+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BEFORE THE THURSDAY MEETING THOSE INVITED AND WHO THEY ARE REPRESENTING SHOULD BE PUBLISHED.

Re: BEFORE THE THURSDAY MEETING THOSE INVITED AND WHO THEY ARE REPRESENTING SHOULD BE PUBLISHED.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 08:59
    TOBW is an obvious choice. He's level headed, articulate and perhaps representative of the majority of fans in his stance to the rebrand i.e. going from passive to resistant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 08:58
    That's his writing but Is he someone who stands up and gets heard in these style of meetings? Many meessageboard types aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 08:08
    Ultimately the club have to put this together at 72 hours notice so can only contact those they know in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:21
    If I could only nominate one person from here, it would be TOBW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:17
    This is a messageboard, how could we know who is the type to stand up and be heard in a meeting (if you can call this a meeting)? People might blow their own trumpet and say they can, but I'd choose someone who I know is thoughtful, erudite and fair over someone who is forceful.
    That's true as well.

Re: BEFORE THE THURSDAY MEETING THOSE INVITED AND WHO THEY ARE REPRESENTING SHOULD BE PUBLISHED.

For the sake of transparency, Mike has invited me and after giving it plenty of thought last night, I will be attending.

Like others I've got reservations over the number of people attending - unless it's really tightly chaired, meetings of the size mentioned can quickly descend into chaos.

I'm also concerned that the meeting is just a PR stunt designed to take the sting out of the forthcoming protests. It's maybe not the best analogy but we've seen big business use similar tactics many times to stave off the threat of industrial action. It's far more difficult to protest/take action when dissenting parties are involved in ongoing 'dialogue.' I've not had any involvement in the organisation of the planned unified protests but I think it's important that the organisers stick together and unless there is a firm commitment in the next few weeks to reverse the rebrand in time for next season, they should protest as planned.

As regards, "who am I representing?" Well, primarily, I am representing myself and I've certainly never been a member of any inner (or outer, for that matter!) circles but I will also do my best to represent the views of ordinary supporters who are strongly opposed to the rebrand.

Glad to hear you're going Alfie.
    I remain concerned that this is just a stunt, I'm not sure what the club's strategy or hoped for outcomes are, but I suspect they are either hopeful of a disagreement among fans resulting in a "well we gave them to chance to talk but it all went badly wrong" or an attempt to quell any talk of boycotts/non-renewals with a vague and false promise of change. Remember the fans vote on the colour of the shorts? I can't recall the final choice (white?) but it sure as hell wasn't the red (Tan's original choice remember) that the team are currently wearing.

I'm a season ticket holder, seriously questioning whether I want to renew or not and have committed to boycotting any cup games. All I want is Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea (c) TM wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:18
    This, at the very least, is a must.
    Why ?

As long as someone is going there to stick two fingers up to the clubs suggestion that they've been interested in our views, someone is going to query why they've ducked and dived debt to equity like it's a wrench and someone is going to point out that while a return to blue won't fix all problems very, very, very few problems can be fixed without it I don't mind who goes.

I agree that it's a meeting that will be controlled, even if it's by allowing chaos to which they protest that they couldn't hear anything over fans arguing with each other and why should they listen if fans can't 100% agree, and that it's meant to take the wind out of future protest but we wanted a meeting to express our views so let's make the most of it. Perhaps it would also be good to arrange a future meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 09:18
    For the sake of transparency, Mike has invited me and after giving it plenty of thought last night, I will be attending.
    I look forward to getting a mention in the minutes.

In the circumstances it's probably the best we can realistically ask for, short of a genuine and verified poll instigated by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 09:13
    The worry for me is that people get emotional - no matter how emotive the subject is. It's a meeting called for what could be a number of reasons but It HAS been called and no matter how negative people feel they have to be sensible about it. It might be that Tan is counting on this, that the meeting degenerates into a shouting match.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:28
    Respect is the key. It doesn't have to be genuine but there has to be an outward display of respect for Tan. He has played games with Cardiff City and the only way to even hope for a resolution is to play the game too.
    If fans can just show a little nous, and a bit of patience, it could be that this awful episode really does only take up three years of our existence - not so long when you look at it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:41
    Like others I've got reservations over the number of people attending - unless it's really tightly chaired, meetings of the size mentioned can quickly descend into chaos.
    I think one deranged lunatic is more than enough

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 13:17
    The worry for me is that people get emotional - no matter how emotive the subject is. It's a meeting called for what could be a number of reasons but It HAS been called and no matter how negative people feel they have to be sensible about it. It might be that Tan is counting on this, that the meeting degenerates into a shouting match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 09:13
    Respect is the key. It doesn't have to be genuine but there has to be an outward display of respect for Tan. He has played games with Cardiff City and the only way to even hope for a resolution is to play the game too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:28
    " We respect Mr Tan and that he came to help this club. We respect that he has invested his money into the club and thank him. We want nothing more than to bring our relationship back to where it was before the club was rebranded. Please Mr Tan we realise it was only ever your intention to do your best for our club but with the rebrand unfortunately it was just too much. We respect your culture and customs in Malaysia but the colour blue and our badge is as important to us as your country and religion is to you. Even if it cannot be done overnight can you consider a staged change back to where we were? We will give our support to you and this club in the process"
    A nice thought but sadly I don't think it is possible. Our 'Home" strip is declared and can't be changed until next season. but he could promise that and play away and any cup games in blue I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:54
    IMO there should be a balanced crowd not the usual suspects. Kieth Morgan and Paul Evans certainly get my vote along with the likes of BTB, Mike Gale, From this board i would like to see any from the following: Under the splott light, Lawnmower, Dr Lecter, Ian Gibson Sludge Factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 13:29
    IMO there should be a balanced crowd not the usual suspects. Kieth Morgan and Paul Evans certainly get my vote along with the likes of BTB, Mike Gale, From this board i would like to see any from the following: Under the splott light, Lawnmower, Dr Lecter, Ian Gibson Sludge Factory.
    Spedger
    Yeah, that'll work - smiling and sticking your thumb up everytime TLG says anything, and playing your violin everytime Dalman opens his gob.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 13:35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 13:29
    Spedger