+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has anyone emailed BBC?

Has anyone emailed BBC?

To let them know why the attendance will be so low tonight?

Re: Has anyone emailed BBC?

Is there any update on the number of tickets sold/

Quote Originally Posted by Rumney-Coleman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 15:09
    Is there any update on the number of tickets sold/
    They quoted 4000 on the BBC Wales News-I reckon they will be lucky to get that many!!!!

Pretty self explanatory isn't it?

Im sure plenty will say its because is on TV and against a poor team.

Although, would have been interesting to see if many had stayed away if it was a big team. Much better publicity if it was against Man City and 4000 turned up.

The BBC will be happy with that as a boycott will no doubt boost viewing figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 15:16
    The BBC will be happy with that as a boycott will no doubt boost viewing figures.
    I was waiting for your contribution about emailing the other kind of BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 15:20
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 15:16
    I was waiting for your contribution about emailing the other kind of BBC.
    Is this an extension of the Wilf Bony thread..?

Given that its a BBC Wales production I guess theyll know anyway.

I didn't expect a gate of much over 5,000 before the anti-Tan feeling got ramped up, if we get close to that then how do these letters explaining the low turnout look to the media? How do future letters look explaining anti-rebrand feeling? Stick to telling your own story in these letters because they're more likely to go "viral".

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 17:02
    I didn't expect a gate of much over 5,000 before the anti-Tan feeling got ramped up, if we get close to that then how do these letters explaining the low turnout look to the media? How do future letters look explaining anti-rebrand feeling? Stick to telling your own story in these letters because they're more likely to go "viral".
    Regardless of the opposition I would have expected at least 10,000 for a third round FA Cup tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 17:07
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 17:02
    The anti tan feeling got "ramped up" well before the third round draw even took place.
    However, I think expecting at least 10,000 is being very optimistic. 5000 is a more realistic attendance especially with it being on TV.

The attendance will be low tonight because we are playing Colchester and the game is on TV. If we were playing Manchester United, Chelsea or Liverpool the game would be virtually a sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 17:41
    The attendance will be low tonight because we are playing Colchester and the game is on TV. If we were playing Manchester United, Chelsea or Liverpool the game would be virtually a sell out.
    Yes it would be a sell out, because even if City fans boycotted en masse, the seats would be taken by the thousands of plastics that infest South Wales.

Are people genuinely not going tonight under the guise of a boycott?

Like another poster stated, if we were playing a top team (or Swansea) it would be sold out. The low turnout tonight is down to the opposition, it being on tv and current poor performance of the team.

3500 I reckon.

Kevin Ratcliff just stated that it's because it's a Colchester on a cold night. Opportunity missed !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 17:54
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 17:41
    Yes it would be a sell out, because even if City fans boycotted en masse, the seats would be taken by the thousands of plastics that infest South Wales.
    This ^^^^^^

Tonight if TOBW, Jon Candy and Lomanski (think that's the other poster who attends everything) miss the game I think we can say it's more than just an easy one to skip. TOBW has already said he's going but is willing to boycott Derby and Jon Candy has had a personal invite via Steve Borely on twitter to go so Borely obviously feels worried about it. It's not a boycott but it's not "oh, just because it's Colchester".

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 18:52
    This ^^^^^^
    This thread implies that the low attendance at tonight's game is due to fans opposition to Tan and the rebrand. That is of course complete nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 19:04
    Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 18:52
    This ^^^^^^
    This thread implies that the low attendance at tonight's game is due to fans opposition to Tan and the rebrand. That is of course complete nonsense.
    I would say it's a combination of factors.