+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Find this Select 40 Invitation Disconcerting

Re: I Find this Select 40 Invitation Disconcerting

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 08:47
    A good Cross Section? Who are they then? The math does not equate to 40 of how many season ticket holders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 08:15
    and the club are only holding the meeting because its hurting them in the wallet, lets be frank here, we know thats the root cause of the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 05:59
    What's "math"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 00:42
    The Trust sent out an e-mail yesterday asking for feedback from their members as to how they should approach the meeting, so at least a small cross section of fans have had a chance to get their views represented - don't suppose you're a member though, your contributions in this thread read like one of the many who just sit on the sidelines moaning about things.
    The statement the club has not made is 'why' it wants these sessions; what does it want to achieve? Fan and club agreement on colour? a compromise? or just be able to say it talked to 'fan' representatives

Tan's getting his 40 greatest dissenters all in one room. He'll appear via video link from the other side of the world. All a bit of a James Bond storey line if you ask me. Make sure your close to the exit and don't eat the vol-a-vents !

ps Dai Hunt can speak on my behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:21
    I don't blame the individuals who have accepted the invitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:12
    I do blame the club for inviting them and not only dealing with CCST and maybe CCSC. To be honest if the club are as likely to engage with people who mouth off on message boards as the trust then there really is no point being a member of the trust is there? You are more likely to get your voice heard at the club by stopping going to games and using the time saved to post on here against the club.
    but the trust represents less than 5% of the fan base. That is hardly indicative.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 05:59
    A good Cross Section? Who are they then? The math does not equate to 40 of how many season ticket holders?
    and the club are only holding the meeting because its hurting them in the wallet, lets be frank here, we know thats the root cause of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:39
    I do blame the club for inviting them and not only dealing with CCST and maybe CCSC. To be honest if the club are as likely to engage with people who mouth off on message boards as the trust then there really is no point being a member of the trust is there? You are more likely to get your voice heard at the club by stopping going to games and using the time saved to post on here against the club.
    I agree with this, which is why I think they should only engage with the Trust.
    As an aside, surely this is how all other clubs do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:41
    but the trust represents less than 5% of the fan base. That is hardly indicative.
    would it? CCFC have had apathetic fans as long as I can remember. During my time watching the club the majority seem to either want a punch up or get so pissed they cannot see the match going on before them. I'm not saying either are right or wrong but I would argue our fan base haven't ever really cared about the goings on. In fact, I'd say our effort to rid the club of Clemo was much more energised than what we are seeing today with ten times the number of fans.

I'm sure we won't agree on this, but I see the Trust as the trade union of Cardiff City supporters!

Let me get this right .

Cardiff City have finally recognised they have disgruntled supporters, who previously they have ignored.

This meeting is shall we say impromptu.

Cardiff City invite as broad a spectrum of people as possible in a very short time.

The main issue which is the glue that is keeping us altogether is "return to blue"

And we have people arguing/discussing about who should be there and why am I not represented personally?

We could teach Mrs R parrot to say "return to blue"

I am sorry but I find it all very petty ,sometimes in life there is a greater picture ,get real folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Q wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:38
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 08:47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 08:15
    What's "math"?
    The Trust sent out an e-mail yesterday asking for feedback from their members as to how they should approach the meeting, so at least a small cross section of fans have had a chance to get their views represented - don't suppose you're a member though, your contributions in this thread read like one of the many who just sit on the sidelines moaning about things.
    I'm a paying customer Bob, not sitting on the sidelines, I'm a customer to the club not to any of these talking shop clubs. I want to be consulted as a customer directly, not much to ask is it?
    Given Tan's dismissive attitude in his Christmas Day address to his subjects, I tend to agree with those who claim that something significant has happened in the past thirteen days - I don't think anyone can really say what until tomorrow's meeting at the earliest, but I would say that recent events have shown our owner that we are at a situation where it's far more than his 20% of trouble makers who have had enough of his "lucky" red.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:46
    the answer for you maybe, in your opinion. You need to remember that not everyone thinks like you. I certainly know that the lads I go to the match with have no interest in being part of the trust and as such the trust can never claim to represent them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:50
    Let me get this right .
    this, he may be pissed on buckfast at this early hour, but he still speaks sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:58
    Let me get this right .
    Cardiff City have finally recognised they have disgruntled supporters, who previously they have ignored.
    You had a line to perk yourself up this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 10:00
    Let me get this right .
    This meeting is shall we say impromptu.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:37
    Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:29
    I don't see how consulting a cross section of fans can be construed as a bad thing.
    I have been to plenty of local council meetings etc and no matter how emotive the issue and how little time I have for my local councillors, even they manage to achieve the above.

The answer is for more supporters to join the Trust and use the opportunities offered to ensure their views and opinions are heard. The Trust is more important than ever now, and even with a disappointingly small membership it is starting to make an impact.
    For non season ticket holders that want a say, then they have to join the Trust of their own accord.

Lets not forget that Hull season ticket holders were given the opportunity to vote on their proposed name change, unfortunately the questions were loaded in the clubs favour and the fans reluctantly voted for the name change,with many more abstaining from voting.
    Imagine how that could be spun here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 10:33
    Lets not forget that Hull season ticket holders were given the opportunity to vote on their proposed name change, unfortunately the questions were loaded in the clubs favour and the fans reluctantly voted for the name change,with many more abstaining from voting.
    I gave a good example of it on the first page

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 10:32
    The answer is for more supporters to join the Trust and use the opportunities offered to ensure their views and opinions are heard. The Trust is more important than ever now, and even with a disappointingly small membership it is starting to make an impact.
    I'm sure we won't agree on this, but I see the Trust as the trade union of Cardiff City supporters!
    if the trust is to be democratic then it needs to be a free choice, not one imposed just because a few people wish to have a trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 11:01
    the answer for you maybe, in your opinion. You need to remember that not everyone thinks like you. I certainly know that the lads I go to the match with have no interest in being part of the trust and as such the trust can never claim to represent them.
    Ok, what would you suggest is the best way for fans and the club to liaise with each other? A way that would not see allegations of an unelected inner circle, mouthy message board contributors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 11:34
    If the club said that in future it would only deal with the Trust and not people who shout and scream loudest on message boards for example, then people can have no complaints that they are not being represented.
    The club have done the right thing. It's mouthy message board contributors that can't see that

It's been asked before, but as yet I've not seen it answered.

Dr Socks, Neil....

What would you like said at the meeting that you are afraid won't be brought up?

I'm sure at least one of the 40 will say it for you....

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:07
    If the club said that in future it would only deal with the Trust and not people who shout and scream loudest on message boards for example, then people can have no complaints that they are not being represented.
    Maybe the club could "donate" £12 of each season ticket cost to the Trust and then the Trust could enrol each season ticket holder. Then people couldn't complain.
    OI, I resemble that remark...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:13
    Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:07
    Maybe the club could "donate" £12 of each season ticket cost to the Trust and then the Trust could enrol each season ticket holder. Then people couldn't complain.
    For non season ticket holders that want a say, then they have to join the Trust of their own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:09
    As I have stated, I want the club to consult and interact with me as a valued customer, not just a select committee that was not chosen by me or the other 95% of the customer base. This is my opinion and I respect that of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:22
    Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:09
    Dr Socks, Neil....
    What issues would you have brought up?