+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT - Crisps

Re: OT - Crisps

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Kettle crisps for me

I first had a bag of kettle crisps in Sydney in 93, long before i had seen them in the UK, a guy i shared a house with worked for a small independent kettle crisp maker in Sydney, a perk appeared to be his could smuggle a few bags out every day, they soon became me choice of midday snack in work

I was back home for a few years till they appeared here in the UK, that extra crunch just makes them
    They were on offer in Tesco last week 5 or 6 bags for quid small 30g bags .

Golden Wonder cheese & onion. Look no further.

Real Crisps - Roast Ox.

Roysters T-bone steak....perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Rib N Saucy are much nicer
    I do like the scampi version as well

Rib N Saucy are much nicer
    Neither are crisps.
    They are corn based snacks.

Walkers Deli Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar are like a drug for me. I cannot be trusted to be left alone with money in any shop that sells them...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They were on offer in Tesco last week 5 or 6 bags for quid small 30g bags .
    I wonder if thats why we have some in the cupboard, i thought it was a little strange the mrs had got me them, they dont normally last long in this house, so the mrs rarely get them in the shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Neither are crisps.
    They are corn based snacks.
    Crisps made from potatoes are potato crisps.
    Various corn based crispy snacks can usually be found in the crisps aisle in supermarkets. There isn't a separate aisle for corn based snacks (or crispy rice based snacks either for that matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Riley View Post
    Have to be hand cooked
    Cheers
    Hand cooked FFS - what a joke that claim is by all crisp manufacturers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Sorry but its real.

Crisps made from potatoes are potato crisps.
    Various corn based crispy snacks can usually be found in the crisps aisle in supermarkets. There isn't a separate aisle for corn based snacks (or crispy rice based snacks either for that matter)
    My supermarket has egg noodles in the salad isle. It doesn't make them a vegetable.

I'm sorry, but this is a thread about crisps. I have nothing against corn based snacks (or rice based snacks, for that matter). In fact I'd go for a pack of monster munch in preference to almost any actual crisp. But they play no part in a valid debate about the best crisps on the market today. I am on the fence about quavers because they are potato based, albeit extruded rather than chipped. And Chipsticks are a bizarre hybrid affair of potato and maize so might be included, but of course it is highly unlikely that anybody would consider a chipstick to be a first rate "crisp". (Although I agree with your choice of nik nak. Easily the best one).

I never eat them, but I used to like salt and vinegar. And plain salted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    This is turning into a Crispexit rant , and should be on the talking bollocks board.

My supermarket has egg noodles in the salad isle. It doesn't make them a vegetable.

I'm sorry, but this is a thread about crisps. I have nothing against corn based snacks (or rice based snacks, for that matter). In fact I'd go for a pack of monster munch in preference to almost any actual crisp. But they play no part in a valid debate about the best crisps on the market today. I am on the fence about quavers because they are potato based, albeit extruded rather than chipped. And Chipsticks are a bizarre hybrid affair of potato and maize so might be included, but of course it is highly unlikely that anybody would consider a chipstick to be a first rate "crisp". (Although I agree with your choice of nik nak. Easily the best one).
    If I can send off my empty Rib n Saucy packets to the Walkers crisp packet recycling scheme, then I'll consider them crisps and valid for debate here.

If I can send off my empty Rib n Saucy packets to the Walkers crisp packet recycling scheme, then I'll consider them crisps and valid for debate here.
    The fact that grown men can feel that this topic is important enough to spend time composing arguments about trivia is strangely reassuring...

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I wonder if thats why we have some in the cupboard, i thought it was a little strange the mrs had got me them, they dont normally last long in this house, so the mrs rarely get them in the shopping
    Still on offer , just bought another pack ,lovely crisp ,gluten free as well, I almost feel healthy reading the marketing on the pack, their hand sewn , not hand cooked ,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    The fact that grown men can feel that this topic is important enough to spend time composing arguments about trivia is strangely reassuring...
    I wonder if, Warnock was to contribute to this thread, then the club would distance themselves from his comments and highlight that comments are his own personal thoughts and not those of the club.

I wonder if, Warnock was to contribute to this thread, then the club would distance themselves from his comments and highlight that comments are his own personal thoughts and not those of the club.
    I reckon he's a ready salted man. Maybe salt and vinegar if he's feeling a bit adventurous.

I reckon he's a ready salted man. Maybe salt and vinegar if he's feeling a bit adventurous.
    No chance - i saw him once open a packet of salt'n'shake but he just threw the salt over his shoulder for luck. Far too spicy for him.

No chance - i saw him once open a packet of salt'n'shake but he just threw the salt over his shoulder for luck. Far too spicy for him.
    Salt n shake forgot about them, the oxo crisps are banging as well

Went for a couple pints and return to see CCMB is arguing about what constitutes a crisp. **** me. Mike you need to restart the board pal.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Seeing this thread re-surface reminded me that I had meant to post a recent revelation .

Burts Guinness Crisps .

http://www.burtschips.com/guinness/

Delicious, vaguely Bovril'y but unmistakably Guinness.

Yum
    It's the yeast does that.

Problem is, people are crisp snobs and they don't even know it....

If you say your favourite crisps are Quavers, Wotsits or Dorito's people will accept it.

As soon as you start talking about the cheap crisps - Space Raiders, Transform-a-Snacks or Tangy Toms etc people get all upset about the situation...

And thats when snack based arguments start to happen...

Brannigans beef and mustard and Roysters T-bone steak are my favourites.
    Partial to a bag of Worcester sauce Walkers mind.