+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do parents have the right to document the lives of their children on social network sites?

Re: Do parents have the right to document the lives of their children on social network sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Sun, 23 June 2013 10:36
    The state believe that they own you anyway, just take a look at your birth certificate.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Custard wrote on Sun, 23 June 2013 11:26
    Correct. It's a certificate of slavery, not a lot you can do about it though.

Re: Do parents have the right to document the lives of their children on social network sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy -Slade Out wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 08:29
    The state believe that they own you anyway, just take a look at your birth certificate.
    I love reading through these old paranoid threads with all the usual suspects. Has anyone had their kids eaten by the government yet for appearing on Facebook?

Not the point though, is it? showing photo's and sensitive information about their kids, that should remain private

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 09:24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy -Slade Out wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 08:29
    I love reading through these old paranoid threads with all the usual suspects. Has anyone had their kids eaten by the government yet for appearing on Facebook?
    Data theft is becoming more of an issue as time goes by, if you care to read the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 22:14
    Am I a usual suspect for paranoid threads? That's news to me.
    Data theft might be more of an issue nowadays, but that's like saying more iPads were stolen today than were stolen in the whole of the seventies.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 22:37
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 22:14
    No you aren't. Stop being paranoid....
    Not really. An iPad is not personal information that can be exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 22:58
    Quote:
    I think you missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 23:04
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 22:58
    Quote:
    Data theft is becoming more of an issue as time goes by, if you care to read the news.
    Your point was spurious.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 23:21
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 23:04
    Quote:
    Data theft might be more of an issue nowadays, but that's like saying more iPads were stolen today than were stolen in the whole of the seventies.
    Because you suit your own point.....

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sun, 23 June 2013 10:07
    On the other hand a child might like to scroll back on a few years and look at the pictures of them " winning sports day " , " baking a cake " or " preforming in a show "
    Doh, .. just spotted that this is yet another ancient thread bizarrely resurrected by Booby.

I have never been so concerned by such matters as today and I am by no means a conspiracy theorist. Until half-past-three today my view has always been, "I don't care what they know as I have nothing to hide." Largely that is still my view but I will be thinking twice from now on nevertheless. Here's why:

I have an android phone and for the past couple of years I got a message every morning saying 17 mins to work/ 25 mins to work because of traffic etc from Google cards. Now geo-tracking is nothing new and it didn't particularly bother me. I know Google Maps feeds back data from my phone's GPS (because I allow it to" to feed info back to other users.

One Saturday I got an alert saying "20 minutes" to my golf club, then I got it on the Sunday.

It was a bit disconcerting, but nonetheless I put it down to the wonders of technology because Google had worked out I don't work on weekends and usually play golf.

All wonderously 21st Century so far. Until:

A couple of months ago my father-in-law who lives abroad was coming to visit and I was to pick him up from the airport. His flight due to land at around 7am was delayed by a couple of hours. I woke up to an alert from Google cards saying so.
    At first I was glad I could snooze the alarm then I wondered how it knew. There had been an email exchange between me and the missus a couple of weeks before but I couldn't remember an email being sent of the flight details. Or ever typing in anything related to it. Nevertheless I assumed I must have given Google some indication at some point and shrugged it off.

Around the same time I was made redundant and am still out of work. Eventually Google clocked on to this and stopped sending me traffic alerts for my commute. Fair enough, doesn't take a genius after three months.

However, and here's the scary bit - I went to sign on three weeks ago. Made the journey to the job centre on a Thursday morning, was told to go back two weeks ago today to sign on and did so. Was then told to go back today and at half three this afternoon my phone alerted me to the traffic to the job centre.

Only my missus knew I had the appointment from a brief conversation a couple of days ago and there is absolutely no record of it online, save for the Government's jobseekers website which I sign into everyday. (Note the website itself is great if you're looking for work).

It's probably down to cookies rather than a Google/Government conspiracy but there is absolutely no doubt Big Brother is watching.