+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slade, The Master Tactician

Slade, The Master Tactician

Has to change formation early in the game to combat a side 23rd in League 1.
    Takes Whittingham off, and replaces him with Le Fondre who is moved out right, moves Noone into centre in place of Whittingham.
    Brings Fabio on in place of Harris.
    Team loses shape concedes 1 and could easily have shipped a couple more.

Re: Slade, The Master Tactician

Not trying to be funny here but didn't Fabio replace Noone?

Slade obviously thought ALF pace would worry the full back ! It did , poor Brayford ! Couldn't work out what Slade was doing ? Whatever it was , it let Colchester back in the game and made the last 20 minutes uncomfortable !

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 09:44
    Has to change formation early in the game to combat a side 23rd in League 1.
    To my mind, that was a cock up by Slade, but I've seen him accused of being forced into a formation change early on by one or two others on here and, based on what I saw at the ground anyway, it's just not true.

Playing against Colchester in front of 4,000 fans is just about Slade's level.

He won the game, well done to him for that, that's about as good as it will get with him in charge.

On the plus side we managed 54% possession last night

I'd much rather try a tactical change at 3-0 up against Colchester and look nervy for 20 minutes than try it at 0-0 in the league and look nervy for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 10:34
    I'd much rather try a tactical change at 3-0 up against Colchester and look nervy for 20 minutes than try it at 0-0 in the league and look nervy for 20 minutes.
    Hard to get excited thee days - but definitely interesting.

Some other things to take away from last night....
    Didn't miss Marshall as keeper or captain.
    Didn't miss Gunner.
    ALF isnt even an impact player anymore.
    Jones scores goals.
    Fast and accurate passing wins games, both Cardiff and Colchester did this well in parts.
    Sloppy passing can REALLY cost you if your team has a more offensive setup.
    Macheda is a poor player.
    Ralls is improving.
    Harris is a handful and complements Noone. Like Fabio and Brayford should.
    Whittingham may not be the player many think he should be, or think he is capable or being, but he does put a shift in and can still deliver some awesome crosses.
    Adeyemi is a "Route One" player.
    Declan John is not fast enough and is a very sloppy passer.

On balance I'll give the team 7/10 and Slade 5/10 and there's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 10:39
    Well there is that.
    Jan to Feb will be very interesting. Not just because it's the transfer window but because it's our toughest month for fixtures left, if we're in touching distance of the play-offs we could still do it!

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 10:48
    Well there is that.
    Though it could be seen that the Manager and players ought to be more confident and in tune with all of this 'football game malarkey' by now ..
    You are hoping for a surge?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 10:52
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 10:48
    Well there is that.
    Though it could be seen that the Manager and players ought to be more confident and in tune with all of this 'football game malarkey' by now ..
    I get the strong feeling that RS has no real pull over the squad, and no real pull over the fans. Who knows what the Owner and board think..
    Ever since I joined