+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: return to blue

Re: return to blue

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:18
    I would imagine Fridays game was a real shot in the arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:09
    I mean its easy for individual (and i include myself in this) to miss games to boycott merchandise, but as individuals it is covered by others not following these actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:05
    Friday gave a taste of what could be coming, and its not pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:57
    What makes it unbelievable is the talk of the fans actions being important and the way they behave at this meeting being vital. Its nonsense, the crowd and atmosphere shows there is discord and then to expect a meeting to go across without hassle is foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:54
    Fans have the right to attend this meeting show their disapproval, set-out what they will do if this trend continues, and not be blamed if the management do not like what is being said.
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:42
    But the fans actions ARE important - which is why so many of us are nervous about those going. We've reached a point where constructive, non-confrontational dialogue could achieve the change we want - yet rather than grasp that with both hands there are attitudes like yours which suggest we should rub their noses in it, because that'll show them.
    This is merely the first step, in a long process, it is certainly not the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:15
    How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?
    He is used to throwing his weight around. If City were still in the top flight this wouldn't be an issue and he'd have won.

just cant see it happening so easy. After our leader's Christmas message and all the anti-blue/Bluebirds stuff still ochestrated by Tan (no "Cardiff City, the Bluebirds" on the tannoy before the match, white tops at home (note;red tops when we play in blue away), the white kit, match-day mascots always in red, etc etc etc.... If he is sincere then he should instruct his match-day minnions to show some respect to our colour.....NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:21
    I would imagine Fridays game was a real shot in the arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:18
    I mean its easy for individual (and i include myself in this) to miss games to boycott merchandise, but as individuals it is covered by others not following these actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:09
    Friday gave a taste of what could be coming, and its not pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:05
    What makes it unbelievable is the talk of the fans actions being important and the way they behave at this meeting being vital. Its nonsense, the crowd and atmosphere shows there is discord and then to expect a meeting to go across without hassle is foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:57
    Fans have the right to attend this meeting show their disapproval, set-out what they will do if this trend continues, and not be blamed if the management do not like what is being said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:54
    But the fans actions ARE important - which is why so many of us are nervous about those going. We've reached a point where constructive, non-confrontational dialogue could achieve the change we want - yet rather than grasp that with both hands there are attitudes like yours which suggest we should rub their noses in it, because that'll show them.
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:42
    It's not the playground, and the future of this club for the next few decades could conceivably be set at this meeting. The stakes are really high in my mind and if all we need to do is be polite then, please, bite your tongue and be polite.
    I think the point being made in threads today about 000's of season ticket holders already not attending despite having paid for their tickets means that the Club is already acutely aware of the potential huge loss in support for next season even if they freeze ticket prices. They need to bring back the 'feelgood' factor and a price freeze won't do it on its own.

[quote title=Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:19][quote title=Welshcake. wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:15]How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?[/quote]

I have to say that really pissed me off - and to do it on Xmas day was not clever.[/quo

Did Sky just choose to show this on Christmas day, as it seems to be part of the interview showed earlier in the year, looking at the setting it was filmed in?

Maybe...

If (and it's a big if) the Colchester game showed the club that the fans won't really keep just attending whatever happens, it'll be a pity we never really organised ourselves years ago and stopped the whole thing. A few boycotted games and this would've all be sorted.

I'd never really thought of this before but speaking to a mate yesterday he said the X amount of winning games at the start of the promotion seasons killed off the resistance to it. It's hard to deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:39
    If (and it's a big if) the Colchester game showed the club that the fans won't really keep just attending whatever happens, it'll be a pity we never really organised ourselves years ago and stopped the whole thing. A few boycotted games and this would've all be sorted.
    Had we not won the league in 2012/13 then I think it may have been reversed earlier. Everything went in favour of the rebrand- we won the league and made it to the premiership- however it still lost out. It will be reversed soon although im not sure who by- depends who wants the praise for it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Butterwick Blue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:30
    Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:19] How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?
    I have to say that really pissed me off - and to do it on Xmas day was not clever.[/quo
    Even if so Tan has hardly come out spitting fire and demanding an apology for the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=surge wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:47
    Butterwick Blue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:30] How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:19
    Did Sky just choose to show this on Christmas day, as it seems to be part of the interview showed earlier in the year, looking at the setting it was filmed in?
    Just asking the question, I'm on your side!

Well if ( and it's a big if ) there's a "promise" to return to blue in the future I would want Dalman or Choo to open up a vein to get it written in blood. Also despite the bollocks Ali comes out with regarding the attendance figures the club will know the real numbers and can work out how many season ticket holders have packed it up already and the potential numbers who will do so next season.

Tan: "I will revert the badge, but the Red remains."

Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 18:37
    Tan: "I will revert the badge, but the Red remains."
    Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Butterwick Blue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:52
    surge wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:47] How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:30
    Even if so Tan has hardly come out spitting fire and demanding an apology for the timing.
    It wasn't a repeat of the interview that took place on Tans boat.

How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?
    I have to say that really pissed me off - and to do it on Xmas day was not clever.
    I'm still of the opinion that until very recently he believed our main gripe was the way he dealt with Malky and he's only just get the true story. It was mentioned in the Travel Club meeting that he takes more notice of Ken Choo than any of his predecessors- maybe maybe Ken is getting the message over at last ?

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Bogota Blue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 21:20
    Butterwick Blue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:52] How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:47
    Doesn't necessarily make it live. Could have been recorded a few days earlier. Do you know for a fact it was live ?

'I've been told...'

Him and Ankles post every single possible outcome relating to the City with that line or 'My sources tell me...'

Tomorrow the Leeds fan will post the opposite thus covering their backs. And everyone laps it up saying 'Hope your inside info is true' without having the brain to realise they're trying to cover every angle. Utter fvckin' mindless sheep, can't believe that site is still running.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Lawnmower wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 21:35
    Bogota Blue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 21:20] How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:52
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:47
    It was a live interview over the phone conducted by Jim White on Christmas day.
    Well, it was none of the normal 'after the break, we have an exclusive interview with Vincent Tan' ........ It seemed very ad hoc, almost as if Tan had called them out of the err blue for a chat. If Sky Sports News was live that day then the interview was live.