+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A plea to my fellow Cardiff City fans

A plea to my fellow Cardiff City fans

Cardiff City fans have, by continuing to attend matches and respectfully protesting have got a billionaire to change his mind. This man is not used to giving in and losing, yet that is exactly what he has done.

We have a couple of options at 19.27 tomorrow, sing, and celebrate a famous victory

or be smart.......

A round of applause would be a fantastic way to celebrate the return to blue. It will be noisy, it will involve everyone but can be seen by Vincent Tan as a thank you. It doesn't have to mean thank you but it will be seen to be a respectful acknowledgement of the situation.

Although we would never thank Tan for the rebrand, he has changed things back to blue, I'm thankful for that and I'm not ashamed to say I'm grateful.

Any songs might be taken the wrong way and we will gain nothing. Anyone who wants to go tomorrow and stick two fingers up to Tan is a dickhead. This is a victory and sometimes it's better to win well and be magnanimous.

Certainly, I will not be singing.... I hope we can allow Tan some semblance of face saving.

As I've always said, we don't have to mean it. Lets win with more grace than was used to change the colours in the first place.

Re: A plea to my fellow Cardiff City fans

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 17:58
    Cardiff City fans have, by continuing to attend matches and respectfully protesting have got a billionaire to change his mind. This man is not used to giving in and losing, yet that is exactly what he has done.
    Very good idea.

What a load of shit, sing loud and proud at 19.27 as always

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 18:32
    Agreed

This ^^^^^^^

Hopefully we will sing all game now and not just on 19:27. Can't wait

Sing it louder than ever, this is what really started the ball rolling, never give it up. We must never take our eye off the ball again, this chant will remind us. Future City fans will be asking why do we sing this on 19.27, they'll be told , it can become an ayatollah type thing. We've gained a hell of a victory for football fans everywhere, who knows what other dictator types were watching our situation closely, thinking 'if it works, I'll do it'. Hopefully we've nipped a few of these in the bud, we've suffered but if, say, it makes that bloke at Hull have a little rethink, we should be proud and fans of other clubs may never, ever let fiascos like this happen again. Fan power can prevail

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 19:03
    Sing it louder than ever, this is what really started the ball rolling, never give it up. We must never take our eye off the ball again, this chant will remind us. Future City fans will be asking why do we sing this on 19.27, they'll be told , it can become an ayatollah type thing. We've gained a hell of a victory for football fans everywhere, who knows what other dictator types were watching our situation closely, thinking 'if it works, I'll do it'. Hopefully we've nipped a few of these in the bud, we've suffered but if, say, it makes that bloke at Hull have a little rethink, we should be proud and fans of other clubs may never, ever let fiascos like this happen again. Fan power can prevail

I'm far from a militant but there is an opportunity tomorrow to really give this some gusto. It's not an insulting song, it's hardly a protest song either, just a statement of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 19:04
    I know what you mean TBG, there were lots going on beforehand but the 19.27 chant was the largest sustained participation protest. It was perhaps the most visible to the club's hierarchy, I'm sure it did ruffle a few feathers, especially last season when Tan was present, wasn't he ushered out on 19 minutes a few times to save him embarrassment, may be wrong on that but I'm sure someone on here mentioned it.

Don't think there are any personal winners or losers here. Upholding tradition is the best thing that's come out of it all.

Singing on 19.27 is still a great thing to do, but not in a victorious way. - Tan ultimately listened and I think understood. The JFK quote is one of my favourites, so I'm glad he used it.

Whilst I would have been happy to sink down the divisions without him in return for tradition being upheld, now that it's done, there's a chance of pursuing the dream again, but in blue. Imagine how great it would feel to get another shot at the PL with a united club. I don't see many billionaires lining up to buy is, and the 'consortium' hit grabbing propaganda has fallen by the wayside.

Onwards.

I think it should be sung, in celebration. "We're Cardiff City, we'll always be blue". It's truer than ever now. There's no longer a need for it to be sung in defiance. Sing it loud and enjoy it.

I think we should sing it, but just before kick off. When the whistle goes, the next 90 minutes should be passionate support for the team only. The players have had to put up with half a season of our being more focussed on Tan than them, so let's show them what our full support can be like.

In any case, I don't think "stage-managed" crowd reaction works, fans are spontaneous and will do what we do.

^^^ this!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 18:49
    This ^^^^^^^
    Actually i suppose the ayatollahs now out of date. Could we arrange a 'Buddha'

Quote Originally Posted by Daibach wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 06:05
    Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 18:49
    This ^^^^^^^
    Actually i suppose the ayatollahs now out of date. Could we arrange a 'Buddha'
    Where are we going to find a bunch of bald, fat men sitting down on a Saturday afternoon......oh hang on

This is an excellent point, which I had overlooked. I saw the actions taken by our supporters as being out of respect for Bluebirds who have past on over the last 110 years, and in the interests of Bluebirds of the future (our children and our children's children etc. I can't think of any other group of supporters who have taken this stance and had an outcome as successful as we have, and so yes, our campaign should be encouraging to other supporters groups and a warning to owners who think they can ride rough shod over a clubs traditions and culture.

There is nothing offensive or wrong with singing 'We'll always be blue'.

Its a statement, its a fact and something we are all proud about.

I say sing it louder and with more passion than ever before.

Ten's not going to be there and is not going to give a shit either way.

If he is insulted then this is just another lesson in UK football culture for him.

Sing it and be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 19:26
    Don't think there are any personal winners or losers here. Upholding tradition is the best thing that's come out of it all.
    Good post

What a load of cobblers.

If you really think he has done this U-Turn out of respect then think again. Purely down to being advised his "business" is going down the tubes (with the low cup attendance and the #nobluenorenew campaign).

Sing it louder than ever.

Louder, prouder we are CCFC we will always be blue!!

Louder and prouder nqat