+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being Realistic

Re: Being Realistic

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:31
    Remember that kit that was designed on here with blue shirt and red dragon fade or that badge on here with dragon and bluebird getting equal billing - the fans were always happy to compromise but Tan hasn't been. I don't want our starting position after 2 years of nonsense to be accepting a Palace/Basel kit with a promise of hope for the future, we'll end up with nothing but the club saying they met the fans so they do listen.
    thats the kit i was thinking of, at the time i remember a vote on here and people were happy with that,

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:30
    Realistically there won't be a compromise.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:26
    Cardiff City are still getting crowds of 20,000 so that suggests that the colour is not a big a problem as people would like to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:22
    The meeting is simply to guage public support for cheap Season Tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:18
    You havent been down there lately and are living in a bubble if you dont think they is going to be an awful lot of people giving up there season tickets.If you arent going when you have already paid for your ticket
    The bad news for Tan is that figure is diminishing by the day and he needs to stop the exodus but without giving up his ridiculous red.

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:34
    Remember that kit that was designed on here with blue shirt and red dragon fade or that badge on here with dragon and bluebird getting equal billing - the fans were always happy to compromise but Tan hasn't been. I don't want our starting position after 2 years of nonsense to be accepting a Palace/Basel kit with a promise of hope for the future, we'll end up with nothing but the club saying they met the fans so they do listen.
    thats the kit i was thinking of, at the time i remember a vote on here and people were happy with that,
    Speak for yourself, I feckin wasn't and that goes for an awful lot of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:39
    Cardiff City are still getting crowds of 20,000 so that suggests that the colour is not a big a problem as people would like to believe.
    You havent been down there lately and are living in a bubble if you dont think they is going to be an awful lot of people giving up there season tickets.If you arent going when you have already paid for your ticket
    how will a cheap ticket entice you to part with your money next season?
    Take the club and the red stick it with these easy going dont mind the colour supporters you believe inhabit the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:46
    I'm suggesting that your "awful lot of people" actually equate to a minority.
    Lets be frank here, the football is shit so the demand for tickets dwindles.

but that's almost exactly what some fans want,.. the club in admin...."Tan out at any cost" so why are you putting over as if its some sort of evil plan by Tan?

It will take steps not leaps to change back to Blue. I want a change to Blue without going into admin,( given that Tan will not change his mind) how are we going to achieve that?..My view is that we need Tan to give a commitment to sell the club by 2016 if not he returns the club to Blue by 2016. The fans in return support the club as normal whilst the club is sold or we return to Blue for the 2016/17 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:14
    What are everyone's honest views on what might be offered by the club regarding a possible compromise on kit colour?
    Only compromise I would accept is Blue home and red away

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:46
    Speak for yourself, I feckin wasn't and that goes for an awful lot of other people.
    i,m not speaking for myself, i,m saying that two years ago a lot of people on this board would of accepted the compromise kit and badge and there was a poll on different designs , that was two years ago, now, not so sure. its too late

Here's the compromise, give us our kit and badge back and we'll start buying merchandise again.

Our first premier league shirt should have been the biggest selling in our clubs history, I never buy football shirts but I'd have bought one as a souvenir for sure, instead wasn't it the lowest selling Prem kit of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:51
    If they lower prices or, at the most, continue with the freeze, then we will still get healthy attendances.
    You dont care so much, but the majority now do .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 15:58
    If they lower prices or, at the most, continue with the freeze, then we will still get healthy attendances.
    I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see a rebrand reversal but I really don't think this meeting will have that on the agenda.
    The rebrand has pulled at the heart strings of thousands but only a few have done anything about it. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by KP wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 15:50
    Here's the compromise, give us our kit and badge back and we'll start buying merchandise again.
    Arguably 20,000 sales at £40 a pop?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:06
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 15:58
    I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see a rebrand reversal but I really don't think this meeting will have that on the agenda.
    When were you last down there?
    Return to blue and 8000 against Portsmouth no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:08
    Our first premier league shirt should have been the biggest selling in our clubs history, I never buy football shirts but I'd have bought one as a souvenir for sure, instead wasn't it the lowest selling Prem kit of all time?
    And I would have bought my daughter one.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:10
    Good point. I'd certainly have bought one and I don't buy kits.

If you are correct Steve then the club will adopt the same attitude as you on Thursday and **** off any talk of returning to blue.
    Watch the fans leave in their droves.
    I agree results are everything but mix it in with the blue and its going to be a lethal concoction for our man Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:12
    If you are correct Steve then the club will adopt the same attitude as you on Thursday and **** off any talk of returning to blue.
    By the way, I am not a Tan apologist or a Red lover, just trying to put a realistic slant on proceedings.

I think we've finally got him by the short and curlies.
    NO COMPROMISE ON COLOUR!

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:12
    Watch the fans leave in their droves.
    Just not in red please.

C'mon Barrie, stop teasing, you know the Agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty-Nine wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 18:05
    C'mon Barrie, stop teasing, you know the Agenda

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 15:39
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 14:46
    i,m not speaking for myself, i,m saying that two years ago a lot of people on this board would of accepted the compromise kit and badge and there was a poll on different designs , that was two years ago, now, not so sure. its too late
    Are you representing someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:10
    Good point. I'd certainly have bought one and I don't buy kits.
    Stop talking Bollocks, they would never make one in Fat B*stard size

Unless he reverses the rebrand, he can do one.