+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This meeting

This meeting

Unless Tan is using it as a way of starting the move back to blue without admitting that he made a complete arse of himself

Re: This meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 09:49
    Unless Tan is using it as a way of starting the move back to blue without admitting that he made a complete arse of himself
    If it was that I'm sure he'd want to be there himself to lap up the glory...

You never know. He could have found a cure for some types of cancer. Or be looking to start a forum on the issues surrounding the Earth's climate or growing population.

A meeting is never a waste of time.

Even if the fans there outline their feelings and how keen they are to follow certain methods of protests outlined in recent weeks (non-renewal, boycotting games, etc). At least the message will be received.

Its a level above talking about it on the internet, and the management may be getting mixed messages about what is happening so far. In regards to there have been complaints but also decent ticket sales.

Not a waste of time he might treat them all to an ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 10:02
    I'd say that at least 75% of meetings I attend are a waste of time.

Maybe the sight of the empty stadium has caused a bit of panic especially with the talk of reduced season ticket sales-a vision of the future the club want to avoid???

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 10:17
    There is no such thing as a meeting of 40+ people, it's just a session for the execs to try to gauge the feelings of the supporters and do what they can to prevent further deterioration in the relationship between the club and the fans. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and it does serve a purpose, but there is no way it's a meeting. It is highly unlikely that anything material will be agreed and I think it's only fair to the attendees that everyone realises this. People are saying that if the club does not immediately agree to a de-brand then the attendees should walk out. I actually said this too initially, but I've since realised that Tan is not going anyway and there are over 40 fans going. In any case it was poor advice as even if it was just one or two fans going, they don't have any authority to make demands on behalf of all other supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic(?) Nick wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 10:42
    Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 10:17
    I thought exactly the same thing! I reject at least half of the meeting invites I get, most of them are a waste of time.
    The main problem at the moment is that message board post achieve nothing, and i do not believe either boycotting games or boycotting merchandising sends a significant message.