+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Russell Slade pre Colchester

Russell Slade pre Colchester

Re: Russell Slade pre Colchester

The nazi's were good at propaganda too

Shit! I thought it read 'Russell Slade for Colchester'.

His face annoys me. I don't even know why.

According to Russell other players will be getting a chance then, due to injuries and also resting some.

I'm not sure exactly who could be getting a "chance" though?

Defensively we have an issue at left back, that can't be denied, and don't actually have anyone in the wings ready to take 'a chance'. Defence has been woeful but only as part of the general malaise and most goals we concede are sadly coming straight through the middle of midfield.

Up front, we have three strikers who are indeed permanently swapping positions and not particularly well so is he going to give Maynard a "chance"? Maynard simply looks the shadow of his former self and when seen, really looks to be struggling. So who is getting a 'chance' up front? Guerra? Velikonja?

Midfield we are also in a position where we already know exactly what the problems are but Slade doesn't want to address them. O Sullivan promotion maybe? If he is promoted I suspect he will go well only to be cast aside immediately so what's the point?

Personally, and I have mooted this before, I would like to see Manga pushed in front of the defence with Adeyemi alongside him. Perhaps then, with Whittingham, Noone and Harris ahead and the more mobile ALF in front we can get the ball moving around. We don't have a 10 now because Ravel and Daehli are gone so all we can do is try Whitts, personally I'd like to see O Sullivan given a go but Its pointless as he wont get a go in the league even if he scores 4.

So for me, I'd use the game to try and get the line up right for the league. IF IF IF Manga can play defensive midfield it would solve our biggest problem, so why not try him out in this game? What can we lose?

For me then.

Marshall

Brayford. Morrison. Turner. Fabio

Manga. Adeyemi

Noone. Whittingham. Harris

Le Fondre (but I'd love to see Guerra, ho ho ho)

Skill full players like Noone, Whitts and Harris interchanging and linking with ALF. Brayford and Fabio stretching the opposition by pushing on with the strength of Manga and the dynamism and running of Adeyemi holding it all together. More chance of knitting fog than seeing that though I suspect.

He does not inspire me. He is full of hot air and says little if anything of substance. Better suited to a Conference team going nowhere.

He does not inspire me. He is full of hot air and says little if anything of substance. Better suited to a Conference team going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rich wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 09:55
    Managers have to be judged on their results and not their articulacy methinks. (However, he does come over as articulate in my book).

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 09:52
    According to Russell other players will be getting a chance then, due to injuries and also resting some.
    If it works who will play the Manga role when he is away for at least a month at the African cup ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 09:40
    Shit! I thought it read 'Russell Slade for Colchester'.
    We are not that lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:38
    When a manager is going through a bad streak anything he says will come over as hot air. They usually talk about working harder, reflecting on weaknesses and players returning from injury but, to be fair, what else can they really come up with?
    Articulate managers always seem to get that little bit more time from fans and the media because they sound like they know what's going on. I would say that Slade sounds like a lot of hot air whether we're winning or not but then I like Martinez so perhaps if Slade spoke with a sexy accent I might be more lenient.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:44
    That said though, even if Medel came back here, Slade is so far out of his depth I suspect we would struggle. I genuinely see us involved in the bottom 6 with Slade in charge. I hope I'm very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:50
    Defensively we have an issue at left back, that can't be denied, and don't actually have anyone in the wings ready to take 'a chance'. Defence has been woeful but only as part of the general malaise and most goals we concede are sadly coming straight through the middle of midfield.
    For once you wont be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:50

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:48
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:38
    When a manager is going through a bad streak anything he says will come over as hot air. They usually talk about working harder, reflecting on weaknesses and players returning from injury but, to be fair, what else can they really come up with?
    I doubt whether managers in that position relish being interviewed by the media and there's only so much they can say in the circumstances.
    Agreed - but it's a case of diminishing returns when the balloon eventually goes up. By the way, I love it when you talk dirty to me

It's his head that's the problem. A lack of hair gives the perception of a lack of authority. All the best managers have hair.

When Adeyemi says 'we will take it as seriously as any league game' ... uh oh..

Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:16
    I too like this line up. That said Turner and Morrison together worry me (although Manga hardly covered himself in glory v Watford) and whilst Fabio is great going forward, and I want him in my team, he does have weaknesses defensively. But this formation and line up could stop teams breaking at will through the middle of the pitch and having the time to pick passes and shots at will in recent games. How can there be such a big hole every time?!!So I agree, use this game to practice the formation, playing style and players. It can't be worse - can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 11:30
    I doubt whether managers in that position relish being interviewed by the media and there's only so much they can say in the circumstances.
    I have heard it said that it is exceedingly difficult to be nominated as the leader of a major country in the West if you are follicly challenged.

Good idea, I think Manga has the skills to do Gary Medel's job. He dispossesses players quickly and distributes well, and he's a good physical presence. 4 2 3 1 is good, you can always turn it to 4 5 1 if needs be. Slade's call, gotta do something about the midfield disaster.

Slade comes across as an intelligent, articulate and friendly guy.

With that though, comes a lack of charisma and an uninspiring tone that would send anyone into a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 09:43
    His face annoys me. I don't even know why.
    Exactly this!