+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lowest first team crowd since August 2007

Re: Lowest first team crowd since August 2007

Quote Originally Posted by taff7 wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 20:12
    I Agree with you on that front. What compelled you to watch the game in the first place?
    I didn't feel compelled to watch it. I watched a bit of it and then changed channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 20:08
    I watched the first fifteen minutes or so of the Cardiff v Colchester FA Cup game on BBC Wales but it was tedious beyond belief and the standard of football was desperately poor, so I returned to the Taylor v van der Voort match.
    Quote Originally Posted by taff7 wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 19:59
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 19:34
    Would you have felt different if we were back in blue? To say you turned over due to the standard of football is astounding to me! Surely we were just as bad during the 80's and 90's
    Quote Originally Posted by taff7 wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 19:28
    Why is it astounding? I did the same. There is a difference between tolerating an awful game when you feel a close affinity to a club and not tolerating it unduly because you don't feel that same affinity.
    Yet you attended Premier League games....

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 20:14
    I watched the first fifteen minutes or so of the Cardiff v Colchester FA Cup game on BBC Wales but it was tedious beyond belief and the standard of football was desperately poor, so I returned to the Taylor v van der Voort match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 20:08
    Would you have felt different if we were back in blue? To say you turned over due to the standard of football is astounding to me! Surely we were just as bad during the 80's and 90's
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 19:34
    Why is it astounding? I did the same. There is a difference between tolerating an awful game when you feel a close affinity to a club and not tolerating it unduly because you don't feel that same affinity.
    As an aside, would you have carried on watching if we were playing champagne football?
    I'm not interested in slanging matches TBH, i'm just trying to see what our fans current outlook is...

Quote Originally Posted by taff7 wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 20:19
    As an aside, would you have carried on watching if we were playing champagne football?
    To be honest, I don't want City to be successful at the moment as it would be power to Tan's elbow, in my humble opinion.
    Neither am I, but it's easy to not want success for the club after we've had it.

Boom

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 11:38
    Looking forward to the remaining matches, Taylor has looked distinctly average, yet somehow still manages to get the job done. Like doing a cardiff in reverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 11:17
    Taylor has an excellent chance. I backed van Gerwen after the third round, so he's doomed. My punting form is dismal at the moment. I can get anyone beat.
    I'd rather watch City v Colchester in a tedious match than the best darts match that ever was! Just a pub pastime not a sport!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 20:22
    To be honest, I don't want City to be successful at the moment as it would be power to Tan's elbow, in my humble opinion.
    For me, the old Cardiff City no longer existed and I acted purely in my own interests in this instance. I didn't celebrate City's goals and wasn't gutted when they conceded. I chose to use the rebranded club purely for my own purposes -as it is not an entity that I feel any allegiance to.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 21:09
    I'm not interested in slanging matches TBH, i'm just trying to see what our fans current outlook is...
    That's got to be up there with the biggest pile of pish i've ever read on here, and i'm a good judge because i write post most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sun, 04 January 2015 21:09

To be honest, I doubt I would have felt any different if the team was wearing blue. Things have changed. In the 80's and 90's I would have been there. Three seasons ago I would have been there. These days, watching the Emperor's Redbirds labouring away against a poor League One side doesn't appeal. I gave it a go but it was about as entertaining as watching wood warp, so I turned over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 08:25
    You forgot to mention the money you saved.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 08:31
    You forgot to mention the money you saved.
    Sky Sports doesn't come cheap you know.