+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extremely questionable letter re rebrand in Wales Online

Re: Extremely questionable letter re rebrand in Wales Online

I have been attending since the sixties not every match . Missed quite a few when we were garbage in the Durban years and the mid 1990 s particularly but after a month off I would return. Always been amazed at how many claim to have been regular fans since 1960 or 70 ..if all those people were telling the truth we would never have has the crowds of 2,000 odd back in the past.
    Anyway of the 7 of us who have sat together for the last 25 years not one of us is giving up our season tickets , despite Russell Slades best efforts. Of the guys I know from other parts of the ground , everyone is fed up with the crap football but all will renew. I know a couple who have walked through work contacts but even when I hear them talk they sound so desperate. Why cant they leave it go? They seem more obsessed now than when they did attend. Sad that they cant move on. Maybe they will become this generation,s version of those saddos who never tired of droning on about how they havent been to a City game since Toshack was sold?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 16:04
    Is that true, TOBW? That's very sad, one of life's uncomfortable ironies. Just as your writing reaches a wide audience the subject becomes unpalatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 15:51
    Yes, packed it in today.
    If it was foisted upon you, it would be very pleasing to hear that the same fate befell Mr Curtis (actually I'd like it better if he was just binned for being a complete illiterate)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 06:22
    Is that true, TOBW? That's very sad, one of life's uncomfortable ironies. Just as your writing reaches a wide audience the subject becomes unpalatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 16:04
    Yes, packed it in today.
    I do hope it was a personal choice, rather than something that was foisted upon you. No need to elaborate though.
    Bugger - broke my New Year resolution already!

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 06:22
    Yes, packed it in today.
    I do hope it was a personal choice, rather than something that was foisted upon you. No need to elaborate though.
    No, it was entirely my own decision - I'll not go into details, but if we were a band, my leaving would have been down to those "musical differences" we always hear about.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 20:19
    Sorry to hear it TOBW. Hoping the blog will continue at least.
    Yes, I plan to keep it going - not sure what it will look like if I do not renew, but I want to still go along and watch the Under 18s play, so there'll at least be an occasional report on their games.

I hope Steve west and his 20,000 mates enjoy the game Friday. Last I heard tickets were a tenner each and they'd only sold 2,000 though

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 03:08
    I have been attending since the sixties not every match . Missed quite a few when we were garbage in the Durban years and the mid 1990 s particularly but after a month off I would return. Always been amazed at how many claim to have been regular fans since 1960 or 70 ..if all those people were telling the truth we would never have has the crowds of 2,000 odd back in the past.
    The past 25 years except for the mid 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 16:12
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/south-wales-echo-lette rs-tuesday-8359697
    Quote Originally Posted by Peru Bluebird wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 14:35
    Most supporters are not moaners
    Typical of the modern police force, the boys from the seventies would have done a proper job !

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 08:35
    Anyway of the 7 of us who have sat together for the last 25 years not one of us is giving up our season tickets , despite Russell Slades best efforts. Of the guys I know from other parts of the ground , everyone is fed up with the crap football but all will renew. I know a couple who have walked through work contacts but even when I hear them talk they sound so desperate. Why cant they leave it go? They seem more obsessed now than when they did attend. Sad that they cant move on. Maybe they will become this generation,s version of those saddos who never tired of droning on about how they havent been to a City game since Toshack was sold?

Whilst I'd hate to judge someone solely on two letters .........ahem ................ old matey boy here sounds like a right cun't.

Great sentiments ,I'm not giving either""City till we die " I guess

Not telling the whole story by the sounds of it. Row probably meant swearing, threatening, maybe he was waving his stick around, probably causing a public disturbance.

Had a quick look at his Facebook. How fecking embarrassing. This Steve west is a complete numpty. Some barmy fecking braindead binman called Michael usher on there trying to fight him aswell. West is a prick, but trying to set up a fight with a disabled bloke is pretty shocking ng too

Quote Originally Posted by kevinNugentsHead wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 13:39
    Had a quick look at his Facebook. How fecking embarrassing. This Steve west is a complete numpty. Some barmy fecking braindead binman called Michael usher on there trying to fight him aswell. West is a prick, but trying to set up a fight with a disabled bloke is pretty shocking ng too
    Yeah I saw that. Judging by the weirdos photos though, he's been filled in already, on one of his photos he got a big black eye.

Haha, far too much time on his hands.

Gwyn Davies will save him, he was the first person I noticed on his friends list to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 13:35
    Swansea chant

If it comes to it, I'll sort him out in a fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 16:17
    I and 20,000 others are getting really fed up of the constantly moaning minority section of "supporters" of CCFC venting their bias, bitterness and hugely exaggerated claims.
    I think they are more than aware of his background - he appears to be their 'go to' man when it comes to writing letters designed to provoke.