+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phil Babb

Phil Babb

An ex player who I'd more or less forgotten about was on the Danny Baker show earlier this morning. Manager of Hayes & Yeading now, very articulate and interesting, was on for a good three quarters of an hour without a hint of a 'y'know' or 'as I say'. Fighting Talk on now, love five live on a Saturday morning

Re: Phil Babb

I once named my fantasy team babbscaleswrightdicks after the Liverpool back 4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 11:26
    I once named my fantasy team babbscaleswrightdicks after the Liverpool back 4.
    Seeing Julian Dicks' name reminds me of when Bristol City fans were unhappy with Alan Dicks, 'Dicks Out' was the chant, same with Arthur Cox at Newcastle

Alan Dicks - Top Man. When the Shitheads got promoted into old Division 1, we (Barry Boys U16's) went to play Bristol City Boys. Went to Ashton Gate for post match meal but cancelled due to a civic reception to celebrate their promotion. Alan Dicks gave us a guided tour of the ground and £50 notes for food and drink on way home. A lot of cash back in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 11:08
    An ex player who I'd more or less forgotten about was on the Danny Baker show earlier this morning. Manager of Hayes & Yeading now, very articulate and interesting, was on for a good three quarters of an hour without a hint of a 'y'know' or 'as I say'. Fighting Talk on now, love five live on a Saturday morning
    Yes thought the same , and a good sense of humour

Phil Babb will always be remembered for sliding into the goalpost and crushing his bollocks.

Whenever I see or hear Phil Babb I can't help[ but wince a little bit.

didnt he play for the England B team in USA 1994