+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Evans glowing endorsement of Revell

Steve Evans glowing endorsement of Revell

http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/we_had_no_opt ion_but_to_sell_revs__evans_850908/index.shtml?

His comments- and he's been a Rotherham season ticket holder for 20 years +, he's very knowledgeable on his footy.

''He will give you 100% in every game, not a goal scorer but a team man and a great strike partner for anyone, he is basically a centre half's nightmare!!''

''he is also a lovely guy always willing to go the extra mile with fans''

Sorry for those who want Messi here, but he sounds like just the sort of character we need.

Welcome to Cardiff Alex.

We've always loved players with big hearts Perry, Stant, Dwyer, Legg, Kavanagh all legends...and you can shut the doubters up.

Re: Steve Evans glowing endorsement of Revell

From a Millers fan:

Moved to Cardiff today for an undisclosed fee.
    I know this should be in the transfers thread, but I'd like to place on record my appreciation of Revs in his time at RUFC & thanks for scoring the best goal I've ever seen from a Millers player in last season's playoff final.
    IMO, a true Millers legend & Evans has got it so, so wrong by selling him. The amount of stick he gets from opposing centre-backs without complaint, his excellent hold up play, & the amount of chances he creates for others whilst not being particularly prolific himself will be missed. Agard wouldn't have scored half the 26 goals he got last season if it wasn't for Revs.
    I really hope he does the business for Cardiff & enjoys the next stage in his career.

You'll be missed Revs, & good luck!!!!

We are obviously now living within our means.

I'm all for supporting every player if he gives 100%, just a shame that we have a player at the Club who has regularly scored in La Liga and we have to resort to signing players from lesser Clubs than us.

Anyway, it's difficult to be negative right now about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 22:27
    We are obviously now living within our means.
    Surely that's tongue in cheek ?

You forgot Alan Lee, another Rotherham Import that gave everything to the cause. Gave our defenders hell on the opening day of our 1st season back in the championship in 100 degree heat, we need young, hungry players it's all we ask as Bluebird fans - give everything for the shirt - unlike some on the pitch at the moment - all the best Alex - make yourself a legend.

Who is his striker partner? If we have a Thompson and Chopra like partnership it's good, if it's a Revell and Kenwynne partnership it's really not exciting.

modern day alan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 22:36
    Who is his striker partner? If we have a Thompson and Chopra like partnership it's good, if it's a Revell and Kenwynne partnership it's really not exciting.
    Revell & Le Fondre might just work as they are both busy on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 22:45
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 22:36
    I'm still a big fan of Le Fondre.
    I think you could be right. My only fear with these two however, is that they'd both huff & puff without ever managing to blow the house down.