Thread: Turner

Turner

I like the way he applies himself .

Re: Turner

Yes, Marshall not vocal enough imo

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 21:32
    Yes, Marshall not vocal enough imo
    Yes difficult one , I like the look of the keeper Moore and Connolly as centre back.

Should make one of the centre halves captain. But players don't need an armband to lead.

Turner as captain ha ha ha. Too slow. Too negative. He is shit!!

Quote Originally Posted by athoma37 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 21:46
    Would be a good captain in my opinion as it isn't working with Marshall, that's for certain!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 21:58
    Rubbish post. Turner is the one usually making the last ditch tackle or important block.
    I tend to agree. Declan was well short defensively tonite and Ben helped him out lots of times. Anyone who cant see Turners positive affect on the side is either stupid or just doesnt know touhs not the likes of them who we should be criticising

Will consider your passionate observations and comments

I'd actually like to see Moore have a run of games, he's as good as Marshall so having Turner as skipper with Moore in goals works.

Have a look back where all the goals have been conceded recently in the championship!! I repeat.... Too slow, too negative, can't pass..... It's all hoofball. Oh look at tonight against a poor league one team our attack broke down, did he hit it forward, uh noooo back to the bloody goalkeeper. Shit end of.

Quote Originally Posted by athoma37 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:14
    Have a look back where all the goals have been conceded recently in the championship!! I repeat.... Too slow, too negative, can't pass..... It's all hoofball. Oh look at tonight against a poor league one team our attack broke down, did he hit it forward, uh noooo back to the bloody goalkeeper. Shit end of.
    I cant recall him giving the ball away once in the first half. He supported his full back really wellt, knocked the ball down to Harris for our 2nd goa and we won the game You must have been watching a different game mate. "End of"

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:31
    Well there we have it .....you lame brain!!!
    No I was watching us play a poor league one side! Yes he was ok tonight but in championship games he is..... Too slow, can't pass its all hoofball. He is in the championship...... Crap. we all have our opinions. I respect yours. I am entitled to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by athoma37 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:47
    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:31
    Well there we have it .....you lame brain!!!
    Er....... Turner didnt play against Watford and in the 8 games he has played this season since missing the first 3 months I think we have won 3 drew 3 and lost 2. That is a lot better than before he came back?
    So to suggest he is not good enough to play in the championship is just plain daft nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytaff wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 21:43
    Should make one of the centre halves captain. But players don't need an armband to lead.
    Saying that, not sure what the players are supposed to lead. Even against a side propping up the division below us at home - the 4-4-2 formation after Whittingham was subbed off, once again led to complete domination from our opponents.

I would make Turner captain now and play Connolly alongside him for the next few fixtures. Morrison's main asset seems to be in the opposition box and he lacks tactical awareness.

I also really liked the goalkeeper and surprisingly I would like to see him play before Marshall at the moment. I think Marshall is a great keeper, but somewhere I heard he was injured and this could be hampering his kicking which at the moment is diabolical and doesn't help the team at all as every kick he seems to aim for Kenwynne and hits Le Fondre or the touchline. He is also being beaten by long shots every game and am sure that he is not 100%. If he needs treatment let him get it done and give Moore a run of games. We have anout a 5% chance of playoffs so lets see what he can do.

Connolly should be captain. He is our most consistent centre back. I'm afraid Turner is too slow~ look at the Bournemouth second half when his ponderous play resulted in goals and should have resulted in Marshall being sent off. I would play a back three of Manga between connolly and Morrison, with Turner being use occasionally to give the others a rest!

Totally agree that Marshall should never be captain~ needs to be a centre back or centre mid to influence the game.

Sir Hoof-a-lot for captain!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Blue wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:04
    Connolly should be captain. He is our most consistent centre back. I'm afraid Turner is too slow~ look at the Bournemouth second half when his ponderous play resulted in goals and should have resulted in Marshall being sent off. I would play a back three of Manga between connolly and Morrison, with Turner being use occasionally to give the others a rest!
    Ffs 3 at the back and Conns as captain. He is a quiet as a church mouse and Slade has never ever ever ever ever played anything other than a back 4????????