+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What happens if Ched Evans is cleared on appeal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What happens if Ched Evans is cleared on appeal?

Anyone got any thoughts?

Re: What happens if Ched Evans is cleared on appeal?

Then he will be out of a job.

Ones thing for sure if he does or doesn't win his appeal this board will go into overdrive with plenty of " I told you so " comments

There will be a lot of humble pie to be eaten by all sorts of people. He should concentrate on either clearing his name rather than getting into football or try and make a living outside the game.

I don't think he will. I hope he does and it turns out the evidence we've heard is false but I can't imagine that happening.

He's still guilty at the moment though so I think those who've spoken out against him have every right to do so .

I can't understand how the conviction is safe when two people committed the same act and one got off and Evans didn't. If Evans wins his appeal he will be able to claim compensation with an amount deducted for his board and lodge at Her Majesty's pleasure (I kid you not). If the conviction is lifted there will be nothing preventing him from continuing his career as a footballer.

As matters stand he is a convicted rapist and you can hardly blame any football club for not wanting to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 12:36
    I can't understand how the conviction is safe when two people committed the same act and one got off and Evans didn't. If Evans wins his appeal he will be able to claim compensation with an amount deducted for his board and lodge at Her Majesty's pleasure (I kid you not). If the conviction is lifted there will be nothing preventing him from continuing his career as a footballer.
    So if new evidence comes to light that means he wins his appeal on the grounds that the courts / cps / police didn't follow procedures correctly then he may not be acquitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 12:36
    I do though, firmly believe that he should be allowed to get on with his career now.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cheapo wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 12:13
    Anyone got any thoughts?
    Who's liable for that tho'?

The media will then call him unconvicted rapist Ched Evans

Means he maybe given a new chance in life , if it fails he is buggered until he apologises personally to the victim and to the public in general ?

He refuses to play for Sheff Utd!

Why did he sneak in and out of the hotel on a fraudulently obtained room card? So many apologists refusing to look at the whole story

Quote Originally Posted by kevinNugentsHead wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:14
    Why did he sneak in and out of the hotel on a fraudulently obtained room card? So many apologists refusing to look at the whole story
    I still can't believe so many people are backing him; found guilty, appeal lost and now he's going to try and get another evidence appeal. I've never seen so many people willing to stick up for a convicted rapist before!

s.76 Sexual Offences Act 2003

Conclusive presumptions about consent.

(1)If in proceedings for an offence to which this section applies it is proved that the defendant did the relevant act and that any of the circumstances specified in subsection (2) existed, it is to be conclusively presumed-- .
    (a)that the complainant did not consent to the relevant act, and .
    (b)that the defendant did not believe that the complainant consented to the relevant act. .
    (2)The circumstances are that-- .
    (a)the defendant intentionally deceived the complainant as to the nature or purpose of the relevant act; .
    (b)the defendant intentionally induced the complainant to consent to the relevant act by impersonating a person known personally to the complainant. ..

Stone cold sober having sex with a passed out girl after sneaking into your mates hotel room while your brother and mate watched through the window. How can anyone defend this is beyond me!

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:21
    Stone cold sober having sex with a passed out girl after sneaking into your mates hotel room while your brother and mate watched through the window. How can anyone defend this is beyond me!
    I can only conclude that there were people of the same view on the jury. What Evans did was deeply, deeply unpleasent. A lot of people have trouble differentiating this from undertaking a criminal act. You seem to be one of them, by all means feel free to draw a conclusion on the case using the evidence at hand, but just because you dont like what Evans did on the night does not make it rape.

Quote Originally Posted by CityViking wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 23:04
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:21
    I can only conclude that there were people of the same view on the jury. What Evans did was deeply, deeply unpleasent. A lot of people have trouble differentiating this from undertaking a criminal act. You seem to be one of them, by all means feel free to draw a conclusion on the case using the evidence at hand, but just because you dont like what Evans did on the night does not make it rape.
    I'm not calling him a violent rapist (different types of rape are a whole other can of worms) but he is guilty imo

If he is cleared on appeal then clearly that would mean that additional or different aspects have come to light since the trial and (obviously) his guilt would be overturned.
    At that point he should be considered innocent.

By the same token, he is currently considered guilty.

The law is far from perfect, and is often altogether too black & white - i.e. 'totally guilty vs. completely absolved' - with very few shades in between.
    Currently the law says that he is guilty.

I'm getting seriously annoyed by these 'when I win big ' tweet stories. There is no proof, or even valid reason to believe that these tweets were in any way related to the rape. I have conversations on many euromillions Fridays about what i'd buy for my friends and family if I won. Considering she's on about buying cars and holidays, it seems a bit far fetched to link that directly to a few thousand pounds worth of compo.

I find that Ched evans website to be pretty awful. Some of the lines of attack that they take against the girl are out and out bullying. the bit abut the cocaine has no relation to anything, it's just a cheap shot at the victim.

She's had to change her identity 5 times since the case in fear of her life.

Even if she did tweet that afterwards, surely how vapid she is had no bearing on the case?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cheapo wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 12:13
    Anyone got any thoughts?
    Then the Guinness world record for CCMB bumped posts will be smashed.

Banned

There seems to be quite a few guilty conscienses in this thread.

Just my personal feeling here, I reckon he will be. I have little faith in the British legal system mind. The tax payer will end up forking out millions in damages to him when the truth comes out.