+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Merthyr Town

Re: Merthyr Town

Merthyr won 7-0 today to go 11 points clear at the top. With game in hand. This will be their season this year.

what division do they go into if they go up?

Southern league prem 1 below conference south which is 1 below conference. They'll get there eventually!

Went today and really enjoyed it. Merthyr looked very good especially the front 3 with the two wide men outstanding and looked like they could play at a higher level.

Saying that wantage town did look poor.

Was great just to watch a game of football without all the crap!!!!

Went up there also, felt a bit sorry for Wantage, they had about three teenagers in thier team who played well. Merthyr should have been awarded a penalty in the first half but the officials ruled that it was outside the box yet was clearly inside.
    Merthyr also hit the woodwork three times in the second half and an excellent goal line clearance by the Wantage full back.
    Any one of four Merthyr players could have had motm.
    Good crowd for this level of football, 686.

Do they play in blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 21:11
    Do they play in blue?
    Just like Cardiff, blue is thier away kit

Quote Originally Posted by seethatbluebirdfly wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 12:14
    Do they play in blue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 21:11
    Just like Cardiff, blue is thier away kit
    Two bumper crowds this week - they already have two or three times the average anyhow, and take a large following to many games. Four away games in a row now. Despite the fact it is only January, if they are 12 points clear at the end of this month then I can't see anyone catching them.

Clearing out my attic yesterday I found a Merthyr v Sheffield Wednesday programme from 1996. If anyone wants it PM me your address and I'll send it to them.

I have no idea how I have it as to my knowledge I've never been to see Merthyr play.