+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone's first game in 2 seasons today?

Anyone's first game in 2 seasons today?

Football wasn't the best but a good win and great to be back in blue.

Was so happy to see the stadium full of blue, in the words of TLG it was "totes emosh"

Re: Anyone's first game in 2 seasons today?

I would think that for supporters who have kept going but disliked the rebrand today must have been a greatly improved experience.

As someone who hasn't been to a Cardiff game for a couple of years, it all felt pretty alien and I didn't feel much of a connection today. Hopefully it's a case of giving it time and getting a few more games including an away match or two under my belt.

Appreciate it's very subjective but it still feels like a damaged club to me and I was surprised at how quiet the crowd were, despite some fans and the media suggesting it was the best atmosphere for a long time. It goes to show just how soul destroying the past year or so must have been for supporters and players alike.

On the pitch City look a side in transition and there didn't seem to be a lot of pattern to their play. It was a strange mistake ridden game with lots of bluebirds players looking short of confidence. It's difficult to imagine the current side challenging for the play offs but the championship is notoriously unpredictable so who knows.

I have to be honest whilst I have still had good days out etc it hasn't been the same today felt so much better.

Did you enjoy the day at least? Did your son enjoy going back?

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:24
    I have to be honest whilst I have still had good days out etc it hasn't been the same today felt so much better.
    I don't think I ever expected to just pick up where I left off two years ago tbh but it's always great to spend some quality time with my oldest son so enjoyed the day regardless.

Good man, good to have you back.

The blue kit makes a huge difference as did a much more united crowd. If anything the last couple of years means I won't take city for granted again!

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:22
    I would think that for supporters who have kept going but disliked the rebrand today must have been a greatly improved experience.
    I can understand how a lot felt, I must admit I did think the roar when the teams come out would have been louder but what more then made up was on 19:27 and the huge roar and show of scraves. I don't think anyone could have not enjoyed that and from where I was on the Canton seeing the Ninian. stand with scarves above their head was a goose pimple moment.

Plus side seeing lots of old friends.

Negative the football City are "work in progress"

Think back to blue is great but there is lot of bitterness and resentment which will take years to fade if ever.

I didnt go today (i couldnt) but i did make a symbolic purchase this morning in the club shop in town - a £1.50 little sheep bug thing for my daughters pushchair! I enjoyed buying it and told thr assistant its symbolism which she enjoyed!

the contrite nature and tone of tans reversal of the rebrand had made me feel an instant re-onnection and i shall find out how i feel at the Reading cup game, as i plan to go to that. To be honest, I cant wait to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:43
    I didnt go today (i couldnt) but i did make a symbolic purchase this morning in the club shop in town - a £1.50 little sheep bug thing for my daughters pushchair! I enjoyed buying it and told thr assistant its symbolism which she enjoyed!
    I heard Choo saying yo bin actin' like yo shit dont stink an yo can whistle out yo ass if yo want to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:47
    the contrite nature and tone of tans reversal of the rebrand had made me feel an instant re-onnection and i shall find out how i feel at the Reading cup game, as i plan to go to that. To be honest, I cant wait to go.
    I never said that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:48
    Club says they don't want you back after all the stuff you've been saying about them.
    Jus sayin', yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:49
    Club says they don't want you back after all the stuff you've been saying about them.
    I heard Choo saying yo bin actin' like yo shit dont stink an yo can whistle out yo ass if yo want to come back.
    What did choo say!?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:54
    I never said that!!!!

is this real

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:57
    is this real
    Yes, I spoke to Ken Choo and he specifically mentioned JamesWales in a South Central LA gangbangers accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:56
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 22:54
    I never said that!!!!
    Jus sayin', yo.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fu+manchu&rlz=1C1DSGW_ enGB589&espv=2&biw=1093&bih=534&tbm=isch&amp ;tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xq6xVObhLZDPaP6RgvAO& amp;ved=0CD4QsAQ&dpr=1.25#imgdii=_&imgrc=VWQRR9-aSMP SeM%253A%3BHhlqgK9RERnL0M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fupl oad.wikime dia.org%252Fwikipedia%252Fen%252Fa%252Fa0%252FFace _of_Fu_Man chu_ (1965).gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fen.wikipedia.org%2 52Fwiki%25 2FFile%253AFace_of_Fu_Manchu_(1965).gif%3B320%3B24 0

Blog Entries

is this real
    Trick question?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 23:06
    is this real
    Trick question?
    agenda

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 23:08
    is this real
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 23:06
    Trick question?
    agenda
    Always