+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Andreas Cornelius

Re: Andreas Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico wrote on Thu, 27 June 2013 11:49
    WOW!!! What a signing. IMO the signing of the season so far. Villa got Helenius, Cornelius is different gravy. He is the best young nordic striker around and is built like an ox. He could make the same impact as Lukaku last season - I am not kidding. This has made my day
    You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Boris wrote on Thu, 27 June 2013 11:50
    WOW!!! What a signing. IMO the signing of the season so far. Villa got Helenius, Cornelius is different gravy. He is the best young nordic striker around and is built like an ox. He could make the same impact as Lukaku last season - I am not kidding. This has made my day
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico wrote on Thu, 27 June 2013 12:49
    I love Serpico.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico wrote on Thu, 27 June 2013 11:56
    £7.5m apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! wrote on Thu, 27 June 2013 12:54

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinpeace wrote on Thu, 27 June 2013 12:18
    And it looks like we are just about to sign Wilfred Bony for around £10 mill ( his agent has come out and said it's a done deal ). It will be interesting to see which one adapts best.

When one of these threads gets resurrected I always trawl through to see if I've made a complete dick of myself. Thankfully I haven't on this one - but plenty of others have.

The fee was way to high and his wages too, but that didn't/doesn't make him a bad player, and certainly not the players fault. He got injured almost immediately after arriving, and hardly played, but people on here make him out to be a complete joke of a player. I see him play fairly regularly and still maintain he has all the attributes to be a very good striker at at least the level we are currently at. He'd probably thrive in the championship.

well Blue, I understand your other striker is outscoring Corny 2 to 1. Is Jorgensen someone with more promise?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 15:40
    And it looks like we are just about to sign Wilfred Bony for around £10 mill ( his agent has come out and said it's a done deal ). It will be interesting to see which one adapts best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinpeace wrote on Thu, 27 June 2013 12:18

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 18:43
    The fee was way to high and his wages too, but that didn't/doesn't make him a bad player, and certainly not the players fault. He got injured almost immediately after arriving, and hardly played, but people on here make him out to be a complete joke of a player. I see him play fairly regularly and still maintain he has all the attributes to be a very good striker at at least the level we are currently at. He'd probably thrive in the championship.
    Not sure about that TBH.

He wouldn't thrive in the Conference.

A 20 year old who was given 6 months to make an impression with the pressure being ramped up month by month until the owner started criticising him in the media and using his signing to attack the manager - hardly a normal situation. Whether he was good enough or not we a) cannot say and b) badly let ourselves down as a club.

He just didn't look like a centre forward, like Eddie Johnson, clueless.
    Couldn't chase down the ball, took up AWFUL positions for any corner/cross, really basic stuff.

Was the pressure really that great? Everyone seemed to really want him to succeed and were pretty supportive of him

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman wrote on Fri, 23 January 2015 10:04
    Yep it's just a hunch, but we can imagine.

Zola's buying him for Calgiari, off to Serie A.

Remember when Odemwingie said "the fans are going to love him" in October/November 2013?

He must've looked pretty good in training, that's all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Fri, 23 January 2015 12:57
    Zola's buying him for Calgiari, off to Serie A.
    Who knows what a forward looks like: Zola, Malky or Tan?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith wrote on Fri, 23 January 2015 14:00
    Remember when Odemwingie said "the fans are going to love him" in October/November 2013?
    Or he knew of our love for Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Fri, 23 January 2015 09:13
    Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 18:43
    I agree, nothing that occurred was AC's own fault.
    I believe he has all the attributes to thrive in this division yes. Strong and physical, good in the air, and most importantly knows where the goal is. He will never set the world alight with silky skills but he does what he can do well, holds the ball up and brings others into play, and finds the right spaces for himself. I see him do that all the time for FCK, and he is 20 years old. When we signed him, a colleague of mine, a Wolves fan and also FCK season ticket holder thought we had made a very very good signing, and was pretty envious of us getting him. He did however say the rumoured fee was way too high, but that could be said for just about every signing we've made in recent years. His words were "You've signed a classic old fashioned British centre forward." He was given so little chance in reality here at City. All based on what some fans saw during a half time warm up where he apparently skied a few practise shots. I really do think though that Cornelius is a player that we could do with right now, but ultimately, the deal that he was signed on was more of a problem than the player himself. That is not the players fault, and doesn't make him a bad player, far from it. It just highlights the gross mismanagement that went on. Who is to blame for that? Not Cornelius.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 19:30
    well Blue, I understand your other striker is outscoring Corny 2 to 1. Is Jorgensen someone with more promise?
    Our other striker? I'm not an FCK fan, at all (see my avatar, Silkeborg IF ;) ). I live in the city but have never been a fan of the club. But as they are on my doorstep, I go to see them every now and then for something to do. I see him on tv all the time though, and I do see a decent player with a huge amount of promise. The Danish national side coaches obviously think so too. He's not always a pretty player to watch but as I've said, he does what he does well. One thing he certainly has is energy and desire, something half our current squad could learn a bit from. Also, despite some pretty awful treatment from Tan, he conducted himself pretty well too. Has a head on his shoulders which is fairly rare in football.

What is this based on? How many times did you see him in a City shirt? Everyone wants every new signing to succeed surely, that's a given. But why the ridicule of certain players that barely even got on the pitch?

Hence the pressure.