+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Following on from adeymi and ralls- Connolly and turner should be given a run together

Following on from adeymi and ralls- Connolly and turner should be given a run together

A major part of football is partnerships. It is simply not chucking players out there and expecting it to work. Ole didn't seem to understand this and was doomed to failure as a result.

For me Connolly and turner is a decent partnership and should be given a run together. They can both defend and seem to work quite well together.

Manga is off anyway but to be honest he hasn't looked very interested to me recently. Morrison is ok but no better than Connolly or turner- from what I've seen he is worse actually.

I know recent results have really got us all down but taking a step back now- a back 5 of marshall. Brayford, turner, Connolly and Malone has a nice balance to it and is very much championship standard.

I really hope slade begins to develop the partnerships right the way through the team now- I actually think he will.

I certainly hope so anyway and the nightmare period of 2014 of random individuals being selected to perform as individuals with no team structure or game plan whatsoever has come to an end.

Re: Following on from adeymi and ralls- Connolly and turner should be given a run together

Bruno will be gone - so to Fabio it seems. Burgstaller, Berget will also be out of it soon, so to Kimbo.

People may want a settled side - but it's hard to fathom out who should be in this settled side - and it wont make a bit of difference until they have someone in the middle of the park who can boss it - and a team that can follow the directions given it by Slade or from what I have seen Scott Young.

I'm unconvinced by all of them - From Slade & Young right down to Marshall. The confidence is gone and there is no one there to built it back up again

Re: Following on from adeymi and ralls- Connolly and turner should be given a run together

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:23
    Bruno will be gone - so to Fabio it seems. Burgstaller, Berget will also be out of it soon, so to Kimbo.
    For now we have to stabilize and not go into free fall- and a partnership of turner and Connolly with Brayford and Malone as full backs is our best bet for now. Already a back 5 without any of ole's signings- considering how much he spent (£4 million on Morrison- come on!) says everything you need to know.

Connolly is a class act at centre half at this level as his promotion record shows.

I haven't see enough of Malone to say whether he would give balance or not, have you or are you guessing? Whichever it seems that Malone and Brayford are our starting fullbacks now.

Morrison has added goals to a pretty unspectacular forward line thus far, do we dare drop him? Then again Manga, Hudson, Connolly and Turner is a better CB squad than losing Hudson for Morrison has been so far. I'm happy to go with Connolly and Turner to give us a real solid base as long as we have Ralls willing to drop back and give the option to Turner.

It's fast becoming apparent that our best players are the ones that were at the club pre Ole. What a waste of cash, time , and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 14:00
    It's fast becoming apparent that our best players are the ones that were at the club pre Ole. What a waste of cash, time , and effort.
    We've spent millions and millions going nowhere good in the past 3 windows and it's because of the structure Tan set up.

This is why the vitriol and shit Slade is getting is completely unwarranted. He's having to deal with the huge mess Solskjaer made with his kid in a candy shop approach to recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 14:06
    We've spent millions and millions going nowhere good in the past 3 windows and it's because of the structure Tan set up.
    However Malkys final transfer window was also an unqualified disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:59
    I haven't see enough of Malone to say whether he would give balance or not, have you or are you guessing? Whichever it seems that Malone and Brayford are our starting fullbacks now.
    Yeah as I said in my other thread someone like ralls is crucial if turner is to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 14:09
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 14:06
    Nobody will be more critical than me of ole's time here and his 2 transfer windows in particular.
    it seems Slade, is going to strengthen in areas we need, a left back. Would love to see tuner given the armband, we have enough quality, just need to build confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 14:09
    This is why the vitriol and shit Slade is getting is completely unwarranted. He's having to deal with the huge mess Solskjaer made with his kid in a candy shop approach to recruitment.
    Any flak the manager is taking is completely warranted. Any half decent manager would have us in the playoffs with this squad.

connolly is a liability, and keeps giving the ball away or conceding free kicks.

League 1 player at best

Connolly is not as good as he was a couple of seasons ago and nowhere near as good as Manga. I agree that Ralls and Adeyami should be given a run. Tom looks the business and Ralls is improving all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 13:11
    A major part of football is partnerships. It is simply not chucking players out there and expecting it to work. Ole didn't seem to understand this and was doomed to failure as a result.
    He will not trust Adeyemi and Ralls in the league and to be fair it's a big ask for these two young lads to carry the team. He has to get two absolute quality central midfielders, but who is going to get excited about a call from Russell Slade?

Quote Originally Posted by thomas wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 17:14
    connolly is a liability, and keeps giving the ball away or conceding free kicks.
    Hasn't he been in 3 championship winning squads? He might not be a top level defender but league 1?

'Run' is not a word commonly used when talking about Connolly & Turner.

I am hoping that Slade has seen the light and will play an extra man in midfield now.
    You will recall in the second half of our champ winning season Whitts was dropped and we looked stronger with Mutch and Gunnar in the engine room.Adetemi and Gunnar in there, with Whitts playing ahead sounds good to me, With Jones a lone striker.
    I am relaxed about Connolly and Turner, a decent pairing at this level. Manga has definitely gone backwards lately.