+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ralls and adeymi both good last night

Ralls and adeymi both good last night

Fair play to joe ralls- a very brave player as always available for the ball. Turner didn't do any of his infamous cross field balls as ralls was always available to take it from him, instead of gunnarson hiding or running away. Also some good forward runs and seemed the loudest player on the pitch.

Adeymi also impressive- got a great engine and is tough. Late on in the game he won a defensive header in our own box then raced 80 yards to win a free kick just outside their box.

I know it was against a side in league 1 but we struggle to do a few things in centre midfield with gunnarson and whittingham as the partnership-

1. Compete- both are not afraid to compete.

2. Keep possession- ralls is not perfect but probably the best we have at doing it.

3. Give options to our defenders when in possession- as stated earlier ralls in particular.

4. Get us up the pitch- mainly adeymi but ralls can drive as well.

5. Talk- as stated communication seemed much better.

I don't dislike gunnarson or Whittingham as they both have good qualities but for me its a pretty awful partnership and ralls and adeymi is about as good as we have.

Re: Ralls and adeymi both good last night

agree'ed, both put in good show's last night

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 11:46
    Fair play to joe ralls- a very brave player as always available for the ball. Turner didn't do any of his infamous cross field balls as ralls was always available to take it from him, instead of gunnarson hiding or running away. Also some good forward runs and seemed the loudest player on the pitch.
    Stick with Adeyemi and Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 11:53
    Adeymi also impressive- got a great engine and is tough. Late on in the game he won a defensive header in our own box then raced 80 yards to win a free kick just outside their box.
    No idea on the lone striker or the guy in the hole though!

This with Kenwyne up top on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 12:00
    I know it was against a side in league 1 but we struggle to do a few things in centre midfield with gunnarson and whittingham as the partnership-
    Agree with that-they did Whittingham's donkey work for him which is fair enough.Stick with them.

[quote title=GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 12:03][quote title=Stavross CCFC wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 12:00][quote title=Hilts wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 11:53][quote title=Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 11:46]Fair play to joe ralls- a very brave player as always available for the ball. Turner didn't do any of his infamous cross field balls as ralls was always available to take it from him, instead of gunnarson hiding or running away. Also some good forward runs and seemed the loudest player on the pitch.

1. Compete- both are not afraid to compete.

2. Keep possession- ralls is not perfect but probably the best we have at doing it.

3. Give options to our defenders when in possession- as stated earlier ralls in particular.

4. Get us up the pitch- mainly adeymi but ralls can drive as well.

5. Talk- as stated communication seemed much better.

I don't dislike gunnarson or Whittingham as they both have good qualities but for me its a pretty awful partnership and ralls and adeymi is about as good as we have.[/quote]

They should both keep their places.

However we still need another in the centre.

We got worse yesterdat when Le Fondre came on for Whitts.

If Slade goes back to Whitts and Gunner in a 2 man centre then we may as well start preparing for League 1.

Ralls isnt the finished article. But hes energetic , shoots , is always available for a pass and is not afraid to be in possession of the ball.

Turner gets criticised for hoofing it. But what choice does he have when those in front just dont want it and are not good enough on the ball.

Stick with Adeyemi and Ralls.
    [/quote]

4-5-1 with Whitts, Ralls and Adeyami. Frees Whitts up and gives him more time on the ball, strengthens an area where we have been weak with the extra and provides decent energy from Adeyami and Ralls.

This with Kenwyne up top on his own.[/quote]
    Agree with that-they did Whittingham's donkey work for him which is fair enough.Stick with them.[/quote

I am a little biased as I have been calling for that midfield 5 for a while!
    But yes I think thats the best we have.

^^^^ this

I've been saying for ages that we need 5 in the middle and to supplement Whitts quality we need other types of players i.e young legs. With Slade's determination to play two up top the only way to get 5 in the middle is to go 3-5-2 with attacking wing backs at home. That way we fit Whitts Adeyemi and Ralls into a middle three. I'm sure that Adeyemi and Ralls need an old head to help their development too.

I can't see any reason to not go into the next game with the same midfield. They deserve at least 70 minutes together at championship level to see what they can do.

I would add Declan John , he has promise, Its a bit of a deja vu situation for us I remember us having promising young players and new signings and not picking them first off or loaning them our or selling, and not giving enough time to bed in :

Gunter
    Mutch ( took a while for Malky to pick him )
    Noone ( took a while for Malky to pick him )
    Matthews
    Ramsey ( never got enough games should have been 1st pick in the FA Cup final team)
    Ralls ( last year )
    Kadem

perhaps at last young promising players will now get a chance under Slade

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:25
    I would add Declan John , he has promise, Its a bit of a deja vu situation for us I remember us having promising young players and new signings and not picking them first off or loaning them our or selling, and not giving enough time to bed in :
    Yes and regardless I would rather watch Harris, ralls and john for us than more experienced, better paid players just stopping by here.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:12
    I can't see any reason to not go into the next game with the same midfield. They deserve at least 70 minutes together at championship level to see what they can do.
    Replace Noone with Pilkington

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 14:26
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:12
    Replace Noone with Pilkington
    He showed signs of looking decent before his injury actually.

Spedger

I'd like to see Adeyemi, Ralls and Whitts as a three in midfield,,maybe Whitts further forward. Kadeem and Noone on the wings with a jones up front.

And for gods sake why aren't we playing Fabio???

Yes they were and Harris was crap

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Blue wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:09
    I've been saying for ages that we need 5 in the middle and to supplement Whitts quality we need other types of players i.e young legs. With Slade's determination to play two up top the only way to get 5 in the middle is to go 3-5-2 with attacking wing backs at home. That way we fit Whitts Adeyemi and Ralls into a middle three. I'm sure that Adeyemi and Ralls need an old head to help their development too.
    You seem to be building your team around Whitts? Why? Also you seem to be suggesting that Whitts 'brings on' the young lads despite him never ever showing any leadership qualities in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 18:32
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Blue wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:09
    You seem to be building your team around Whitts? Why? Also you seem to be suggesting that Whitts 'brings on' the young lads despite him never ever showing any leadership qualities in the past.
    You've forgotten that we don't have 2 forwards who a) can last 90 minutes and b) are worth their place. Of course that he wants to play Whitts is the real problem.