+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bupa - Yes or No

Bupa - Yes or No

Sorry for all the medical threads. Just thinking about it all now.

Just did a quote for me and partner £64.98pm.

Im one of those people who believe it will never happen to me. Never really see the doctor, never injured, so im never going to get cancer or any other illness. But after visiting the hospital last night its got me thinking, is Bupa worth it?

Re: Bupa - Yes or No

Yes its worth it. If you can afford to then do it as it takes the pressure off the nhs meaning those who do use it will get a better service.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:25
    Yes its worth it. If you can afford to then do it as it takes the pressure off the nhs meaning those who do use it will get a better service.
    Be interesting to know how many people have bupa cover that can afford it. (Higher earners etc) Like you say then, it would take a load off the NHS.

How does that work? Many doctors work less hours on NHS work to fit in their work for BUPA so it doesn't take pressure off the NHS at all.

Banned

I might get it. Do you get full cover, X rays etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumney-Coleman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:35
    I think I might. Just reading up on what you get, and seems worthwhile. I pay £15pm for a bank account I dont use.
    High earners ignore their GP and take their child straight to A&E.

Are the nurses sexier?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:43
    How does that work? Many doctors work less hours on NHS work to fit in their work for BUPA so it doesn't take pressure off the NHS at all.
    Then they farm you out to NHS hospitals to recover.

I had it as a perk with my last job, (paid a fair wedge of tax for it mind) I needed an op last year, 2 month wait on the nhs or a week wait private. It was like checking into a hotel.
    I no longer work for the same company so don't have it any more.

I believe the trick is to get a quote and sign up when your young and healthy. I suspect signing up when not in peak condition is expensive.