+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I Find this Select 40 Invitation Disconcerting

Re: I Find this Select 40 Invitation Disconcerting

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:24
    It's been asked before, but as yet I've not seen it answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:22
    Dr Socks, Neil....
    Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:09
    What would you like said at the meeting that you are afraid won't be brought up?
    Actually unless I have missed it isn't Mike an invited one? Has he asked people on here for their views?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:27
    Dr Socks, Neil....
    What would you like said at the meeting that you are afraid won't be brought up?
    I'm sure at least one of the 40 will say it for you....
    Would you have him bore everyone at the meeting to sobs with the individual views of the 10,000 people registered on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:31
    Dr Socks, Neil....
    As I have stated, I want the club to consult and interact with me as a valued customer, not just a select committee that was not chosen by me or the other 95% of the customer base. This is my opinion and I respect that of others.
    Thanks

Dr Socks, Neil....
    If the stadium isnt heated by Saturday I doubt I will ever return as I am becoming blue watching.

Dr Socks, Neil....
    Is there any point in MM asking people for views, if they won't give them for fear of them actually being raised in the meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:33
    Dr Socks, Neil....
    As I have stated, I want the club to consult and interact with me as a valued customer, not just a select committee that was not chosen by me or the other 95% of the customer base. This is my opinion and I respect that of others.
    Imagine the club had invited you personally to meet the current board.
    So in that case am I to assume you are opting for Option B?

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 11:34
    I don't blame the individuals who have accepted the invitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 11:01
    I do blame the club for inviting them and not only dealing with CCST and maybe CCSC. To be honest if the club are as likely to engage with people who mouth off on message boards as the trust then there really is no point being a member of the trust is there? You are more likely to get your voice heard at the club by stopping going to games and using the time saved to post on here against the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 10:32
    I agree with this, which is why I think they should only engage with the Trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:58
    but the trust represents less than 5% of the fan base. That is hardly indicative.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:46
    The answer is for more supporters to join the Trust and use the opportunities offered to ensure their views and opinions are heard. The Trust is more important than ever now, and even with a disappointingly small membership it is starting to make an impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:39
    I'm sure we won't agree on this, but I see the Trust as the trade union of Cardiff City supporters!
    Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:21
    the answer for you maybe, in your opinion. You need to remember that not everyone thinks like you. I certainly know that the lads I go to the match with have no interest in being part of the trust and as such the trust can never claim to represent them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:12
    If the club said that in future it would only deal with the Trust and not people who shout and scream loudest on message boards for example, then people can have no complaints that they are not being represented.
    why can't the club email all fans on their database? this is the 21st century, it is relatively easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:35
    Dr Socks, Neil....

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:37
    I do blame the club for inviting them and not only dealing with CCST and maybe CCSC. To be honest if the club are as likely to engage with people who mouth off on message boards as the trust then there really is no point being a member of the trust is there? You are more likely to get your voice heard at the club by stopping going to games and using the time saved to post on here against the club.
    but the trust represents less than 5% of the fan base. That is hardly indicative.
    The answer is for more supporters to join the Trust and use the opportunities offered to ensure their views and opinions are heard. The Trust is more important than ever now, and even with a disappointingly small membership it is starting to make an impact.
    I'm sure we won't agree on this, but I see the Trust as the trade union of Cardiff City supporters!
    the answer for you maybe, in your opinion. You need to remember that not everyone thinks like you. I certainly know that the lads I go to the match with have no interest in being part of the trust and as such the trust can never claim to represent them.
    If the club said that in future it would only deal with the Trust and not people who shout and scream loudest on message boards for example, then people can have no complaints that they are not being represented.
    Maybe the club could "donate" £12 of each season ticket cost to the Trust and then the Trust could enrol each season ticket holder. Then people couldn't complain.
    That's a full time job for somebody who doesn't have the will to live.

Dr Socks, Neil....
    Just seems to be a secret selected "40" that have been invited. How has the selection process for the 40 been done? We'll probably never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:37
    Maybe the club could "donate" £12 of each season ticket cost to the Trust and then the Trust could enrol each season ticket holder. Then people couldn't complain.
    A quiz ...What was Dr Socks secret question?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:39
    Dr Socks, Neil....
    What is your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:40
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:39
    Dr Socks, Neil....
    What issues would you have brought up?
    You've lost me now. Please read the original Post with Poll, its a poll not a problem.

As I said on the other thread, it's cr@p like this that got the rebrand through in the first place.

Proper People's Front of Judea stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:45
    As I said on the other thread, it's cr@p[/email] like this that got the rebrand through in the first place.
    Well if you find it "cr@p" you don't need to respond do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:48
    As I said on the other thread, it's cr@p[/email][/email] like this that got the rebrand through in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:45
    Proper People's Front of Judea stuff.
    You could take a leaf out of my book and respond to perfectly reasonable questions instead of attempting to swerve them

Cardiff City Supporters' Trust has consistently and repeatedly told the club that the best way to ensure good communication with the fanbase is to accept a democratically-elected Supporters' Director onto the Board of Directors.

This would enfranchise and empower all supporters and provide a channel of communication which could deal with issues in the best way. It's the right thing to do.

We have reiterated our appeal in our recent Open Letter to Vincent Tan, and we will do so again at the meeting on Thursday, if we are able to - others will be there after all and they are entitled to have their say as well.

Support your Trust because it supports you.

Hull fans seem to have a lot more success than ours in relation to the off field shit. They all seem to be behind their supporters trust a lot more than us as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:37
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:33
    Dr Socks, Neil....
    What issues would you have brought up?
    Definately b.