+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ALF

ALF

Didn't used to rate Le Fondre but he works his bollocks off, must have covered more ground than anyone on the pitch today!

Re: ALF

Le Fondre & Revell already seemed to have chemistry

Yeah I liked them together, I do like Kenwyn too mind

Kenwyne offers far more than Revell if were gonna compare both of their 45 minute stints

Revel only signed yesterday while KJ has trained with the team for a while

I just don't rate him.He squanders chances and for all his effort, rarely threatens the opposition. Of our main Championship strikers over the years (Ernie, Chopra, Jerome etc), LeFondre is easily the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Raven wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 18:37
    I just don't rate him.He squanders chances and for all his effort, rarely threatens the opposition. Of our main Championship strikers over the years (Ernie, Chopra, Jerome etc), LeFondre is easily the worse.
    Who were their partners?

ALF has no bottle either. Late in the second half he had a chance if being clean through if he won a 50/50. In the end he shit out and the chance was lost.

Drop him and play a 5 man midfield with one striker. He is nothing special and he doesnt score.

Quote Originally Posted by nathansfmachine wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 20:14
    ALF has no bottle either. Late in the second half he had a chance if being clean through if he won a 50/50. In the end he shit out and the chance was lost.
    That's not fair. I need a second look too but someone behind me groaned and I thought he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 20:18
    Drop him and play a 5 man midfield with one striker. He is nothing special and he doesnt score.
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 18:09
    Didn't used to rate Le Fondre but he works his bollocks off, must have covered more ground than anyone on the pitch today!
    Fraizer Campbell was like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Bread wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 20:23
    Frazier has pace though. Alf is slow and technically he isn't that good. His rep was made on his goal ratio without that i don't think he offers much. Nothing we can't be without.

Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 20:31
    Frazier has pace though. Alf is slow and technically he isn't that good. His rep was made on his goal ratio without that i don't think he offers much. Nothing we can't be without.
    I agree My point about Fraizer Campbell was that's all people talked about - his running, not the goals.

Agreed. When he was a Reading player, I thought he didnt work that hard and didn't offer much in terms of general play but was fairly clinical In front of goal. In fairness to him he does work his nuts off for us and does make intelligent runs but he's not scoring and it looks like his confidence in front of goal is shot at the moment. We are not controlling the midfield area and don't ever maintain possession effectively, so I think he should be dropped and put the extra man in the centre of midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Bread wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 20:35
    Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 20:31
    I agree My point about Fraizer Campbell was that's all people talked about - his running, not the goals.
    Fair point. I guess ALF seems like a nicer bloke but I wouldn't want Frazier back so perhaps I should be less lenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 20:19
    Correct!
    thought Adeyemi playing on the right didn't work today, he is far more comfortable in the middle and consequently played very narrow allowing Fulham a lot of space on the right. Not his fault.he just needs to be in the middle where he's comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 18:53
    Who were their partners?
    I think Kenwyne is decent and while Macheda is lamentable, LeFondre isn't outscoring him despite more time on the pitch.