+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Find this Select 40 Invitation Disconcerting

Re: I Find this Select 40 Invitation Disconcerting

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 00:47
    Question 1 of the Survey - Do you want to Stay in the Home colours of Red - Yes / No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 00:46
    Question 2 of the Survey - Do you want to go back to the original Home colours of blue and the original badge? - Yes / No
    What else would you add?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 00:48
    Question 1 of the Survey - Do you want to Stay in the Home colours of Red - Yes / No
    Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 00:47
    Question 2 of the Survey - Do you want to go back to the original Home colours of blue and the original badge? - Yes / No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 00:46
    simples?
    9. If the club stayed red but was given a £20m war chest for players in this window would you buy a season ticket.

Thanks for the response and the detail above. It's okay to fear what may happen next, but rest assured us normal folks outside of the special "40" will keep a close eye on proceedings.

The only people who should be invited is season ticket holders after all they are the people who did not desert the club.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 01:14
    The only people who should be invited is season ticket holders after all they are the people who did not desert the club.
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 00:14
    Someone voting No? interesting. Bet they hide behind the keyboard though.
    Have you got a problem with me voting No?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 01:13
    Thanks for the response and the detail above. It's okay to fear what may happen next, but rest assured us normal folks outside of the special "40" will keep a close eye on proceedings.
    If you really need to matter, why don't you see if you can become one of those households that measure TV viewing figures? I'm sure you don't watch every show on TV but believe it or not you are counted in the demographic

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 01:29
    The "detail" was a demonstration of how absurd your inferiority complex is.
    If people like you are going to the meeting with those type of snide comments we might aswell rap it in.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 01:40
    I get the feeling you were always the last kid to picked against the wall at lunchtimes?
    Read above. I "deserted" the club when conscientious objection might have prevented this mess in the first place my old china.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 00:42
    A good Cross Section? Who are they then? The math does not equate to 40 of how many season ticket holders?
    The Trust sent out an e-mail yesterday asking for feedback from their members as to how they should approach the meeting, so at least a small cross section of fans have had a chance to get their views represented - don't suppose you're a member though, your contributions in this thread read like one of the many who just sit on the sidelines moaning about things.

^^^
    Polling trust members is a sensible move.
    I look forward to the opportunity to contribute later.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 05:59
    A good Cross Section? Who are they then? The math does not equate to 40 of how many season ticket holders?
    and the club are only holding the meeting because its hurting them in the wallet, lets be frank here, we know thats the root cause of the issue.
    I'm a paying customer Bob, not sitting on the sidelines, I'm a customer to the club not to any of these talking shop clubs. I want to be consulted as a customer directly, not much to ask is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 00:14
    Someone voting No? interesting. Bet they hide behind the keyboard though.
    Personally I'm not that bothered who attends but then I'm not really a sad act who is interested in football club politics. Football is about watching the match with your mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 08:15
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 05:59
    and the club are only holding the meeting because its hurting them in the wallet, lets be frank here, we know thats the root cause of the issue.
    What's "math"?
    You could have had a say if you belonged to the truly democratic supporters' organisation - unless you belong to the Trust, you are, to all intents and purposes sitting on the sidelines because there's no one else who is going to represent you. The club are never going to survey all of the "paying customers" like you on the rebrand, probably because they would almost certainly get a result they wouldn't want to hear and if they aren't going to do that, what gives you the right to be invited over the thousands like you?

What's "math"?
    In my opinion the club should liaise directly only with the Trust. The Trust will then canvass the members for their thoughts, as they are doing now. These thoughts can then be put to the club by the elected representatives of the Trust. At least this way we will avoid the arguments that we have seen since Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 08:47
    What's "math"?
    The Trust sent out an e-mail yesterday asking for feedback from their members as to how they should approach the meeting, so at least a small cross section of fans have had a chance to get their views represented - don't suppose you're a member though, your contributions in this thread read like one of the many who just sit on the sidelines moaning about things.
    Where have I stated I want to be invited? I stated I want to be consulted as a paying customer. The Trust will all their good intentions, release strong statements but nothing really happens does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 08:52
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 08:47
    What's "math"?
    I'm a paying customer Bob, not sitting on the sidelines, I'm a customer to the club not to any of these talking shop clubs. I want to be consulted as a customer directly, not much to ask is it?
    As for the Trust, they sent an open letter to Vincent Tan last week and a few days later there's news of a meeting being arranged with some supporters - it may be a coincidence, but I don't see how anyone can say for certain that what was in that letter had nothing to do with Tan's decision.

I don't blame the individuals who have accepted the invitation.

I do blame the club for inviting them and not only dealing with CCST and maybe CCSC. To be honest if the club are as likely to engage with people who mouth off on message boards as the trust then there really is no point being a member of the trust is there? You are more likely to get your voice heard at the club by stopping going to games and using the time saved to post on here against the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:12
    I agree with this, which is why I think they should only engage with the Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:21
    I do blame the club for inviting them and not only dealing with CCST and maybe CCSC. To be honest if the club are as likely to engage with people who mouth off on message boards as the trust then there really is no point being a member of the trust is there? You are more likely to get your voice heard at the club by stopping going to games and using the time saved to post on here against the club.
    * Disclaimer: I personally can't see that happening!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:04
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 08:52
    What's "math"?
    What's "math"?
    I think the fact that the Trusts profile has been raised considerably over the last year has helped considerably. It's not just the open letter, but the fact that the Trust are asked to comment on media outlets such as 5Live, Guardian, Daily Mail etc, as well as the usual sources such as the Western Mail and Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 01:40
    I get the feeling you were always the last kid to picked against the wall at lunchtimes?
    Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:29
    Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:21
    I agree with this, which is why I think they should only engage with the Trust.
    The Trust would canvass members for their opinions and put these forward by the elected reprentatives. Then the meetings would be attended by fewer people, which would hopefully mean that it would have less chance of decending into a shouting match, which is distinct possibility with over 40 people there.

What's "math"?
    not wanting to get into the pros's and con's of the trust but you really cannot say that someone shouldn't have a voice just because they don't belong to a trust or other form of members association. You're adopting a closed shop mentality there Bob. That is hardly democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 01:14
    As a (now) non-ST holder it felt to me that I was supporting the club above and beyond the call of duty during 95 tedious minutes against Rotherham!