+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Declan John

Declan John

I've been saying it since the first time I saw him play that he is a winger and not a defender. Don't be surprised to see him converted to a winger in the future as happened with Gareth Bale (if not with the same success!)

Re: Declan John

Agreed. Only looks comfortable to me when he's attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 20:22
    Agreed. Only looks comfortable to me when he's attacking.
    And looks very comfortable when attacking.

he does look the part going forward, fair play to the lad

This was said by the pundits last night on TV and when Slade was asked about Malone he mentioned playing Dec in a more advanced midfield role.I like the idea too of having someone run at defences and commit tackles. Kadeem does it and hopefully Noone will get his form back soon and start running full backs.We are all too happy to check out these days and play square simple passes and make it easy for an organised defence.

Personally, I thought that Declan had his best moments when Harris was playing in front of him. Would like to see him play an advanc d role.
    One other thing, it seemed that the players that have been together in the development squad are playing well together when in the first team, probably better than regular first team players.

I have known Declan from an early age as my son played with him in the acedemy . He is a winger all day long A few times he was played at left back and was very poor as he is not a natural defender It is just not in his natural game . it is my belief certain players are natural defender or strikers etc and Declan is not a defender in a million years but a fine winger

Quote Originally Posted by seethatbluebirdfly wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 12:47
    Personally, I thought that Declan had his best moments when Harris was playing in front of him. Would like to see him play an advanc d role.
    Spot on