+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The football just as to get better

The football just as to get better

It was a great occasion today and you could feel the difference in the atmosphere amongst the fans, so many smiling faces and a feel good factor had returned.

The football though was poor and there was not much entertainment on the pitch.At this level it was a contest between to average teams with very few highlights and the fans did well to keep the atmosphere going at times.

However I felt that the crowd helped the team get the three points and there was definitely more effort from the players ,right up until the final whistle...they worked very hard for the win and the two new players did quite well on the debuts.

It's not easy for Slade,apart from the two new players ,he has to work with players he did not bring to the club and I think he has done resonantly well result wise but the football on show as not been great.Were the players fit enough when he took the job on, I don't think they were and Oli must take some responsibility for that.

Once the euphoria of the return to blue starts to fade fans will look closer at the football and the pressure will increase on the manager, he deserves a chance to see what he can do with more if his "own" players before fans really can pass judgement and I hope he can succeed because he seems like a nice genuine chap but football is a ruthless and poor performances and results will dictate his future at the club, meanwhile he looks set to be here until May at least and I think we should get behind the players and the boss and hopefully the football will improve as the season moves on.

Re: The football just as to get better

Agreed. In the first half we didn't put more than 3 passes together. Needs to be addressed to keep the feel good factor going.

Re: The football just as to get better

Quote Originally Posted by corky wrote on Sat, 10 January 2015 20:55
    It was a great occasion today and you could feel the difference in the atmosphere amongst the fans, so many smiling faces and a feel good factor had returned.
    Good post Corky, I agree with much of this. I think if we'd played this game last week we would have lost it.