+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Consultation meeting to take place

Consultation meeting to take place

Sensible debate here please. Club recognising that things are not right and are willing to listen. Needs strong voices here with valid arguments.

club statement

Cardiff City Football Club recognises that one of the key assets the Club has is its fan base. In recognition of their importance, Vincent Tan has asked Cardiff City Chairman Mehmet Dalman and CEO Ken Choo to invite a cross-section of supporters and stakeholders for a consultative meeting, including but not exclusive to the Cardiff City Supporters Club and Supporters Trust.

As such a meeting has been scheduled on Thursday 8 January 2015, with invitations being compiled and sent today, Monday 5 January.

The purpose of the consultation meeting is to give supporters an opportunity to openly share their views on a number of topics in relation the Club.

We care about our fans and their views are important to us.

Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-c onsultation-meeting-planned-2183520.aspx#uqexermo1MQv459Q.99

Re: Consultation meeting to take place

I struggle to see the point of this consultation when the stance remains that the fans want a return to blue, and the owner doesn't.

Maybe this meeting stems from the belief that the colour is not the issue, because we have seen 2 and a half season of tolerance.

Return to blue. Problems go away. Everything else is part and parcel of being a football fan

Well good luck with it Mike but for me things have got to the stage where Tan going is the only solution to stem the decay at this club. Would like to be more positive and I hope others are for you but that's the bottom line for me I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:45
    Return to blue. Problems go away. Everything else is part and parcel of being a football fan
    This is the answer but he won't see that..

It strikes me as one of the old PR meetings where fans would go in with pitchforks and come out skipping with delight.

Really hope we can find solutions going forward now, but I won't hold my breath.

It really is that simple isn't it. Frustrating not playing well, or winning, or not signing the players we all want, but we've all been through this over the years as does every other fan to differing degrees. We'd moan like hell about it but that's not really the point.

Bizarre, they say "We care about our fans and their views are important to us." but don't even have the basic common decency of contacting their season ticket holders!

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:47
    Exactly, however i cannot see this meeting as an announcement as a return to blue.
    That was exactly what I thought of. Everything seemed OK after a Ridsdale meeting, when in reality nothing would change. He as like Medusa.

Good. Positive stuff from the club, time to embrace compromise.

Seems like a positive step to me.

Isnt it the first time in recent times that any kind of meeting with supporters has been arranged (and actually gone ahead)?

Meh.

It'll be the usual "inner circle super fans" who get invited to these things.

Good step in the right direction, at least the club's listening now, hopefully they will take some positive action too.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:53
    Meh.
    Thats positive.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:50
    Exactly, however i cannot see this meeting as an announcement as a return to blue.
    It strikes me as one of the old PR meetings where fans would go in with pitchforks and come out skipping with delight.
    Lastly I hope they can see scope to include some fans that have walked away as their views of the running of the club may be as important at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:48
    Bizarre, they say "We care about our fans and their views are important to us." but don't even have the basic common decency of contacting their season ticket holders!
    Will be interesting to see who the cross-section includes.

Meh.
    Doesn't need a consultation to understand the issues supporters have. Return the the blue kit and bluebird prominent on the badge and a lot of the issues go away.

I think a point worth making is, if we look at the other 91 clubs in the football league. We are the only one that has had a radical change of colour. The badge, while important, is not as noticeable as the colour.

We've had more bad press than good, why can't the club see that the only way to positively move forward, is to embrace our traditional colours and unite the club with the fanbase.

Pretty much all other 91 clubs do this as a general rule, we shouldn't have to protest for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:56
    Meh.
    Don't you see this as a first step in achieving that at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:53
    Isnt it the first time in recent times that any kind of meeting with supporters has been arranged (and actually gone ahead)?
    Its not gone ahead yet Jimmy, I can see there being a communication malfunction as soon as Blue is 1st mentioned and a test card with a young girl appearing holding a ragdoll wearing a Red kit

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:55
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:50
    That was exactly what I thought of. Everything seemed OK after a Ridsdale meeting, when in reality nothing would change. He as like Medusa.
    Although as you say the offer needs to be treated as some sort of olive branch to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:55
    Meh.
    After all the shit the club has put us through, it's going to take a lot more than suggesting a meeting to make me feel positive. Action not words; if the words lead to action then fair enough. We're a long way from that.

Out of curiosity, anyone know when the kits/colours for next season have to be submitted to the FA?