+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Borley...

Re: Steve Borley...

Quote Originally Posted by Otis wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:34
    Maybe as a director he knew the true position of the club...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:32
    Maybe. Although if he did, then it's curious that the Chairman and CEO didn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:00
    Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 09:11
    Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 08:46
    Yeah, but, he's right about civil servants though.
    Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Otis? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.

Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:16
    I think Steve Borley is an honourable man. He has supported our club through thick and thin, and has frequently put his health and his money on the line. He may have made some bad decisions, but I think every one of them was what he believed was in the best interests of the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 09:58
    I also don't like the attacks on Scott young, who has been a great servant of the club over a number of years. Maybe he isn't a great coach, but once again I think he is doing his very best. (Which sadly may not be good enough.)
    Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 08:47
    I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 08:40
    How about we stop attacking each other, and focus on the real enemy TAN. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 22:33
    I agree with a lot of what you say but there's being diplomatic and then there is going completely OTT to defend the rebrand and belittling long term supporters who had a different viewpoint. He was best to say nothing at all or at least stick to "the rebrand was necessary to save the club" line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 22:29
    Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rich wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 22:22
    Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.
    You make some valid points, however one you have missed is that really, it's no one's business other than the shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:17
    Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:14
    Yup, that must be it. TG and Whiteley were out of the loop. Borley knew best. And got weighed in, remarkably enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:10
    Corporate governance? What has that got to do with Cardiff City Football Club?
    It's like shelling peas
    Depends if you like peas

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:34
    I think Steve Borley is an honourable man. He has supported our club through thick and thin, and has frequently put his health and his money on the line. He may have made some bad decisions, but I think every one of them was what he believed was in the best interests of the club.
    I also don't like the attacks on Scott young, who has been a great servant of the club over a number of years. Maybe he isn't a great coach, but once again I think he is doing his very best. (Which sadly may not be good enough.)
    I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be.
    How about we stop attacking each other, and focus on the real enemy TAN. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
    I agree with a lot of what you say but there's being diplomatic and then there is going completely OTT to defend the rebrand and belittling long term supporters who had a different viewpoint. He was best to say nothing at all or at least stick to "the rebrand was necessary to save the club" line.
    Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.
    Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:10
    Yup, that must be it. TG and Whiteley were out of the loop. Borley knew best. And got weighed in, remarkably enough.
    So ummm yeah, it's quite relevant actually but im happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:18
    It's like shelling peas
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:14
    Indeed. But not like corporate governance.
    Quite, and they are two subjects you have limited knowledge of.

Maybe. Although if he did, then it's curious that the Chairman and CEO didn't...
    Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.
    I accept your criticism.

What's rude about this? It's not insulting in any way. If someone seems clearly lacking in understanding of a subject then it's not rude to suggest it. Feedback has hardly been insulting.

He certainly didn't know what was going on with the finances when Sam Hammam (*spits) was running the circus. I believe the quote was "It's his money, he can do what he wants with it!".

Could you define "corporate governance" and could you define "shelling peas"

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:38
    As Feedy alluded to, it's possible you're out of your depth but I can help.
    There are no words.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:34
    I thought you had me on ignore. It would appear that, just like your stance regarding the rebrand, you change your tune with alarming regularity. It's hard to keep up with you as you're all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:44
    There are no words.
    Apart from the 4 you just wrote obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:38
    Quite, and they are two subjects you have limited knowledge of.
    Much like your good self and the 'governance' of Cardiff City Football Club, it seems. Tell me, have you ever talked to Messrs Borley or Whiteley on this particular subject? I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:45
    That was Jobson's choice.

First world problems
    You can't say things like that about the deity that is Bob the Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:47
    Who's he?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:37
    First world problems
    What's so funny? Feedback is currently showing 16.000+ posts about half of which, at least, would have touched on UK politics in some way and there's been a few occasions in the past five years where there's been "clean ups" whereby people have lost thousands of the messages they've posted to free up space. Tens of thousands doesn't seem like an exaggeration to me, but even if it is, it still makes no difference to the point I was making about the irony of him of all people saying "we should not concern ourselves with matters beyond our control"

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:49
    Who's he?
    Used to be the lead vocalist for the Skids.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:44
    There are no words.
    the season of goodwill has officially ended

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:50
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:49
    Who's he?
    Used to be the lead vocalist for the Skids.
    Which ironically is where your current thinking seems to be

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:49
    First world problems
    Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.
    To be fair, you've got a point there

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:49
    First world problems
    Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.
    croesy and feedy have a mutual assistance pact, feedy only fails to honour this pact if croesy is beyond help

First world problems
    Where have I concerned myself about matters beyond my control?