+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Portsmouth Hoolies

Portsmouth Hoolies

I dropped my lad off at Newport station around 1pm today and then went into the "city" centre. We walked out of the car park to be met by a running scuffle between a mob of around 50 (who turned out to be Portsmouth) and plod with dogs, horses and drawn batons.

Watching from the side lines it was like some poor Danny Dyer film being made. Lots or sirens, running, shouting, the odd kick & punch and some nasty mutts.

It was my missus first viewing of a "mob" and a real throwback to years gone by.

After the fracas had passed we walked on into the shopping area, unfortunately, it looked like the Portsmouth boys had been there beforehand, as the place looked like Beirut, with boarded up windows, drunks loitering and even the odd Cewnty fan.

Ah, the good old days.

Re: Portsmouth Hoolies

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 18:20
    I dropped my lad off at Newport station around 1pm today and then went into the "city" centre. We walked out of the car park to be met by a running scuffle between a mob of around 50 (who turned out to be Portsmouth) and plod with dogs, horses and drawn batons.
    I hope you sang "Pompey, Pompey what's the time? From a safe distance of course.

Tbf to Pompey, that's how it normally looks

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 18:36
    Watching from the side lines it was like some poor Danny Dyer film being made. Lots or sirens, running, shouting, the odd kick & punch and some nasty mutts.
    Whoosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 18:42
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 18:36
    It was my missus first viewing of a "mob" and a real throwback to years gone by.
    Beat me to it.

I reckon that's league 2 football for you. The football's crap so they resort to fighting for their kicks. Just like we used to do in the good old days.