brentford gonna be very unlucky to lose against Chelsea.

Mendy MOTM says it all.

Oh come on, he’s easily one of the best players around at the moment.

I preferred the goal against Man City, but they’re very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    All the talk of Salah had my mind wandering, wondering what would have become of our Sala..........A huge success, his goals keeping us up? ............A Madine like flop & back in France or wherever with a large pay off? .............Still with us, him keeping us up leading to us attracting better players and establishing ourselves in the top flight? ..........A success leading to him leaving for massive fee?......... Still with us, scoring a few here and there and becoming part of the furniture with no great shakes? ..........if only eh.
    I really feel like he would have kept us up, we will never know but we were a decent striker short and into that far off in the end.

Not having a striker cost us both seasons in the Prem

Jamie Vardy, without a doubt. Better player, been doing it for longer.

He was second top goal scorer last season with 22 goals.

And yes, I'm sure you can kick a ball equally "well" with both feet

Your argument had some semblance of credibility... until this

Salah 102 Liverpool PL goals in four full seasons plus eight games

Vardy 125 Leicester PL goals in seven full seasons plus eight games

Assists:
    Salah 45
    Vardy 57

Vardy doesn't have much to show for those three extra seasons.