+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Velikonja

Re: Velikonja

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Sun, 10 May 2015 17:39
    Scored today in a 4-2 win which puts Lierse two points clear in the 4 team play-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 10 May 2015 17:32
    How are we expected to believe that?
    I've dusted myself down and gone again, I should be respected for that even if it turns out Lierse lost 5-0.

Football post?

What kind of board do you think this is ?

How did Velikonja vote in the election?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Wed, 29 April 2015 22:39
    And again. A penalty to make it 1-1 tonight, now 2-1 up. Faris Haroun, the former Boro player, got the Cercle Brugge goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 29 April 2015 13:44
    I got slightly misled by livescore here. Velikonja didn't take the penalty, it was saved anyway. The rebound didn't fall to him either, that was deflected in for an own goal anyway. Faris Haroun didn't score, he was booked. Everything else was 100% correct though.
    Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Tue, 28 April 2015 10:39
    I.e. there was a football match?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Tue, 28 April 2015 10:16
    Well yes, that's the crux of the matter surely? Livescore were informing people that a game was taking place in Belgium and I passed that information on to this board. The rest was just detail and of little consequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Tue, 28 April 2015 09:02
    You're right, i realise now I was getting so bogged down in the detail I was missing the bigger picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 27 April 2015 23:14
    TUT TUT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 26 April 2015 20:43
    The fact Velikonja didnt play is also a mere detail.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 11 May 2015 09:58
    And again. A penalty to make it 1-1 tonight, now 2-1 up. Faris Haroun, the former Boro player, got the Cercle Brugge goal.
    I got slightly misled by livescore here. Velikonja didn't take the penalty, it was saved anyway. The rebound didn't fall to him either, that was deflected in for an own goal anyway. Faris Haroun didn't score, he was booked. Everything else was 100% correct though.
    Well yes, that's the crux of the matter surely? Livescore were informing people that a game was taking place in Belgium and I passed that information on to this board. The rest was just detail and of little consequence.
    You're right, i realise now I was getting so bogged down in the detail I was missing the bigger picture.
    TUT TUT.
    Livescore have already ruined my reputation as one of the world's leading authorities on the Belgian relegation play-offs, you're not helping either. He definitely played, came off after 85 minutes. I think the confusion with the first goal came partly from the fact that Velikonja was running in just behind the guy who scores the own goal so Mr Livescore may have thought he scored it.
    At what point do a team of boffins from CERN get involved to work out who is relegated?

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Mon, 11 May 2015 10:10
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 11 May 2015 09:58
    TUT TUT.
    Livescore have already ruined my reputation as one of the world's leading authorities on the Belgian relegation play-offs, you're not helping either. He definitely played, came off after 85 minutes. I think the confusion with the first goal came partly from the fact that Velikonja was running in just behind the guy who scores the own goal so Mr Livescore may have thought he scored it.
    Yeah I know, the explanation Loramski gave of it was like reading War and Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Sun, 10 May 2015 17:39
    Scored today in a 4-2 win which puts Lierse two points clear in the 4 team play-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 10 May 2015 17:32
    How are we expected to believe that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVVF4dbCsw

A 2-1 defeat for Lierse today which drops them to second in their play off group. An interesting scorer of Oud-Heverlee's first goal, John Bostock. A 23 year old with a great future behind him, Bostock is the youngest player to appear for Crystal Palace (he made his full debut for them at Ninian Park as a 15 year old in 2007) and Spurs (one year later).

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Thu, 14 May 2015 19:05
    A 2-1 defeat for Lierse today which drops them to second in their play off group. An interesting scorer of Oud-Heverlee's first goal, John Bostock. A 23 year old with a great future behind him, Bostock is the youngest player to appear for Crystal Palace (he made his full debut for them at Ninian Park as a 15 year old in 2007) and Spurs (one year later).
    Mind you I think spurs had about 20 midfielders around the club at that time so it will have been easy to have been "lost in the mix"

When does this play off saga end in Belgium?

When they all die?

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Fri, 15 May 2015 10:21
    I never saw the fuss about bostock, was he one of these kids who was basically fully grown physically at 15 so stood out for youth teams, but got found out when he isn't amongst the strongest on the pitch?
    But the ball really sticks to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 15 May 2015 11:36
    When does this play off saga end in Belgium?
    The next stage is the thunderdome - 2 teams enter, 1 team leaves

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Fri, 15 May 2015 10:21
    I never saw the fuss about bostock, was he one of these kids who was basically fully grown physically at 15 so stood out for youth teams, but got found out when he isn't amongst the strongest on the pitch?
    Chelsea's Academy and DVP team both played down here a while back, they were huge and thrashed us in both games. Don't get me wrong, they played some great football too but I wouldn't have fancied distinguishing between who was impressing because of their relative physical strength in that age group and who was impressing because they had the talent to go all the way in the game.

Who put the ball in the Eupen net?
    Etien, Etien,
    Etien Velikonja,
    Etien Velikonja, Etien Velikonja,
    Etien Velikonja.

It may turn out to be an own goal though so don't quote me on that. An equaliser last night that turned out to be in vain as Eupen scored two late goals to win 3-1 and relegate Lierse.

Is etien the leading scorer at the club by now?

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Thu, 21 May 2015 08:44
    From what I can make out he's joint top scorer with five goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Thu, 21 May 2015 08:38
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Ei-7egT8Q

A couple of rumours linking Velikonja with KV Kortrijk, Tan's new club in Belgium. Seems to be some logic in this, chances are it would be a good move for both club and player. Me too, the play-offs at the top end of the table are far simpler than the labyrinthine relegation play offs.

If a club finishes in the top 6 they enter the Championship play off (play off 1) where each team starts with half the points they gained in the regular season rounded up to the nearest number. They then play each other twice with the first placed team winning the championship of Belgium. Points gained by rounding up are deducted in the case of a tie.

If a team finishes 7th-14th they enter the Europa League play off (play off 2). Teams ranked 7th, 9th, 11th and 13th enter group A while teams ranked 8th, 10th, 12th and 14th enter group B. Each team plays the other teams in their group twice and the winner of each group plays each other over two legs to determine the winners of play off 2. This team then plays a two-legged game against either the 4th placed or 5th placed team in play off 1, depending on whether the Belgian Cup winners finished in the top four of play off 1 or not.

The most recent European qualification rules that Wiki have are from 2010-11 but they're so straightforward I doubt they've been changed since. The Belgian champions and runners-up enter the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League. The Belgian cup winners (or the cup finalists if the Cup winners finished first or second in the league) qualify for the Europa League play off. The third placed team (or the fourth placed team if the Cup winners finished third in the league) qualify for the 3rd and last qualifying round while the winner of the game between the winner of play off 2 and the fourth placed team of play off 1 (or the fifth placed team if the Cup winners finished fourth) qualify for the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League.

Piece of piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 22 June 2015 22:26
    A couple of rumours linking Velikonja with KV Kortrijk, Tan's new club in Belgium. Seems to be some logic in this, chances are it would be a good move for both club and player. Me too, the play-offs at the top end of the table are far simpler than the labyrinthine relegation play offs.
    It doesnt matter if you get the scores wrong as it is only you and I who read this and I never check any more...I just assume they are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Thu, 21 May 2015 08:53
    Another one slipped through the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 23 June 2015 10:31
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Thu, 21 May 2015 08:53
    wow . 5
    By the way, the Belgian FA have asked me to set up a helpline next March as no one in Belgium understands their play off system either. Apparently, the only two people who do are me and Stephen Hawking.

A heart attack of a headline but don't worry too much yet, it looks like another loan deal.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ca rdiff-city-transfer-news-russell-9861829?

It's probably not important but can a window actually slam shut as Wales Online seem to be claiming? Surely once it's slammed you'd still need to do some manual work to actually shut it or have window designs changed recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sat, 15 August 2015 10:19
    A heart attack of a headline but don't worry too much yet, it looks like another loan deal.
    Velikonja keeps coming back via the cat flap.

Just scored for Lierse. You'll have to keep an eye out yourselves for any more updates, I won't be on here for the rest of the evening. Bunting doesn't hang itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Fri, 04 September 2015 20:36
    Just scored for Lierse. You'll have to keep an eye out yourselves for any more updates, I won't be on here for the rest of the evening. Bunting doesn't hang itself out.
    Funnt as Cardiffi with footballing knowledge.

And another last night. There's only one word to describe him - goal scoring machine.