+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerrard v Lampard

Gerrard v Lampard

So liverpools favourite son. He of the constant long ball is filling the back pages with statements about leaving. At the same time Frank Lampard is just getting on with what he always has done - scoring important goals.

No comparison between the 2 players for me. Gerrard is the most overrated player I have witnessed in my time watching football. Very good player for most of his career, but nowhere near as good as he was made out. For the last 2 seasons he's been utter , utter rubbish. Lampard on the other hand seems to be underrated and even not rated at all by many fans, but for me he's been twice the player Gerrard has.

Re: Gerrard v Lampard

Lampard is head and shoulders above Gerrard.

For me, it goes

Scholes
    Lampard
    Gerrard

agree lampard is a far better all round player

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:31
    For me, it goes
    Giggs?

They're not the same player. I think Gerrard is more likely to influence the entire game, Lampard is more likely go get a goal. I think I'd rate Gerrard slightly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinNugentsHead wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:25
    So liverpools favourite son. He of the constant long ball is filling the back pages with statements about leaving. At the same time Frank Lampard is just getting on with what he always has done - scoring important goals.
    Agree 100%. The most over-rated player. Now being Welsh I care little for England's progress but I genuinely think that if England had sacrificed him years ago and built the team around Scholes with Lampard as his partner they could have done so much more. Agree with the other post Scholes first then Lampard - Gerrard a distant 3rd out of those 3.

Gerrard the better player. Scholes and Lampard great players but were lucky to have more great players around them. Gerrard would have walked into either Man Utd or Chelsea's first team.

Both are shit, neither could lace the boots of Peter Whittingham (cue Baker breaking out in a spontaneous bout of self-pleasuring.)

Twice the player-a good job there are better judges of players then!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:31
    For me, it goes
    Gerrard

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:45
    Gerrard the better player. Scholes and Lampard great players but were lucky to have more great players around them. Gerrard would have walked into either Man Utd or Chelsea's first team.
    No bias there mate......

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcestershire wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:38
    No comparison between the 2 players for me. Gerrard is the most overrated player I have witnessed in my time watching football. Very good player for most of his career, but nowhere near as good as he was made out. For the last 2 seasons he's been utter , utter rubbish. Lampard on the other hand seems to be underrated and even not rated at all by many fans, but for me he's been twice the player Gerrard has.
    I don't agree that he is overrated, but agree that England should've built their team around Scholes rather than shove him out on the left as they did.

Robson, then Lampard then Gerrard, Robson was a stand out captain and a goalscorer, great player

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:22
    Really ? I've never denied not liking Liverpool but Paul Scholes played alongside Roy Keane, Gerrard played alongside Ivor Biscan

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:27
    No bias there mate......
    Really ? I've never denied not liking Liverpool but Paul Scholes played alongside Roy Keane, Gerrard played alongside Ivan Biscan

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:49
    Both are shit, neither could lace the boots of Peter Whittingham (cue Baker breaking out in a spontaneous bout of self-pleasuring.)

No bias there mate......
    And Xabi Alonso

Ian Gibson
    Brian Harris
    Peter King

Gerrard was brilliant in the 2005 Champions League Final and Lampard's goalscoring record for a midfield player is amazing, but neither of them could hold a candle to Paul Scholes - as to who is the better out of the two of them, I'd say Gerrard was at his peak, but I think Lampard is the better of the two at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:43
    Ian Gibson

Trevor Hockey

John Mahoney

No bias there mate......
    ...OK, That's obviously not true, and he would've got in both the Man United and Chelsea team, but then so would Lampard and Scholes got in the others teams (although certain Liverpool teams I might've even been in with a shout so not the biggest boast). Gerrard and Lampard together never really worked that well for England, but to force Scholes to make way for those two was criminal in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:34
    No bias there mate......
    Really ? I've never denied not liking Liverpool but Paul Scholes played alongside Roy Keane, Gerrard played alongside Ivor Biscan
    mascherano too