+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Velikonja

Re: Velikonja

Two more tonight. Has anyone checked whether he's got any Welsh relatives or does he now qualify through the residency rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 04 October 2015 00:04
    Two more tonight. Has anyone checked whether he's got any Welsh relatives or does he now qualify through the residency rule?
    I hope we have tied him down with a long contract...

The word relentlessness may make its debut in Loan Watch this week.

goal machine ! (in the belgian second tier)

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Sun, 06 December 2015 18:20
    Here are the first 10 of those. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsW186TQRaw

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 06 December 2015 19:55
    http://www.soccerfame.com/l_top_scorers/belgium/second-divis ion
    Good post.
    https://youtu.be/SsW186TQRaw?t=92

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Sun, 06 December 2015 20:12
    http://www.soccerfame.com/l_top_scorers/belgium/second-divis ion
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 06 December 2015 19:55
    Good post.
    Here are the first 10 of those. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsW186TQRaw
    Especially the second.

2 more goals for the great man on Saturday, 19 in 23 this season. Here's an article on him, dealing with the almost unthinkable prospect that his epic City career could be coming to an end.

http://insidecardiffcity.co.uk/cardi...n-on-striker/?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    2 more goals for the great man on Saturday, 19 in 23 this season. Here's an article on him, dealing with the almost unthinkable prospect that his epic City career could be coming to an end.

http://insidecardiffcity.co.uk/cardi...n-on-striker/?
    Now I am about to make what some may feel is a nonsensical comment. However, bear with me, We signed Saadi from a French 2nd Division club when the jury was most definitely out on him for a number of reasons. We signed Zohore for some reason but he doesn't quite look the part. Neither has pulled up any trees yet. Now there is this striker who has scored 19 goals in 23 games albeit in an inferior league. Remind me again where Jamie Vardy was playing a few years ago. Just wondering if Etien is a late developer also. Anyone who has that strike rate at any level has to be worth a look!!

There I have said it.

PS with the number of players on loan increasing by the day, can we expect a return for LoanWatch in the not too distant future. Saw my Crewe supporting mate yesterday. Tells me that he was quite impressed with Ajayi during his loan spell there although he was prone to the odd mistake.(I think we knew that!). Also after a great start, Ben Nugent has turned into something of a liability giving away several penalties by diving in unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by bk vijolcni View Post
    Or couple of games in a row...? I've never seen anyone score while sitting on bench...
    That's Velikonja power.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Now I am about to make what some may feel is a nonsensical comment. However, bear with me, We signed Saadi from a French 2nd Division club when the jury was most definitely out on him for a number of reasons. We signed Zohore for some reason but he doesn't quite look the part. Neither has pulled up any trees yet. Now there is this striker who has scored 19 goals in 23 games albeit in an inferior league. Remind me again where Jamie Vardy was playing a few years ago. Just wondering if Etien is a late developer also. Anyone who has that strike rate at any level has to be worth a look!!

There I have said it.

PS with the number of players on loan increasing by the day, can we expect a return for LoanWatch in the not too distant future. Saw my Crewe supporting mate yesterday. Tells me that he was quite impressed with Ajayi during his loan spell there although he was prone to the odd mistake.(I think we knew that!). Also after a great start, Ben Nugent has turned into something of a liability giving away several penalties by diving in unnecessarily.
    Thanks for that. One thing I'd say about Velikonja is that we're now playing the kind of football that would suit his game. Almost certainly too late for him here but Rhys Healey could be in a position to benefit although by the time he gets himself fully fit and Slade's sent him out on six more loan spells we'll probably be back to a Jurassic 4-4-2 again.

Still a weird time for our other loan players, Tommy O'Sullivan was the only starter in the Football League in Newport's excellent 3-0 win at Portsmouth but Deji Oshilaja's move back to Gillingham today will surely see him picking up regular first team action. Semi Ajayi's partnership with Ben Nugent seemed to benefit them both, they put in a succession of good performances for Crewe before a heavy defeat in Ajayi's last game. Sad to hear that Nugent's form has dropped off since.

Two more tonight in a 4-0 win.

Thanks for that. One thing I'd say about Velikonja is that we're now playing the kind of football that would suit his game. Almost certainly too late for him here but Rhys Healey could be in a position to benefit although by the time he gets himself fully fit and Slade's sent him out on six more loan spells we'll probably be back to a Jurassic 4-4-2 again.

Still a weird time for our other loan players, Tommy O'Sullivan was the only starter in the Football League in Newport's excellent 3-0 win at Portsmouth but Deji Oshilaja's move back to Gillingham today will surely see him picking up regular first team action. Semi Ajayi's partnership with Ben Nugent seemed to benefit them both, they put in a succession of good performances for Crewe before a heavy defeat in Ajayi's last game. Sad to hear that Nugent's form has dropped off since.
    Yeah I think Van Gaals effort have affected his posting.
    Plus the Tories are in disarray at the moment.
    Ver sad.

Two more tonight as Lierse came from 1 down to beat fourth place Tubize 2-1. 23 in 26 games now for Etien. I'll put up a link to the goals if the game was televised along with a joke about telly Tubize that I haven't quite finished working on yet.

Signed for Olimpija Ljubljana today, possibly the only club in world football to have three j's in their name. They are the Slovenian title holders so it's Champions League football for Eti next season, as it should be. It raises the possibility that his first competitive game in Cardiff could be the Champions League Final, stranger things have happened (don't ask me to name one though).

I'm sure most of you have been concentrating on international football lately so may have lost track of the club scene. For anyone who's interested, here's a quick update on the big hitters' goal tallies in the Champions League so far this season; Messi 0, Neymar 0, Suarez 0, Lewandowski 0, Aguero 0, Ronaldo 0, Cornelius 1, Velikonja 1.

I'm sure most of you have been concentrating on international football lately so may have lost track of the club scene. For anyone who's interested, here's a quick update on the big hitters' goal tallies in the Champions League so far this season; Messi 0, Neymar 0, Suarez 0, Lewandowski 0, Aguero 0, Ronaldo 0, Cornelius 1, Velikonja 1.

Bit of a slow night for me so I'm doing an online Slovenian crossword to pass the time. Stuck on this one though - 'scored the winner tonight for Olimpija Ljubljana to send them four points clear at the top of the Slovenian Premier League (5,9).' I feel I should know it.

Another two goals to send Olimpija Ljubljana into the semi-finals of the Slovenian Cup. With Man United being prepared to eat humble pie buying back Paul Pogba and Chelsea doing the same with David Luiz, maybe it's time we started making plans to bring the great man back home in the January transfer window?

Another two goals to send Olimpija Ljubljana into the semi-finals of the Slovenian Cup. With Man United being prepared to eat humble pie buying back Paul Pogba and Chelsea doing the same with David Luiz, maybe it's time we started making plans to bring the great man back home in the January transfer window?
    Bring Etien home.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Bring Etien home.
    An admirable sentiment but another goal today has probably taken him out of our price range for now. We may have to wait until his career starts to tail off a bit before we can afford him.

An admirable sentiment but another goal today has probably taken him out of our price range for now. We may have to wait until his career starts to tail off a bit before we can afford him.
    I'm sure he cherishes the memories of having been locked in the CCFC broom cupboard for a year or more too.

Just in case anyone on here wasn't watching the Slovenian Transfer Deadline Day programme via satellite, Etien Velikonja has moved to Turkish side Genclerbirligi. Don't panic, it's just a stepping stone on the way to his inevitable return here, of course.

323k. Hope we had a sell on clause to pocket a slice of that lovely bounty