+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO the fans who are attending the meeting

FAO the fans who are attending the meeting

Are you going to canvass questions from fans on here & ****, or are you just going to turn up with your own questions to ask? Only the Trust have got a mandate to talk on behalf of it's members, the rest of you are basically representing yourselves.

I know your views are pretty much shared by most, if not all of us on these boards these days, but meetings like this don't come along very often, so to get the maximum out if it don't you think you should at least find out specific questions & concerns off us to put to the club?

If we want the club to be transparent the fans need to be aswell.

If it turns out that we (as in the uninvited fans) can add nothing that you weren't planning to ask anyway, at least give us the opportunity to find that out beforehand so we know we are definitely 100% on the same page beforehand.

Re: FAO the fans who are attending the meeting

Ever since the rebrand came about we've had post after post about who's being represented by who and how Person A might have a different view to Person B who has a similar view to Person C but isn't quite the same as that of Person D who's pretty much on the same pages as Person E who wholeheartedly agrees with Person A who completely disagrees with Person F who is in fact best mates with Person B.

The fans tied themselves up in knots from the beginning and it's half the reason we're in the mess we're in.

It's simple - do you want a return to blue or not? Whichever way you have someone representing you okay?

I'm no fan of the way the club is run but do you expect them to wade through the drivel of 20,000 season ticket holders?

No?

So you agree that a cross-section of the support is the best the club can do to garner opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 09:36
    All fine and well but what about MY opinion.

Should the meeting only be about a return to blue or should other issues, such as converting debt to equity, season ticket prices and so on, be raised?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 09:45
    Should the meeting only be about a return to blue or should other issues, such as converting debt to equity, season ticket prices and so on, be raised?
    Although to be honest, my main concern over the meeting isn't the fans' representation, it's the club's; just how much of this forum will Tan a) be told about, b) give a toss about and c) act on?

I thought it was a return to blue or we dont renew meeting.

No blue no review.

There doesn't need to be a cross-section of 40 fans to tell them just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1927 wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 11:04
    There doesn't need to be a cross-section of 40 fans to tell them just that.
    Its certainly my main gripe.

Everyone is assuming that the club has arranged this to gauge opinion, Tan could very well be issuing some kind of ultimatum. Lots of us fell for "Red or Dead"
    Let us hope that he will listen, change the shirt and badge next season and announce debt to equity transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by seethatbluebirdfly wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 11:28
    Everyone is assuming that the club has arranged this to gauge opinion, Tan could very well be issuing some kind of ultimatum. Lots of us fell for "Red or Dead"
    No it will be an ultimatum in which case I feel we should tell him that we wish to return to blue. If we drop down the divisions etc so be it. Will the wider fan base wish this though?

Quote Originally Posted by nathansfmachine wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 11:33
    Quote Originally Posted by seethatbluebirdfly wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 11:28
    Let us hope that he will listen, change the shirt and badge next season and announce debt to equity transfer.
    My guess is Friday's attendance has got them rattled and there'll be a lot of promises made, whether they are fulfilled or not will be another matter

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 11:40
    My guess is Friday's attendance has got them rattled
    I think there's some truth in this. I also think that the allegedly poisonous atmosphere in the stadium is a concern to them, as are the numbers that are actually turning up to support the team (club officials will know the truth on that score).

If people think that Tan is going to change the badge and colours back then you're massively mistaken.

It's just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:12
    If people think that Tan is going to change the badge and colours back then you're massively mistaken.
    I share this opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:07
    I think there's some truth in this. I also think that the allegedly poisonous atmosphere in the stadium is a concern to them, as are the numbers that are actually turning up to support the team (club officials will know the truth on that score).
    Its time to squeeze the little bastard.

It may indeed be more than coincidental that the meeting has been called after that game, especially when only two weeks ago Tan made an announcement to dug his heels in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:15
    Having a meeting then saying no blue will do even more damage than no meeting at all.

If he doesn't listen then he can have no complaints when people take direct action.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:20
    I share this opinion.
    Are the club trying to buy time? "We'll open dialogue blah blah blah, the club faces financial difficulties blah blah blah, if fans don't renew players will be sold blah blah blah".

I have a sneaking suspicion that what we are about to see is
    a compromise Vincent Tan style.

I believe that he is not going to waiver over the colour of the shirts but I have a feeling that we could be offered back the old club badge as a way of compromise.

For me, it would be a futile move and one that I don't believe would make much difference to the fan base but I could be wrong.

For me its about the colour, I could handle the change in badge as it has happened before and will happen again no doubt but the move away from our traditional colour is the poison that is killing he club im my humble opinion.

I was offered the chance to go to the meeting but could not make it, but I am confident that the travel group operators and others will be able to put across the feelings of the majority.

I have to be honest though, I am a bit perplexed as to why some individuals have been invited to this meeting, its as if the club
    never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:25
    I share this opinion.
    The situation is deteriorating by the day almost. The more unhappy the fans become the harder for the team to do well, its
    The old 'Ridsdale Manoeuvre'....

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:25
    I share this opinion.
    The situation is deteriorating by the day almost. The more unhappy the fans become the harder for the team to do well, its
    This time next year it will become apparent what was on offer was a piece of sodden earth

Quote Originally Posted by Cannavaro wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:26
    I have a sneaking suspicion that what we are about to see is
    I refer you to my post below the OP - what else are they supposed to do?

Apparently, a crowd less than 20,000 translates into a 75% reduction in advertising revenue, this would explain the seemingly exaggerated attendance figures.