+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What if Tan offers us all a target...

What if Tan offers us all a target...

Sell 30k season tickets by the FA kit deadline or its back to red!

The man likes a gamble and could well put the ball firmly back in our court with such a move. I'd like to think we could do it, if that was the offer / negotiation. Would help him save face too.

Stranger things have happened.

Re: What if Tan offers us all a target...

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:10
    And where would he be if such a device failed from the outset?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:13
    The man likes a gamble and could well put the ball firmly back in our court with such a move. I'd like to think we could do it, if that was the offer / negotiation. Would help him save face too.
    How do you mean?

I'd be all in favour if he pins it over whatever he's got instead of a heart.

Will he do that - almost certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:14
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:13
    If the proposition is met with sheer apathy and scorn. It would mean yet another association with failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:18
    This is simply just another hypothetical idea of how this may play out, albeit looking at Tan's history / culture, as opposed to the out and out negative hypotheses I've seen on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:22
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:18
    How do you mean?
    Needless to say, he has transferred much of his Fire and Passion to clubs in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:34
    How do you mean?
    If the proposition is met with sheer apathy and scorn. It would mean yet another association with failure.
    This is a huge opportunity to hopefully convince Tan that his 'ambitious' rebrand idea {unfortunately} hasn't worked. It was given a bigger chance than most people thought possible, but it has ultimately failed. So we now need to unite under blue for best chance of success for the club and therefore best chance of Tan seeing his investment back. Those are the kind of words that might persuade him - not shouting / incoherent / divided points. Good luck all those negotiating for the club's future.

How do you mean?
    Out of interest, what makes you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:54
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 19:34
    How do you mean?
    Well then we'd stay in red Don't forget that he still holds virtually all the aces.
    His word is worth absolutely nothing and he is quite a spiteful individual, as his Christmas message spelled out.

TBG.

If his words / promises are clearly stated publicly, and fully reported in the media, and he later reneges, then he can start to kiss goodbye to the other clubs he wishes to invest in.

That is our current trump card.
    We simply need to hope he is going to throw down a promise or two.

How do you mean?
    For me personally, unless a return to blue and white with a bluebird badge is announced by the club on Thursday (or shortly thereafter) I will 100% not be renewing my season ticket for 2015/16.

Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 20:06
    TBG.
    How come? His antics, promises and dishonesty have already been highlighted in the media. Money talks louder than many other factors, as we sadly know.

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 20:25
    How do you mean?
    As such the 30k figure is completely plucked out of thin air. I agree that us fans still have the total boycott card to play (if that is at all achievable) but my point was more to consider a possible new angle to negotiations and then later, on how those present may be able to influence Tan but without it descending into chaos.

Everybody getting they're hopes up with this meeting, I can only see him telling us it's either his way red or he will murder our club and will be willing to lose all his investment and just shut the club down.
    Am I the only one that is thinking he won't back down and this meeting is not going to turn out to be anything like we are hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 20:41
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 20:25
    How do you mean?
    Well then we'd stay in red Don't forget that he still holds virtually all the aces.
    I'd like someone, maybe one of the good guys like Since62 to pinch a corner of Vincents moustache and take him down to the floor, the other 41 could then tickle him while making requests weighted in favour of the fans, there is no way Mr T could refuse, not unless he enjoys soiling his pants.

How many fans would it take to get oddjob his bodyguard onto the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 20:52
    How do you mean?
    This is simply just another hypothetical idea of how this may play out, albeit looking at Tan's history / culture, as opposed to the out and out negative hypotheses I've seen on here.
    Wouldn't surprise me tbh. It simply wouldn't be Cardiff City without a circus and mad owner attached. Has been ever since I started going down in 1986 and by all accounts has been one for much longer than that...

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 20:55
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 20:52
    How do you mean?
    He doesn't hold any aces to me Arf, the 'hand' isn't worth anything to me in its current guise, as it stands I would honestly (selfishly maybe) rather no club than this pig he rode into town on.
    I want this whole debacle addressed with comedic violence, I saw ***** in the joke shop in Castle Arcade earlier buying stink bombs and a blonde wig.