+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City win, but why such a tiny crowd?

City win, but why such a tiny crowd?

Re: City win, but why such a tiny crowd?

Because the football is dire

I think the low crowd was down to the fans boycotting. I fully agree with your final paragraph though. That Derby game will give a truer reflection. What I'd like to see is a large turnout for the protest and then fans not entering to watch the match.

Tickets had to be paid for and the game was on TV.

The football the team is playing is shockingly bad. The opposition is not one people really wanted to watch.

The game came straight after an expensive Christmas and new year for many people.

Re the match- yeah agree, see my post further down about adeymi and ralls combo. No mention of macheda or jones though?

Re the crowd- clearly a combination of factors but overall it wasn't too bad considering was on terrestrial tv. What was most embarrassing for the club was that even the 4,000 odd who did bother to attend- the large majority had blue on.

Quote Originally Posted by DSW wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 12:45
    I think the low crowd was down to the fans boycotting. I fully agree with your final paragraph though. That Derby game will give a truer reflection. What I'd like to see is a large turnout for the protest and then fans not entering to watch the match.
    its apathy not a boycott

Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:08
    Quote Originally Posted by DSW wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 12:45
    its apathy not a boycott
    It was an apathycott.

Looking at the figures for past unattractive ties and I'd guess around 1,000 to 3,000 were boycotting while the rest were simply staying away.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:26
    Looking at the figures for past unattractive ties and I'd guess around 1,000 to 3,000 were boycotting while the rest were simply staying away.
    Problem is none of the others were on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:34
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:26
    Problem is none of the others were on tv.
    How much do you think that knocked off? If you look at the 6,000 at NP against Leyton Orient (that was "Orient Express Stopped at Whitt's End" I believe) or the 5,000 for Burton at CCS what percentage do you reckon wouldn't have been there if it was on TV? I reckon those figures are pretty close to what we should have been able to predict for last night and thus there were some missing because they're annoyed at the situation. Of course you could then look at the away fans, the date of the game etc. but as a rough guide only it's pretty fair, the TV cameras made it easier for those already planning on missing to do so moreso than putting off those thinking about going.

Without tv it would have been 3pm today. I think there would've been around 8000 for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 14:21
    Without tv it would have been 3pm today. I think there would've been around 8000 for that.
    Impressive.

They were not all tiny, there were some tall people there as well.

R 2 B.