+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thursday's meeting at the CCS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thursday's meeting at the CCS

I got a call from Wayne Nash early this afternoon inviting me to attend the meeting at the Cardiff City Stadium on Thursday evening. As far as I can gather from our brief conversation, the purpose of the meeting is simply to enable a cross-section of supporters to express their feelings on the rebrand and the current situation at the football club directly to Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo. The Chairman and CEO will then pass those views on to owner Vincent Tan, who apparently requested that this meeting be set up. As far as I'm aware, there is no pre-planned agenda of any kind.

Those invited include officers from CCSC and CCST, members of the club's Travel Group, contributors to the two main message boards and a handful of fans who have been randomly selected from the database. CCFC officials are seemingly keen to involve supporters with a wide variety of views on the club and the rebrand in particular, ranging from those who have accepted or embraced the changes to those who have been boycotting matches since the rebrand was confirmed (hence my invitation).

I was initially cautious about accepting the invitation, but did so after being encouraged to attend by several other people who are currently boycotting games. That's about as much as I can tell you at this stage.

Re: Thursday's meeting at the CCS

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:07
    I got a call from Wayne Nash early this afternoon inviting me to attend the meeting at the Cardiff City Stadium on Thursday evening. As far as I can gather from our brief conversation, the purpose of the meeting is simply to enable a cross-section of supporters to express their feelings on the rebrand and the current situation at the football club directly to Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo. The Chairman and CEO will then pass those views on to owner Vincent Tan, who apparently requested that this meeting be set up. As far as I'm aware, there is no pre-planned agenda of any kind.
    I bet you were. You wouldn't miss it for the world.

Good. We need passionate fans there who can articulate I'm no uncertain terms what a ****ing shambles the rebrand has been from day 1.

Time to bury the hatchet and come together as one United fan base. I'd say it would be worthwhile agreeing an agenda before the meeting. Here is my thoughts

1. The rebrand - are we going back to our traditional colours and badge?

2. AOB

I thought it was a cross section of "FANS" TLG is not one

Look forward to a report on it.

Banned

You don't even go to games !!!
    You don't represent me spider Fack!!!
    The "normal" fans like me and Steve R, won't get an invite.
    This is not fair.
    Wayne Nash won't call me.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:12
    Ya too busy looking at the constellations mun. You should have seen the no invite in the stars, what type of astronomer are you mystic meg you aint.

Tan won't budge but I reckon if he doesn't like what he hears then he could consider pulling the plug. Could dictate possible transfers in this window.

Quote Originally Posted by nathansfmachine wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:19
    Tan won't budge but I reckon if he doesn't like what he hears then he could consider pulling the plug. Could dictate possible transfers in this window.
    15 replies in 12 minutes.

Perhaps our representatives could wear coolie hats so there is no misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:43
    You mean ....
    Yep I think so, the fact that Tan hasn't been to a game all season suggests that he has lost interest so I reckon this will be the excuse he needs to get rid. Has to happen eventually I guess and hopefully the worst that will happen is that we are playing Pompey in Div 2. Then if the city of Cardiff wants to have a decent level of football then the population will show that by getting behind the side.

i hope something positive can come from this meeting

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:15
    It won't, didn't you hear tans Christmas day statement.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf2013 wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:17
    Time will tell.

Does Tan really need to invite fans in to find out the feelings on the rebrand?

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf2013 wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:17
    I honestly don't expect too much but there is a slight glimmer of hope that our club can be united again.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 21:33
    I completely agree with you, but i am confused why they are inviting TLG.
    I'm still presuming the aim of the meeting is to tell people they are killing the club, and they have a choice of supporting Tan or the club folding.

easy draw cambridge

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poc wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:15

Quote Originally Posted by poc wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:15
    I've not seen the draw but I will guess that trafford park United have drawn Cambridge?

I am playing golf in Bristol and having a jolly afterwards, its a bloody good job Wayne Nash did not bother ringing Rocco as I would have told him to swivel .

I don't care who they invite, as long as the outcome gives back Cardiff's blue heritage, I will still attend the games, whatever the outcome of the meeting " city till I Die"

Your track record of supporting the City, and indeed your knowledge of the club is second to none, so your credentials as a fan are not up for debate. Hopefully, your story will highlight the lunacy of the rebrand.