+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did it go wrong for you?

Re: Where did it go wrong for you?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 19:51
    The day it was announved that we would play in red and the realization there were City fans who didn't really care as log as Tan kept "investing" in the club.
    IF any of these scarfs still exist then we should get people to bring them to the ground and make a bonfire out of them in the car park.

Quote Originally Posted by thornhillblue wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 11:28
    The day it was announved that we would play in red and the realization there were City fans who didn't really care as log as Tan kept "investing" in the club.
    It's between this and NigelBlues's comments about the day Tan took over.
    That was a very strange night, I bet the vast majority who wore the red scarf that night totally regret it. I actually went to the ground with no intention of taking one, but for some reason, I don't know why, I took one and put it in my coat pocket and that's where it stayed till I got home. I actually came across it in one of my drawers a few months back and binned it. Even though, thankfully I didn't wear the thing, I feel guilt that I actually took one.

Lets be honest, it all started with Scam splashing about the money, 1 mill for Kav, 1.7 Mill of peter thorne, 1 mill for campbell, we were in the old 3rd and 4th divs, yet spending champagne money ( maybe we should have moaned at the start of all that, but it was fun, people were suckered into the " dream " ( though a few were conceared with the voices of some Wimbledon fans echo'ing around, but it was easy to dismiss them, small time team, bitter that Scam had moved onto us etc etc )

I loved the early 90's as a time to support football, it worked out right for me ( someone posted in the stone roses thread on here, the star's aligned at the right time, and they truely did for me, the Music, the football, good mates and even better times ) but while Rick wright ( RIP ) was keeping his word, he was also showing the world we could be a " bigger team " the promotion season ( 93 ) was out of this world, when i die, i will look back on that time as say " hell yea, it was good ", but back on track, we knew where we were, we were a big fish in a small pond, it didnt matter that we knew the next step to the get out of the 3rd was too far, it was so good, of course we dreamed of a money man to come in, fall in love with the whole thing and spunk millions on us, it happened, Scam arrived, shame he wasnt spending his money, so when TG arrived with some money, it all seemed to be going right again, he appeared to have a grasp of football and what it meant to us, then of course he didnt appear to have the money to push us on, so invited Vinnie to join in the fun and games, the rest is history

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 11:45
    Quote Originally Posted by thornhillblue wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 11:28
    It's between this and NigelBlues's comments about the day Tan took over.
    Sadly Tan had us over a barrel to "shaft" us.
    I guess in hindsight i did, it was the signal in Tan's mind that it was all ok and full stream ahead

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 12:04
    Lets be honest, it all started with Scam splashing about the money, 1 mill for Kav, 1.7 Mill of peter thorne, 1 mill for campbell, we were in the old 3rd and 4th divs, yet spending champagne money ( maybe we should have moaned at the start of all that, but it was fun, people were suckered into the " dream " ( though a few were conceared with the voices of some Wimbledon fans echo'ing around, but it was easy to dismiss them, small time team, bitter that Scam had moved onto us etc etc )
    Very few of us complained back then me being one of them but that`s where it all started for me.

Quote Originally Posted by insider wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 13:37
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 12:04
    I loved the early 90's as a time to support football, it worked out right for me ( someone posted in the stone roses thread on here, the star's aligned at the right time, and they truely did for me, the Music, the football, good mates and even better times ) but while Rick wright ( RIP ) was keeping his word, he was also showing the world we could be a " bigger team " the promotion season ( 93 ) was out of this world, when i die, i will look back on that time as say " hell yea, it was good ", but back on track, we knew where we were, we were a big fish in a small pond, it didnt matter that we knew the next step to the get out of the 3rd was too far, it was so good, of course we dreamed of a money man to come in, fall in love with the whole thing and spunk millions on us, it happened, Scam arrived, shame he wasnt spending his money, so when TG arrived with some money, it all seemed to be going right again, he appeared to have a grasp of football and what it meant to us, then of course he didnt appear to have the money to push us on, so invited Vinnie to join in the fun and games, the rest is history
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/wales/846497.stm

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 08:00
    The way I look at it is, don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.
    Be honest. You stole that saying from your wife.

First Team

I would imagine nanoseconds after I decided to follow this club.
    Whilst the recent events are about as divisive as it has probably ever been it's hardly been a bed of roses for the almost 40 years I have followed the club.
    Even the great recent achievements of Cup finals and the Premiership have turned out to be another tick in the losses column.
    I guess this is a club that is destined to be forever a little bit of a joke. Arguably, most of us were in on it and maybe quite liked it but despite all the hope we end up din the mire.
    Frankly, I am not sure a fair proportion of the fan base could handle stability and quite progress.

I don't regret wearing red. I said at the time, I couldn't careless if we played in pink.
    There weren't to many complaints when Malky got us promoted..
    We now play in Blue and care crap.

Selling Toshack

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Selling Toshack
    Broke my 14-year-old heart. Swore I would never step foot inside Ninian Park again. The next Saturday I hung on as long as I could before giving up and jumping on the bus just in time to get to the game. For a while it seemed Alan Warboys would fill the void nicely. But his poster wasn't on my bedroom wall. Tosh's was. I made Liverpool my "other team" because Toshack moved there. I've had a soft spot for them ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    Broke my 14-year-old heart. Swore I would never step foot inside Ninian Park again. The next Saturday I hung on as long as I could before giving up and jumping on the bus just in time to get to the game. For a while it seemed Alan Warboys would fill the void nicely. But his poster wasn't on my bedroom wall. Tosh's was. I made Liverpool my "other team" because Toshack moved there. I've had a soft spot for them ever since.
    Ironic that at the next game "Toshack is a reject" was the chant of the day as we beat Blackburn 4-1.
    things were looking up, but IIRC we lost the next three away games on the bounce before Warboys came in - those lost points cost us promotion. I recall the board of those days wanted" a successful second div team rather than a struggling top div team" - well that worked out well, didn't it?

International

The day Sala took that flight, we'd have stayed up for sure with Sala's goals and Warnock being happy and positive rather than damaged and lost.

Since then we've struggled more and more each year, with terrible Manager appointments, none with any Championship experience, and most no experience at all.

Ever since the early 70's - when I first started watching - it's always been a dream built on sand, so many false dawns, wasted money, dodgy chairmen. So the only thing that has kept me here - is the banter , sarcasm and the chance for a few hours to watch a bunch of players try and win a game of football. I guess we win and lose together

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    . I recall the board of those days wanted" a successful second div team rather than a struggling top div team" - well that worked out well, didn't it?
    Ain’t that the truth.

When NYC wrote log instead of long...fell apart